Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  08:19:20 AM  Show Profile
So I have been on a journey this past year and I think I am finally coming out whole again. January last year I started to have real issues with my back and just plowed thru til April when I couldn't anymore. Turns out I have Severe Degenerative Disc, Bone and Joint disease and my bottom four discs in my back and the top two in my neck are pretty much not there. Not life threatening but life altering. Lots of pain. So first I felt sorry for myself then got mad then depressed and then got my act together. November I started doing research as to what I could do as doctors said there was nothing could be done. So long story short I made a exercise program and eating healthy program to benefit muscles and bones and doing a lot better mind and body wise. I am still in daily pain and am unable to take meds which I think is a good thing so use meditation as a way to deal with pain. I am 53 this year and doctor says in 10 years I will be in a wheelchair. I intend to prove him wrong.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  08:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Ingrid - I'm so sorry you are in such severe pain, but love how you are taking control over your health and well being! My hubby injured his back quite a few years ago, had to have part of his vertebrae and the disc removed, has arthritis and severe degenerative disc as well. He was on narcotics and opioids everyday to deal with the pain, and even those were not enough. Last year he had a spinal cord stimulator implanted. This has been a HUGE blessing in that it blocks the constant pain. While his back still bothers him when severe storms are in the area (be it hurricanes when we were on the east coast or blizzards here), he is able to function normally now... Would this be a possible benefit for you? I've also had friends who have had stem cells put in the areas and that has helped...

Praying for your comfort and I truly find you inspirational <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  08:55:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure I hadn't heard about anything like that. Thank you for the information and I will do my research and find out.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  1:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Ingrid, I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Prayers to you for new ideas and ways to improve your mobility and pain.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  3:32:11 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with the changes you are making. Don't give up on a medical way to help with your pain. Stay on the internet looking for new treatments and n your doctors for options. Praying for you.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2017 :  06:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Try one of the pain essential oils. It seems to have a numbing effect on my back. It helps some. I am starting to have some issues to and I don't like the constant nagging pain either. I use Panaway from Young Living. I don't sell them, but I like their products.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic My Journey Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page