Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 First time Homeschooling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic First time Homeschooling Next Topic  

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  06:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone out there to give me and my hubby some support on this subject. We started the first of the this school year. So we are still very green. We pray a lot for help. It's getting better. We're getting ahold of it so far. Now it's 2nd semester. Our son is in 10th grade. He's got some challenges such as learning disabilities. Like I said it's a challenge for all of us.

Thank you for listening to me complain.

SavyCarmie

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2017 :  08:44:41 AM  Show Profile
There are quite a few of us that homeschool... There is even a forum topic of what you did in your homeschool today... Look under maybe the parenting one?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2017 :  07:15:20 AM  Show Profile
We homeschooled our 3 children. We should have started sooner is our only regret but the oldest was going into 9th, the second into 7th and the youngest into second. It is a major change for them.
My oldest daughter homeschools her 3 now. They started from the beginning. I would definitely recommend this thread Shannon mentioned. Lots of families here homeschool and can give great advice and help.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  7:34:47 PM  Show Profile
Carmen, I'm so so glad you posted this! We homeschool our 2 youngest boys - ages 6 and 16. Our two oldest have graduated - ages 21 and 24. Three of the four have special needs/learning disabilities - dyslexia, severe ADHD, sensory integration disorder and autism.

I recently started the thread 'what did you do in your homeschool today?' Its a great place to share our joys and sorrows related to our homeschooling experiences. Please feel free to check it out and 'complain' all you want to! I just did the other day :-).

I would also be glad to email directly with you to talk about any more specific questions you have. You can reach me at Heirloomconsulting@yahoo.com.

Blessings to you on this journey.

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

savycarmen
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Carmen
salkum Washington
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2017 :  07:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so your much for responding to me. Your right sometimes I do need to complain. It 's so hard to get my son to keep focused. This morning he just came back from his dad's from the weekend. And it seems he's in a la la stage. Can't keep focused on fixing himself breakfast. He need to start homeschool classes this morning. So it's going to take a few days to get him back on track. And with lot's of pray.

Thank you again for your support.

SavyCarmie
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic First time Homeschooling Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page