Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from NW IN Next Topic  

blessmeplz
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

MELINDA
Morocco Indiana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  06:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Send blessmeplz an AOL message
Hello! I'm Melinda! I reside in Morocco, IN. We bought our "Forever home" last year that needs LOTS of TLC. We are a family of 5, second marriage for my Husband and I. We raise chickens, ducks, bees are coming soon, we also have 2 dogs and are interested in learning more Homesteading techniques. My goal is to find something to work out of our home.

I have Lyme Disease. So that puts a damper on some of my plans because I'm tired all the time.

I enjoy blogging and host 2 blogs, one about our homestead adventures and the other is about my story of escaping Domestic Violence. We also just created a YouTube channel. That's been fun! I do have to purchase a better camera and learn how to edit.

I enjoy reading my Bible, crafting, antiques/ vintage items ( I resell at Flea markets and out of our home), gardening, reading,herbalism, reflexology, being a Doula, canning, journalling and glitter.

When I'm not saving the world I am a Breakfast Attendant at a local Hotel ( Front desk hours were too long). It's part time and the pay isn't the best but it's a job and I meet many interesting people. My Husband has been unable to find work.

Didn't mean to ramble!

Have a great day!

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  06:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda! We are so glad to have you join us here on the Farm. It sounds like you have an extremely busy life!!! What kind of crafting do you enjoy? I love that you added glitter to the list of things you enjoy. Looking forward to "seeing you" here on the Farm <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  06:56:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Melinda. A fellow Hoosier here!
However, I am on the bottom east corner of Indiana, close to French Lick.
Breakfast attendant job sounds fun! I bet you do meet a lot of interesting people.

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  07:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda, from southern Indiana! I grew up in Valparaiso and my husband grew up in Wheatfield, so I'm very familiar with where you live. After 40 some years of living in Louisiana and Texas, we moved back to Indiana a couple of years ago when we retired.
I know you will love it here at the Farm.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6746 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6746 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  07:08:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda from northeast Texas. I'll be looking for you around the Farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  09:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Virginia, Melinda. I too have chickens and cats. You will love it here.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  2:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda!! It's so nice to have you join us! You sound like a very busy woman. I bet your blogs are enjoyed by many. Your job sounds like fun. It's so cool to meet and see people from all over! I hope to get to know you better. Enjoy the Farm!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  3:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Pull up a chair and join in on the fun.... you'll be glad you did...
Welcome

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

blessmeplz
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

MELINDA
Morocco Indiana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  5:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Send blessmeplz an AOL message
My goodness! Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be here!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  12:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda to MJF from way down here in sunny Florida! I look forward to hearing about your projects at your dream Farm. It sounds like you have a busy start with your chickens, ducks , and bees. I am interested in how the bee project goes for you and what you learn.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  1:15:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome from Southern California. I look forward to hearing more about your farm and adventures.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  8:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melinda,

Nothing wrong with rambling, you have so much to tell and so much on your mind and you want to say it all
but sometime it come out out in spirts. Take it from someone with dexcila(spelling?).
Your farm sound wonderfull.
Can't wait to hear more.
I love to make jam, sew and create decoupage art and sell at bazaar.

Janice Ferguson
Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  1:59:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey there fellow Hoosier!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

blessmeplz
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

MELINDA
Morocco Indiana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  2:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Send blessmeplz an AOL message
Hi Rachel!

Janice I love decoupage! Do you have a website or blog?

Melinda
www.lordblessmeplz.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2017 :  08:01:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Melinda! Welcome to Farmgirls! I blog too, so we have something in common! I homestead and have been a victim of Domestic Violence. More in common...Please put a link to your blogs on your posts, so we can enjoy them. I hope you find only love and acceptance here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  1:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda. Enjoy your time with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  5:19:05 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME Melinda from LA!!! (Lower Alabama) I am fairly new as well and I love it here! Looking forward to hearing more about your projects! Starting my bee nuk here for my first time this year! I LOVE love my bees!!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  5:24:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Melinda!!! Welcome from LA! (lower Alabama) hehe....
Am fairly new myself here but everyone has made me feel so welcome and its as if I have belonged here since the beginning! You will make special friends as I have! Started my first NUK this year! LOVE love my bees! Looking forward to hearing more from you and enjoying swaps if you aren't too busy! Happy blessed week!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

blessmeplz
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

MELINDA
Morocco Indiana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  02:10:24 AM  Show Profile  Send blessmeplz an AOL message
Thank you Sherone! And I'm sorry to hear that! I just do YouTube and FB vlogs every so often about DV and my own escape in order to help others that may feel lost or not understood as well as the blog. I appreciate the idea! BIG HUGS!

quote:
Originally posted by sherone_13

Hi Melinda! Welcome to Farmgirls! I blog too, so we have something in common! I homestead and have been a victim of Domestic Violence. More in common...Please put a link to your blogs on your posts, so we can enjoy them. I hope you find only love and acceptance here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!

Melinda
Go to Top of Page

blessmeplz
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

MELINDA
Morocco Indiana
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  02:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Send blessmeplz an AOL message
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I do appreciate it!

Melinda
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda from way northeastern NY! Ramble on, it is always a pleasure to get to know a fellow farmgirl! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  12:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda from up on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I also have chickens and have been thinking about bees. We also have rabbits and lambs in the summer. I hope to hear more about your homesteading adventures. You'll really enjoy being part of MJF.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Melinda. I am sorry to hear you have Lyme disease. I have too since 2004. If you ever need to talk feel free to reach out to me via email. I had to go the natural route and have found several really good alternative doctor's and treatments that work for me.
I had to look up what a Doula was. That is really cool. One of my daughter's friends is a mid-wife and now has her own business. She has 4 children of her own. The last one her husband and Mother helped deliver at her home.

I work from home due to the Lyme selling on Etsy. I'm trying to make it a business but it is not easy to make money to live on from selling on Etsy. After 9 years on Etsy I've learned a lot. They change the SEO every year which makes it a challenge to sell but I finally learned how to work with them and things are doing better. Reach out to my blog if you ever want to open a shop. You'll get 40 free listings with my referral link.

You are doing fantastic with even little energy from that list of things you love to do. You sound like me. My motto is: Don't live the illness live your life.

Farmgirl sister #308
Join the Freedom Sunshine Club for 25% coupon code for my Etsy shops

http://www.marketsofsunshine.com/p/newsletter-sign-up.html
Go to Top of Page

neckday40
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Vickie
St. Amant LA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  09:02:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by blessmeplz

Hello! I'm Melinda! I reside in Morocco, IN. We bought our "Forever home" last year that needs LOTS of TLC. We are a family of 5, second marriage for my Husband and I. We raise chickens, ducks, bees are coming soon, we also have 2 dogs and are interested in learning more Homesteading techniques. My goal is to find something to work out of our home.

I have Lyme Disease. So that puts a damper on some of my plans because I'm tired all the time.

I enjoy blogging and host 2 blogs, one about our homestead adventures and the other is about my story of escaping Domestic Violence. We also just created a YouTube channel. That's been fun! I do have to purchase a better camera and learn how to edit.

I enjoy reading my Bible, crafting, antiques/ vintage items ( I resell at Flea markets and out of our home), gardening, reading,herbalism, reflexology, being a Doula, canning, journalling and glitter.

When I'm not saving the world I am a Breakfast Attendant at a local Hotel ( Front desk hours were too long). It's part time and the pay isn't the best but it's a job and I meet many interesting people. My Husband has been unable to find work.

Didn't mean to ramble!

Have a great day!

Go to Top of Page

neckday40
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Vickie
St. Amant LA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  09:04:43 AM  Show Profile
Melinda, i have a friend with Lyme disease and he did accupunture. It really helped.

Vickie 7340
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Howdy from NW IN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page