True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  09:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls and Glampers!

Is there anyone out there restoring or repairing their vintage camper trailer and wanting to share stories, tips, resources or problems? I would love to see a forum for sharing that. Is there one already on MJF that I overlooked?

Sara

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  10:41:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sara... welcome from one glamper to another...
MaryJane has a lovely book devoted ot Outdoors and Glamping (glamor camping)... and there are many groups on face book, some of which are specific to women only,, while others to certain trailer groups ex: Shasta, Silver Streak, Serro Scotty...etc...
There are some helpful tips here too....quit aways back...

Do you have a vtg.trailer?... in search of one??? In the midst of repair/renovating one?

I think as summer approaches you'll see more posting here...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  10:48:35 PM  Show Profile
By the by...Sara... where is 'Biggs'?
Are you up by Nevada City? Or further north?
I currently live 30miles south of Yosemite....

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2017 :  10:13:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace!
Yes, I bought my vintage trailer last summer, and I'm biting off small projects each year so as to still be able to camp in it while in progress. I wish I knew what make and year it is, but what the seller said doesn't match what DMV said, and I actually don't care so much, I just like it!

Thanks for the ideas about online groups. I don't do Facebook, and I don't think a specific trailer group would really fill my need right now. I was actually thinking, as I was using my power tools and planning how to build a dinette, that there must be other women out there tackling similar projects, and that having each other to lean on and cheer each other on would be an awesome thing.

Biggs is in Butte County, north of Sacramento about an hour, and just 20 miles downstream from the now infamous Oroville Dam. We grow walnuts along the Feather River.

As a child I camped at Yosemite, up at Tuolumne Meadows, every summer. I really miss that. Now that I'm in my 50's I've allowed myself to admit that I don't want to sleep on the ground in a tent anymore, so I went out and bought a project trailer! Now I'm rebuilding floor joists and sewing curtains and painting and inventing a dinette where there wasn't one! It's great fun!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2017 :  6:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Sara,,, what about 'pintrest'... lots of ideas there...
There is a really good group over on facebook , 'girlcamping girls'... where a lot of gals post tips and ideas about re-building...
also good reminder to make sure your wheel bearings have been greased before you head out on a trip.. also to use true trail tires not lite weight truck tires... and 'caulking around areas where moisture can get in... and if your trailer is more than 30 years old, you might want to remover your windows and put in new buytle tape as the old stuff dries out and can allow in moisture,, and moisture is your trailers worst enemy.
Also,,, check out the Glamping book by Maryjane,,, lots of great ideas...

Walnuts,,, YUM!. my cousins over on the west side of Fresno (Biola) are raisin and Almond ranchers... so I have my 'connection' for fresh farm grown grapes and almonds..lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic DIY Vintage Camper Makeover Anyone? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page