Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Needed new host for the 9th Traveling Craft Box.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Needed new host for the 9th Traveling Craft Box. Next Topic  

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  12:06:24 PM  Show Profile
As the 8th Traveling Craft Box Swap comes to a close, I am posting that a new Host for the 9th Traveling box is needed. Denise, Judith an myself are not able to continue the next Traveling craft box.

If anyone is interested in hosting the 9 Traveling Craft Box, please let one of us know or post on this Topic and we will get back with you.
Otherwise we will stop this swap for a while.

Please let us know
Darlene, (darlenelovesart)

Thank you and hugs.

Darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Corpus Christi TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  4:57:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi :) can you tell me a little bit more about the traveling box and what hosting involves?

Thanks!

Laura
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  9:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Ok, The Traveling Craft Box has been around to different Farm girls 8 times.
What the Host does is get a Large flat rate box and fills it with all kinds of craft items she doesn't want or need anymore and after she Posts that she is going to be the host and at least 10 people sign up and then they give the host Their names and addresses, of which she makes a copy to put in the box with numbers 1-10 on it, The host is number 10, because the craft box comes back to her.She sends her craft box to the first person on the list.
The next person on the list that gets the box goes through and takes out what she wants and adds her stuff to the box whether she takes a lot or little is up to her, but she has to fill the box up again for the next person. It goes on from there. Till is over. It has been pretty fun and you never know what you will end up. It is best to package up the smaller things to keep them from getting lost, and it makes the box neater and easier to pack. The cost of the box runs $18.75 I think and everyone in the group pays the same as they send it on to the next person.
It has been fun but I have some other things I need to do for a while and cannot host it for a while and the last two have other commitments as well.
So we are looking for a new Host or will wait until later in the year to do it again.

If you are interested let me know and I will help you get it going.
Have a nice day!
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  07:18:09 AM  Show Profile
Well said, Darlene, with a perfect description!
I'll add that the Craft Box Swap is a lot of fun to host!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  2:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith! that was hard on my brain. :D

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Corpus Christi TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  8:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. I am Spring Breaking this week with my family - will be back in touch when we are back home.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  8:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh you are very welcome Laura. Enjoy your Spring Break.

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Corpus Christi TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  3:47:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene :)

We are home from our adventures and I'd be happy to host. Looking forward to getting things started. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  7:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Ok Let me get some others input on this as well!

Thank you Laura for volunteering! It is alot of fun.We will get back to you really soon.
When are you thinking of starting?
I sent them all an email.
When you start it though I would like to be on your list.
Thanks again.

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Mar 20 2017 7:18:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  7:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Laura. I will be participating in this because I still have stuff to put into the box.

If I were you, I would go to the first page of any of the previous threads and copy and paste the description into the first page of the new thread. Then, I would edit it to make certain it is relevant to the new traveling box. Yep, it's that easy.

The hardest part will be to gather the information you need and to keep it in one or two places for safekeeping. So, have a paper copy in case the computer goes down. (Been there, hated that.)

Please feel free to email me directly if you have any questions.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  7:33:39 PM  Show Profile
thank you Marie

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  08:57:15 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to be included in the next box as I still have some things to put in. I'll keep an eye out for the new thread on it.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  09:44:58 AM  Show Profile
Laura, I'm so excited that you are considering hosting the 9th Traveling Craft Box! It's really not difficult..as you can see, the past hosts are great cheerleaders and will be very supportive of you! Its really a fun swap!
I would join this swap too if there is room for me. Thanks again for doing this! Lots of goodies to share!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

284 Posts

Laura
Corpus Christi TX
USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  11:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to keep you all posted that I've started our 9th Craft Box thread - I've included you on the list if you indicated you'd like to participate. Thanks for all the information and suggestions. Looking forward to swapping with you all!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Needed new host for the 9th Traveling Craft Box. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page