Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Favorite Valentine's Crafts & Treats For Kids?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Favorite Valentine's Crafts & Treats For Kids? Next Topic  

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  8:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

I'm planning a little get-together with some of the younger kids in our life for Valentine's Day, and I would love some new ideas for Valentine's Day crafts and/or treats to make and enjoy with them. I have lots of miscellaneous craft items and embellishments which they can use to make Valentines for their parents and/or siblings, and I have some cookie decorating supplies on hand; but I would also like something else fun to do, and I'd like to stay away from a lot of sugary snacks while keeping with the Valentine's Day theme. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  10:50:56 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if it will work for you or not, but when I was younger I always loved making a valentine's box for the valentine's exchange at school. My niece is 7 (soon to be 8) and I bet she would love to decorate a box for her "treasures".

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  12:03:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini! My daughter, 12, and her friends are in LOVE with 'home-made' slime!!! ( made from ingredients around the home) She wants to make a batch to give to her friends and I thought we would put some in these red plastic hearts you get from HL. Then I cut out 'tags' for her to decorate for each kid in her class! She is all over it!!! ;) AND, you save a few teeth in the process! lol

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Of course this would have to be 'age appropriate'!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2017 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile
I have the same idea as Heather. They can make Valentine boxes to hold all their goodies from others. You guys could make little heart pizzas and find a small heart cookie cutter and cut hearts out of strawberries or watermelon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2017 :  4:50:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, girls! These are some GREAT ideas! Awesome! I knew you would all have some cool things to share! You're the best! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Favorite Valentine's Crafts & Treats For Kids? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page