Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  5:46:42 PM  Show Profile
In January, I spoke with my doctors and received the approval to exercise at our local Health and Wellness Center associated with our hospital. I wrote about this goal on my blog here (http://gingerharman.blogspot.com/2017/01/its-2017.html) I have been battling a left bundle branch block and pulmonary issues. After several test and a couple of different inhalers, my health has stabilized. So time to up the psychical fitness. For starters, I have set the goal to visit the gym four days a week. I also did the psychical assessment and will do another one in three months. This will also be given to my internal medicine doctor. For weight loss, I have set the goal for ten pounds. It is best for me to go slow and steady so I do not get discouraged. As for eating. Let’s face it. I eat too much and eat terrible food. Nevertheless, I am making it a goal to purchase more local and organic items. Oh and eat less of it.

I am really proud of the progress that I have made in my fist month. I have lost four pounds and have tried several different classes such as Tai Chi, Water Aerobics, Interval weight training, and the machines on the main gym floor. I am a fan of the elliptical and recumbent bike. My favorite class is water aerobics but today, I decided to step it up and do Aqua Boot Camp. Oh Lordy, my arms and calves are still feeling it. This was a good lesson to not jump into the harder classes when I am not ready.

I feel very fortunate that I am able to attend the Health and Wellness Center and look forward to my next doctor’s visit with my results. Even if you set a small goal with 250 steps an hour that is a start. To be honest, I take my health even though it is not perfect for granted. Many would be more than happy to walk, swim, or ride a bike. When I get discouraged, I imagine that those who are not able to do these things sorta step into my body and go for it. I imagine their joy and happiness. This snaps me real quick out of my negative mood. I feel that sometimes, our biggest challenge is ourselves. Anyways, I am glad that I am taking the time to take care of my health and I encourage all to do the same.

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  11:16:52 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Ginger! You are most definitely off to a great start! Keep up that amazing attitude. I can't wait to hear your updated results in 3 months. You are a huge inspiration.
I will have to try water aerobics. My mom does it and loves going. It would be a fun way to get me back in shape.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ginger! SO happy to hear that you're on your way to meeting your goals! I wish you the best! I have both right and left bundle branch block, and had to have a pacer installed a couple of years ago (Has it really been that long?!). Please DO keep on top of this, and if you ever want to talk, please do email me! Otherwise, like Krista, I'm so looking forward to hearing all about your progress! You GO girl! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  3:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your comments. I know that in the future, I will need a pacemaker but at this time the doctors will monitor. I would be interested to learn about your experience. I feel so blessed that they you caught this early. Water aerobics is fun. I even tried Water Tai Chi. I hope both you ladies have a wonderful evening.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  11:12:45 AM  Show Profile
As of Monday I finished my Let's Get Physical Beginner Level Badge! I just need to apply for the badge now.

I decided that I wasn't happy with my extra baby weight and wanted to get back to were I was. Having two babies back to back wasn't the best on my body, but I am remaining positive and staying on track. I decided to set a goal of doing exercises at home 5 days a week as well as track my steps everyday. I also decided to join Weight Watcher. For the whole month I completed my exercise, tracked my steps, and actively participated in Weight Watchers. As of today I have lost some inches around my body and I have lost 7.2 pounds! I have also seen an increase in the amount of steps I take. It's amazing how much healthier and happier I feel just within a month. I will also be continuing my adventure for another month. Working towards the Intermediate Badge as well as an even healthier and happy me!

Ginger, how are you doing? Any updates?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2017 :  3:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Proud of you Ginger, your doctor will be also.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  01:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all for checking in with me. I am down 16 pounds and continue to visit the gym. Ninibini, you got this! I am always so happy to read the Farmgirl achievements and what they learn. I find it a great inspiration and push for myself. Krista, you are such a great support to so many! Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  11:45:09 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Ginger! That is awesome. Keep up the great work.
Thank you for the kind words. Means a lot to me!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic “Let’s Get Physical” Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page