Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 adopting an angora bunny
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic adopting an angora bunny Next Topic  

chickensforme
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Anne
Coopersburg Pa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2017 :  4:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello, I am thinking about adopting an angora bunny and I thought I could adopt 2. I wanted older bunnies spayed and litter trained. I just don't want to have to litter train and spay or neuter. Well one women from a rescue strongly advised me only to adopt one at a time. When the first bunny gets used to me and my family. Then maybe I could bring in another but I may have a problem with them fighting and may have to separate them into two hutches.

Anybody have an comments on this.

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  5:55:20 PM  Show Profile
I think it's best to adopt one first, then introduce another. rabbits can be strange in their habits. Also, they might not share a litter box. I hope it works out, and be sure to groom them regularly and have cat laxative on hand, cause ALL rabbits sometimes get hairballs, and they can't cough them up due to their physical structure.I miss having a bunny, but I became allergic to them during the years I had one. Didn't realize the bunny was causing my sneezing till I found a new home for her...then my allergies went away. Now I have become allergic to pollen and mold, so there is no getting away from it. But I still love bunnies, just can't pet them.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  6:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Annie,,, I use to have a French Angora rabbit... but he didn't knew he was a rabbit,,, thought he was a puppy... lol!
He loved to be carried around cradled in my arms,,, loved pettings and he was litter box trained,,,, I also shaved him in the summer time so I didn't have to fuss with matting... which happens quit fast with Angoras if you don't groom them daily.
His name was "Poopsalot"... don't ask! lol!
Unfortunately he developed a type of cancer and sadly when he got really weak we had to make the dreaded journey to the Vets :>(

We also had an American Standard named Muppers.. she was sweet but not as lovable as Poopsalot.
She was a lot easier to maintain. But sadly she developed a respiratory problem and her lungs gave out and once again we had to make the dreaded trip to the Vets.

Our last bunny was a Netherland Dwarf,,, named 'Demon Bunny' because she had a surly temperament and would nipp you when she was cranky...
When she was about 4years old, she started having seizures and one morning we found her in her cage, having passed away through the night.

All of our bunnies were house bunnies,, they slept in their cage and had run of the family room when we were in there with them,,, but keep in mind,, they will chew, especially electrical cords, so we had to keep them out of their reach!

I do love rabbits,,, but my life is at a point where we are trying to not have as many 'fur kids' as we would like to do some traveling etc.

Oh and btw,, I have a friend who dresses her bunny, Harriet, up in those little doggie outfits! lol!

Anna,,, imprint w/ur rabbit,,, lots of holding and before you know it,,, you too will be dressing your bunny in little doggie outfits!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 11 2017 6:54:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic adopting an angora bunny Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page