Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic
Page: of 26

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  02:55:07 AM  Show Profile
I did sit down last night and finally got the pattern figured out and it is going along smoothly. It is one of those duh moments. Now to keep working on it. I only have a little time each evening. I work on projects till i almost fall asleep, so i don't get alot done. good luck to all, and to the new baby and parents.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  06:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Michele - Congratulations! I have those moments also. I believe we all do. The great result of something like this is that we learn so much from it.

I have about two hours most nights, not all, to work on my projects. I don't always pick up a UFO. I do work on something whenever I watch TV unless it is a foreign show that has subtitles.

How is everyone else fitting UFO finishing into their busy schedules?

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  07:49:09 AM  Show Profile
My children have quiet time in the afternoon. I usually spend that time helping the oldest finish part of her school or discussing whatever is on her heart... During that time I try to catch up on "my stuff" be it crafting, writing a letter, updating the penpal list, etc.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  07:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
As for working UFOs into my schedule, I'm going to take some knitting and crochet projects with me in the motorhome when we leave next Monday or Tuesday. I'd take my sewing machine, but have to figure out how to strap it down so it doesn't move when bouncing along. LOL! I have a shawl that has been half done for about 7 years and a scarf I started in November, and a cowl I want to make using up leftover yarns. I figure that way I can do them while driving along the road. My boyfriend may like that, too, because he says he doesn't need "lane assist" options in his vehicles. He has that sitting in the passenger seat. LOL! Maybe knitting will quiet me down? Fat chance, eh?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  4:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I wish I had a few more hours in the day to dedicate to my UFOs but I tend to try and squeeze them in during nap time when I luck out and have both boys asleep at the same time. Once my little guy is sleeping better during the nights then I will put him to bed and stay up and work on them. I feel like I do some of my best UFO work at night!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  09:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I received a folded paper star from you today!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! You know you are my inspiration when it comes to those! I hangs alongside Marilyn's New Year card on my sewing wall!

I try to work on UFO's anytime of day I can! Any day I can. Tasks (family obligations) often get reordered! Due to fibro and chronic fatigue I sometimes have to crash immediately and that can take up precious hours. My kids/g kids seem to be crisis magnets and are most comfortable in crisis mode. I find it difficult to live that way. So my relaxing time is UFOs and sewing/crafting when I can.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jan 19 2017 09:12:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  07:42:17 AM  Show Profile
I agree, Judith...stitching and working on projects is my favorite way to relax, too. I used to work with an older lady who told me that her Dr. "prescribed" for her to get up early before the rest of her family and knit. She was going through some stressful things and her blood pressure was going up. Wouldn't you know, a few weeks of knitting and things were back to normal!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  07:55:40 AM  Show Profile
We have a whole weekend to get UFOs finished!!!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile
That sounds fun!!!! I think I will join you!
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  12:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Finished a ufo that I did not list. I only listed 3 items when I checked into this topic. You knew that could not be true. Haha this is my jewelry tree. My grandma had collected these jewels.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  12:43:32 PM  Show Profile
beautiful tree!...Lucky girl to have her jewels!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  1:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  3:28:51 PM  Show Profile
Michele, congratulations on finishing your first UFO this year. You have an emoticon.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  8:34:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow Michele! Your tree came out beautifully. What a wonderful way to remember your grandmother.

Dawn in IL

"Don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, that somehow we need to make it great again" Michelle Obama
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  8:43:24 PM  Show Profile
I hope it is not too late to join in. I did recently earn the beginner's UFO badge by finishing up a cardigan. I too need to clean up my craft room. That should probably be my first project. I also have another cardigan that just needs it's buttons sewn on, a baby blanket to block and weave in the ends, another baby blanket that's started, a rug hooking started, a cross stitch that needs framing and I'm sure many other things once I start digging into my craft room. I'd really like to get some of the almost finished items done and out of the way before I start anything new. And I have lots of ideas for new projects.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  9:48:08 PM  Show Profile
Jill, welcome to the UFO Finishers Club. When you read through the thread, you will see that many kinds of UFOs are considered eligible. Basically, any project of any kind which have been wanting or needing to do for sometime, is a perfectly good UFO. Have fun and enjoy the support offered here.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  10:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Jill...I am swooning over your jeweled tree!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  03:36:16 AM  Show Profile
thanks everyone, I do remember grandma wearing some of the jewelry. Some she picked up at garage sales. She has wanted to make a jewelry tree, but the kind you hang on the wall in a picture frame. I saw this style on pinterest and thought i really like those. Thanks Marie for the emoticon, lol. One down a few more to earn!!

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  09:41:35 AM  Show Profile
I finished something this morning. It's not much but it's a ruffle scarf that I started last fall to give to a coworkers granddaughter who lost everything in a fire. It is finished-gotta start (or finish) somewhere!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871

http://real1remakes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, I know it will really feel good to get some of these things finished.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:32:09 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Sylvia! Yes, we all have to start somewhere. What I nice thing to do replacing something that someone has lost something. I have a few projects like that I need to make.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  10:32:47 AM  Show Profile
Finally made soap. Have had the stuff for over a year.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:03:59 AM  Show Profile
YAY Ruthie! I have projects like that too. I may get to them someday.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Ruthie! Would love to see your soap!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LilDebbie
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Debbie
Days Creek Oregon
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2017 :  2:40:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness, look at all the gorgeous craft supplies. Is it bad your pictures made my heart pitter pat?. lol

quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

So my first project this year, as I said before was to get all my fabric and crafting stuff organized. It is done! Here are the pictures...

The fabric is folded over cardstock like boards. In the second picture, the three large plastic containers have felt, cross stitch and embroidery, and plastic canvas. The wooden file cabinet is patterns. The third picture is yarn... including in the wicker hamper!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic * Finish Those UFOs in 2017 * 134 UFOs finished Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page