Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Skin out of control Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  4:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have tried organic, non organic, all natural, not natural, homemade, single ingredient, from the dollar store to the higher end stores and my skin is not liking ANYTHING! VERY frustrating. My skin, especially on my face and in my cleavage, is becoming raw and hurts. It stings when anything hits it, around my nose and cheeks, they feel like they are burning. It's the strangest thing and nothing is working. I have never had any issues my whole life. I am also taking colder showers, no more baths.

I talked with the doc. I am drinking TONS of water and I am going to try using Dove unscented exclusively for 2 weeks with macadamia oil for my face and body. She says these are what she "prescribes" for women over 40 who deal with this all the time. What the heck is going on?

Help?!?

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4718 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4718 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  4:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Have you been checked for food allergies? I have a friend who is allergic to corn. It was causing her skin to get red and scaly, especially around her eyes. A nutritionist recommended she eliminate corn (it crops in everything) and see if that helped. Sure enough, it cleared up after years of having this problem.

It might be a good idea for you to see if you have food allergies that is causing this problem. I hope you get answers quickly!

Dawn in IL

"Don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, that somehow we need to make it great again" Michelle Obama
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  5:06:42 PM  Show Profile
I was going to say food allergies as well... mine is dairy!

Coconut oil helps mine.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  6:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I will work on the allergy thing. Thank y'all!

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile
I am very allergic to macadamia nuts. That could be what is causing the burning. I go along with the food allergy idea.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  08:20:59 AM  Show Profile
I have you tried coconut oil? I use it for moisturizer and salve and well about anything, lol.
Shea Butter is also good and when I had a rash type spot on the cornet of my mouth a few years back it really helped also.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  09:20:26 AM  Show Profile
I am a huge fan of coconut oil, too.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  11:12:17 AM  Show Profile
Could it be a form of eczema? My boy has pretty bad eczema and it seemed like the more things we tried the worse it got. His doctor told us to go a couple days of using nothing, no shampoo, no soap, no lotion, etc. and see if it cleared up. We just used water and it did clear up so we found out he gets bad eczema from all products used on the body. He can only use Baby Aveno for Eczema.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  8:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut oil for the skin...except my face...it makes me break out. I have been using HONEY for the past 2 days and so far, so good. Just rub it in with some warm water and then wipe with a warm cloth. I follow up with macadamia oil. It seems to be working so far...fingers crossed!!!!

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2017 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile
I have problem skin as well. I noticed that when I stopped drinking dairy and avoided dairy products as much as I could my skin has become less rough and dry breakouts are healing.

You might want to ask your doctor about a milk sensitivity.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Skin out of control Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page