Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  3:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning, Girls! Are you up for a new kind of Swap? This one is called: "Made In America Treasure Hunt!"

Let's start Today through March 31 st. Just find 5-10 things that were "Made in America". Anything from foods, clothes, toys, animal feed, etc. Sometime it's not the most expensive item. Example: One lady fround an inexpensive, small waste basket made in the USA, but the larger one was made in China and cost more.

When you find your items, list them on this site by Item, Brand Name and the Store that sells it. Example: Peanut Butter. "Made in Texas" brand. HEB grocery

Please post at least 5 items at a time. If you don't find 5 by the end of the swap, please list what you did find. If you find a lot, please list them 10 at a time. And if you did not find any, report None.

Nothing to buy. Nothing to mail. Just share what you find.

Have a Fun Journey. Happy Shopping. Let's support American Made!!

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up Mary, I will see what I can find.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  11:33:15 PM  Show Profile
Okay, Mary... AWESOME "swap" idea!!!

Ferro Weathervanes Rooftop Artistry: weathervanes, copper finials, turret roof caps, cupola plans (made in Warren, RI ), www.ferroweathervanes.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferro-Weathervanes/265534533630602

A Cheerful Giver Candles (made in Vineland, NJ; employer of special needs adults) www.acheerfulgiver.com

Cape Cod Beach Chairs (Harwich, MA) www.capecodbeachchair.com

Fillmore Container: glass jars , closures and accessories (made in Lancaster, PA – great prices!!!) www.fillmorecontainer.com

Colonial Mills Braided Rugs (made in Pawtucket, RI) https://www.colonialmills.com

Metlon Yarn (made in Cranston, RI) www.metlon.com

Salmon Falls Pottery: handmade stoneware pottery, dinnerware, servingware, bakeware, decorative items, gifts and more – my absolute favorite, can’t get enough! (made in Dover, NH) www.salmonfalls.com

Riverwood Trading Co. Handmade Chferry Utensils, another all-time favorite of mine! (made in Harmony, PA) https://www.etsy.com/shop/riverwoodtrading

Farmaesthetics, 100% atural handmade herbal skincare preparations for face & body (made in Portsmouth, RI), www.farmaesthetics.com

Dovetails Cabinets & Furniture Makers, custom hardwood cabinetry and furniture (made in Foster, RI), www.dovetails.com

Can't wait to see what other products everyone shares!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 04 2017 02:12:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm in. Sounds like fun. Guess I'm on a hint starting now.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Mar 04 2017 2:04:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  2:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda.. happy hunting!!!
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  4:33:25 PM  Show Profile
I'm in Mary! Sounds like fun!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  4:48:43 PM  Show Profile
How neat Nini!
hugs

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  7:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Great idea, I'm up for it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  1:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nora!! Enjoy the hunt!!!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  1:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Judith, Welcome. We love supporting American Made!! Happy hunting!!

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  5:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary, please add me to your list

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

grandolph
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

gin
franklin maine
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  8:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Creative kits for beginners, a doll, a drop spindle, tin punch and more.
Made in Maine & PA www.RandolphCollection.com and www.giftshop.thehenryford.org/kids

Primitive finished handwoven Baskets by Gin,Since 1981, Made in Maine found at www.RandolphCollection.com and www.PineConeGiftShoppe.com Canton, Ohio

Herbal Star Candles Made in America
products at Bear Necessities in Auburn Me and www.oldfarmhouseprimitives.com

Maine's Own Treats, Jams and Jelly, Try the Strawberry Rhubarb,
www.MainesownTreats.com 68 Bar Harbor Rd Trenton, Me

Kris Casucci creates many primitve items to decorate your home, as well as hosting two antique shows every year in N. Brookield, Mass www.etsy.com/shop/TheWalkerHomestead

All-natural, handcrafted body care products specially formulated for sensitive skin! Made in Maine www.prospectharborsoapco.com

Candles in custom made reusable ceramic containers. Great gifts.
Made in  California, www.nordengoods.com

Handcrafted one of a kind guitars made in Maine www.abbotthouseguitars.com

quote:
Originally posted by Madelena

Good Morning, Girls! Are you up for a new kind of Swap? This one is called: "Made In America Treasure Hunt!"

Let's start Today through March 31 st. Just find 5-10 things that were "Made in America". Anything from foods, clothes, toys, animal feed, etc. Sometime it's not the most expensive item. Example: One lady fround an inexpensive, small waste basket made in the USA, but the larger one was made in China and cost more.

When you find your items, list them on this site by Item, Brand Name and the Store that sells it. Example: Peanut Butter. "Made in Texas" brand. HEB grocery

Please post at least 5 items at a time. If you don't find 5 by the end of the swap, please list what you did find. If you find a lot, please list them 10 at a time. And if you did not find any, report None.

Nothing to buy. Nothing to mail. Just share what you find.

Have a Fun Journey. Happy Shopping. Let's support American Made!!

Mary

Basket weaving can be fun, educational and profitable!
baskets by gin since 1981
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  06:09:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherry, Welcome aboard!! Can't wait to see what you find!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  06:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gin! Glad to have your input! In gonna look these up!!
Thanks!!!

Go to Top of Page

grandolph
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

gin
franklin maine
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:33:30 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

Okay, Mary... AWESOME "swap" idea!!!

Ferro Weathervanes Rooftop Artistry: weathervanes, copper finials, turret roof caps, cupola plans (made in Warren, RI ), www.ferroweathervanes.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferro-Weathervanes/265534533630602

A Cheerful Giver Candles (made in Vineland, NJ; employer of special needs adults) www.acheerfulgiver.com

Cape Cod Beach Chairs (Harwich, MA) www.capecodbeachchair.com

Fillmore Container: glass jars , closures and accessories (made in Lancaster, PA – great prices!!!) www.fillmorecontainer.com

Colonial Mills Braided Rugs (made in Pawtucket, RI) https://www.colonialmills.com

Metlon Yarn (made in Cranston, RI) www.metlon.com

Salmon Falls Pottery: handmade stoneware pottery, dinnerware, servingware, bakeware, decorative items, gifts and more – my absolute favorite, can’t get enough! (made in Dover, NH) www.salmonfalls.com

Riverwood Trading Co. Handmade Chferry Utensils, another all-time favorite of mine! (made in Harmony, PA) https://www.etsy.com/shop/riverwoodtrading

Farmaesthetics, 100% atural handmade herbal skincare preparations for face & body (made in Portsmouth, RI), www.farmaesthetics.com

Dovetails Cabinets & Furniture Makers, custom hardwood cabinetry and furniture (made in Foster, RI), www.dovetails.com

Can't wait to see what other products everyone shares!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Great idea - I will look!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Here's a start - a store that only carries items Made in America!
https://www.madeinamericastore.com

I'll try to find some IN a store here, too.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda. I'll have to check it out!!
Enjoy the hunt!!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  09:32:02 AM  Show Profile
Gin - those are some great sites! I am all about Maine... I would love to move their in retirement to live out my elder years! I'm just ga-ga over that Maine's Own Treats website! And WOW your baskets are awesome!!! Looking forward to exploring more sites on your list! Thank you!!!!

Hoping to get out this week to see what I can find in the stores, too, Mary! This is such a great idea! Thank YOU!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  09:44:11 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE this challenge! And I already checked out one of Nini's finds, Fillmore Containers (I have an addiction to containers, especially glass ones!) What an awesome website! They have so much information about preserving, including recipes and methods I've never tried. AND I love that they donate proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project and Four-H! So cool!
I couldn't find a testimony that everything was made in the US, though I see that they do manufacture there. But I'm bookmarking this website! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  1:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Come join us Sara!! Sounds you appreciate American quality!

Mary

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  1:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Mini. Sounds great! I have a friend from a Maine.
Hugs
Mary

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  3:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Here's a list of 10 items I found in my house.

Pappardelles Pasta Made in Denver, Colorado www.pappaardellespasta.com

Cascadian Farms Organics Sedre-Woolley, Washington www.CascadianFarm.com

Plaid Folk Art Home Décor Chalk Paint Norcross, GA www.PlaidOnline.com

Strathmore Watercolor Paper www.strathmoreartist.com
Neehah, WI

Sofsole Heavy-Duty Water Proofer Durham, CT sold at Tradehome Shoes Stores

Scotts Liquid Gold wood care Denver, CO www.scottsliquidgold.com

Tom's of Maine Toothpaste and Deodorant Kennebunk, Maine www.tomsofmaine.com

Nature's Bees Lip Balm Natural and Organic Walnut, CA www.citcousa.com

Q-Tips Cotton Swabs, Trumbell, CT www.qtips.com

Zest bath bars, Stamford, CT www.zest.com

This is a great place to find interesting products made here in the USA. Thanks for Hosting Mary.

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Mar 06 2017 3:10:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

grandolph
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

gin
franklin maine
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  3:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mary, I sell at Market Square Wholesale shows and there are still some "Made in America" products available for stores to buy. Found in the gallery and Cash and Carry. For Trades only, but a great outlet for Country and Primitive product makers.

I will think of more before the end of the month.
I have done business or worked next to several of the businesses
Ninibini mentioned. All hardworking crafts folk.

Thank you for featuring Made in USA

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  4:09:54 PM  Show Profile
Great Brenda,
Wonderful. I have or had a lot of these product in my home.

Anyone heard?? OREOS now made In Mexico! Hmm.

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  5:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Here are some things around my house....

Amy Organic Soups -- also frozen foods. Sams, grocery stores. Several factories in California, Idaho, and several more
Bushes Beans -- Danville, TN ( I love Tennessee!!)
7th Generation laundry detergent -- Vermont ( groceries, Walmart, on line)
Burts Bees products -- Durham, NC
Casita Travel Trailer -- just about 50 miles down the road in Rice, TX. ( good Christian employer). --- Oh, and I have one sitting my driveway
( Ourr 3rd!!!)
Scamp Trailer -- Backup, MN. --- Casita and Scamp builders were brothers who separated the business into 2 different Egg-Shaped travel trailers.
Airstream travel trailers are made in Ohio... no, never had one
Vermont Teddy Bears say they will always be made in America-- the more expensive ones.. tbut, they do have a " hybrid" beard who started out in China and then immigrated to the USA to be completed. My girl friend has a house filled with bears!!!
Bonner's Castile Soap... I'm I have three big bottles in the pantry.. good for everything. A little goes a looog! Way. Buy in groceries, natural food stores, etc.

Still hunting for more. Hunt with me!!

Have a lovely day,
Mary

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Made in America Treasure Hunt Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page