LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:49:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Debbie mama to 6 daughters and grandma to one adorable grandson..I live in the mountains on 200 acres..I have around 30 chickens and looking to hatch more. Our 4th daughter is graduating high school in June and I homeschool the 2 youngest.Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:57:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Debbie and welcome to MJF! I look forward to hearing more about your farmgirl adventures. How is the weather in Oregon?

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jana, It's cold (46) and the sun is playing peek a boo.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:36:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie nice to meet you. Wow 200 acres in Oregan. That would a heavenly mansion for me. What interested and hobbies do you have. I like hiking, kayaking, reading, crocheting/knitting/sewing Recently I learned tatting. And I love reading posts on this site.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:42:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Debbie! Welcome to MJF! Tell us more! We're having a foggy, dreary weekend here in N Iowa! Just waiting for a new g-grand baby boy at our house!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  1:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tumbleweed, I love living here. Sadly we don't own, we rent, but it is our dream. The hubby is secretly hoping eventually our landlord will want to sell, we shall see. Up side is we can have cows,goats,horses etc. There was 12 horses on the property when we moved in, now there is 9. I also enjoy reading,crocheting,plastic canvas,gardening. I would love to learn how to quilt,knit and tat. I have supplies to make candles and soaps but haven't taken the plunge yet. Besdies my chickens we have 5 dogs,6 cats and a bird. but once my girls collect their animals I will have 1 dog and 1 cat.

quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed

Hi Debbie nice to meet you. Wow 200 acres in Oregan. That would a heavenly mansion for me. What interested and hobbies do you have. I like hiking, kayaking, reading, crocheting/knitting/sewing Recently I learned tatting. And I love reading posts on this site.

TW

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  1:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Forgetmenot, that sounds so exciting. My oldest daughter lives in Idaho, but we facetime almost daily. My grandson is 7 months old and he's starting to crawl. I told my daughter she'll never get rest again. William(grandson) knows me as Grandma Chick Chick. I never thought about my husband being Grandpa Chick Chick.

quote:
Originally posted by forgetmenot

Hi, Debbie! Welcome to MJF! Tell us more! We're having a foggy, dreary weekend here in N Iowa! Just waiting for a new g-grand baby boy at our house!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - LilDebbie on Jan 22 2017 1:21:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Debbie. You will love it here. I also have chickens.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  3:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie again.
I have made soap and candles in the past. Loved doing that too. Haven't done any for a while. I think I need to make a list of crafts to do or take up again when I retire next year. Right now I have to be selective with time and money.

I will keep my hands folded my knees bent and my fingers crossed that your wish comes true.

TW

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  4:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to MJF farm from way down here in north central Florida!!! I am so glad you are here and look forward to hearing about your interests and projects from out your way in Oregon.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  5:05:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Firecatinc, what kind of chickens do you have? I have Barred Rocks,Easter Eggers,White Leghorns,Black Sexlink,bluish bantams and a Silkie. And some baby's from the Easter Egger and my rooster Rogue..Not sure what type Rogue is but he is really pretty. His previous owner passed away and so my husband brought him home. I'm hoping to get some Jersey Giants,Lavender Orpingtons and my daughter wants me to hatch out some Silver Laced Wyandottes and take the hens to her in Idaho..lol..Since she can't have roosters..Right now she has 6 Rhode Island Reds. I just LOVE my chickens.

quote:
Originally posted by firecatinc

Welcome Debbie. You will love it here. I also have chickens.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  5:10:46 PM  Show Profile
I understand with the selective on the money.I'm a stay at home mama. Money isn't getting too bad anymore since 3 of the girls are adults and moved out, soon to be 4. But daughter #3 is in college and I so far have a 20,000.00 loan. She's been good at making the payments (92.00 per month) But we still have quite a few years of college to go for her..She's studying law.

quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed

Hi Debbie again.
I have made soap and candles in the past. Loved doing that too. Haven't done any for a while. I think I need to make a list of crafts to do or take up again when I retire next year. Right now I have to be selective with time and money.

I will keep my hands folded my knees bent and my fingers crossed that your wish comes true.

TW

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  5:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Red Tractor Girl, I've never been to Florida. My mom used to go to the Keys with her boyfriend years ago. I would go live with my dad on those outings. The pictures she'd send looked like fun. Thank you for the warm welcome and I am also glad I stumbled upon this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Red Tractor Girl

Welcome to MJF farm from way down here in north central Florida!!! I am so glad you are here and look forward to hearing about your interests and projects from out your way in Oregon.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  5:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Deb,,, Welcome Welcome and Welcome....
You will luv clucking with us hens...lol!,,, sorry, I just couldn't resist... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Joanna
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Ontario
Canada
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  6:13:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm!

Joanna - Sister #5965
https://creativeideasbook.wordpress.com/
https://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  6:17:35 PM  Show Profile
Lol.Thank you Katmom.Cluck,cluc,cluck..Looking forward to clucking with you all.

quote:
Originally posted by katmom

Hey Deb,,, Welcome Welcome and Welcome....
You will luv clucking with us hens...lol!,,, sorry, I just couldn't resist... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  6:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcome Joanna. Hope your having a wonderful evening. I'm sitting in front of my woodstove on my laptop, while hubby and the girls are watching tv.

quote:
Originally posted by Joanna

Welcome to the farm!

Joanna - Sister #5965
https://creativeideasbook.wordpress.com/
https://roomsandwindows.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  03:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie!
Welcome from the southern portion of NJ. Sounds like a wonderful place you have there. I hope it will be yours one day.
We have a farmette here, as we call it. We have chickens, only about 7 now. Trouble with fox here. Will probably get more babies in the Spring, Right now we have Black Sex Link, such good layers. I would like to get some RI reds.
We homeschooled our 3 children who are grown with children of their own. My oldest homeschools her 3 now. She is here on the forum too. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have over the years. It's a wonderful group with wonderful women!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 23 2017 03:47:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  07:57:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise, We have oppossums that try to get to the ladies and gentlemen..So as soon as it's a little darker than dusk, we go out and close the coop..Our duck Kahlua is at the front waiting for us..She sees us and starts chattering and wagging her tail, we say Night Night Babies and she waddles to her corner..lol..Last year my duck hatched out more chicks than my chickens did. Lost a bunch cause she tried to teach them to swim. So this year I'm debating if I want to buy duck hatching eggs for her. Not sure I want that many ducks.I never had a duck before and while I love her, just not sure..Bree (my oldest) she's been talking about wanting to homeschool William, I'm like sounds great. While the local grandma is telling her no, he needs to go to school..But my son in law seems to be on board with homeschooling. I tell her he's 7 months you have time.I agree on the Black Sexlink being good layers,they have been laying and so have my White Leghorns most of the winter without supplemental light..I give my ladies the winter off.

quote:
Originally posted by levisgrammy

Hi Debbie!
Welcome from the southern portion of NJ. Sounds like a wonderful place you have there. I hope it will be yours one day.
We have a farmette here, as we call it. We have chickens, only about 7 now. Trouble with fox here. Will probably get more babies in the Spring, Right now we have Black Sex Link, such good layers. I would like to get some RI reds.
We homeschooled our 3 children who are grown with children of their own. My oldest homeschools her 3 now. She is here on the forum too. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have over the years. It's a wonderful group with wonderful women!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  1:08:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Debbie!

Your life sounds amazing! I am looking forward to getting to know you better here. You will love the forum!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  1:19:25 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Farm Debbie! I'm so glad you decided to join us! Your home sounds amazing and busy with girls! My oldest is 13 months and I remember when he started crawling...your right! You never rest again. I will be looking for you around the forum. Can't want to get to know you better.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  8:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole, Thank you for the welcome. Life does have it's moments. My husband and I have always wanted to live in the mountains and feel we're very fortunate to be where we are. Only wish would be we wish we could of raised all 6 here, but the last 4,now 3 soon to be 2 left at home have had this opportunity. And my soon to be 18 year old doesn't really appreciate it. She's anxious to get on with life and she wants to move to the BIG CITY..But she does have a gypsy soul, so will be interesting to see how her life turns out. I am a ex city girl through and through. A sweet country boy stole my heart and moved me from Arizona to Oregon where he grew up. Now I can't wait to get back into my garden. I have never been to Connecticut. One day I hope we can travel. I'm actually trying to talk my husband into being a truck driver. It's been his dream job (he loves driving and traveling) But he's not going for it right now. One day hopefully he will. He's been in construction since he was 16 (now 43) and the job is bringing new aches and pains he's never had before. So I figure a job change may be good, plus it's something he's wanted to do for years but timing hasn't been right. Again, maybe he'll change his mind. Cause if he does long haul I can craft into the night..lol..Motives. Hope your having a great evening.

quote:
Originally posted by texdane

Welcome Debbie!

Your life sounds amazing! I am looking forward to getting to know you better here. You will love the forum!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2017 :  8:50:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the Welcome Krista, Yes very busy with girls. But it's fun. You'd think my house would be spotless, ha..Working on the clutter now. They do lots of singing. One of my cherished memories is when they were all home for Thanksgiving and they all sang for us. Was beautiful. I can't wait til they are all home again..And my Andie (17year old) is in the throws of basketball season. As a matter of fact tomorrow I will be on the bleachers a little after 3 and not get out of there til almost 9pm. My tush is like I hate you the day after. Andie is on Jv and Varsity.Hope your having a great evening.

quote:
Originally posted by MaryJanesNiece

Welcome to the Farm Debbie! I'm so glad you decided to join us! Your home sounds amazing and busy with girls! My oldest is 13 months and I remember when he started crawling...your right! You never rest again. I will be looking for you around the forum. Can't want to get to know you better.

Krista

Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  6:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Debbie. I'm also in Oregon and have six kids, but mine are four girls and two boys, Plus, two grand daughters and two (as soon as the second arrives any time now) grandsons. This place is pretty amazing. :)

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  7:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from Pennsylvania! Glad you joined us. Look around and stop in where you are comfortable. We are a diverse group that love, support, comfort and become loyal to each other. You can say anything here and be sure that someone else has been there and done that! Sisterly love abounds!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2017 :  8:51:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Audra, I love Oregon. Being born and raised in Arizona when my hubby brought me home I hated it. Then we discovered gardening and flowers and I'm hooked. Been trying to get my home in some sort of order so I can do chores easily in the morning and then craft in the afternoon/evenings. It's getting there, but not as fast as I'd like.Hope your evening is going great. I just got back from my daughter's basketball games. Jv and Varsity girls won..WOO HOO, but Jv boys lost and when we left (a bit early) it looked like the varsity boys were gonna win as well. I'm just glad to be home.

quote:
Originally posted by sassystyle

Welcome, Debbie. I'm also in Oregon and have six kids, but mine are four girls and two boys, Plus, two grand daughters and two (as soon as the second arrives any time now) grandsons. This place is pretty amazing. :)

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello all.. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page