True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Ashley
Texas
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2016 :  12:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!

So, I received a 6-pod MiracleGrow Aerogarden for Christmas and just set it up last night (super easy to do, btw).

The kit came with an assortment of herbs (which is nice, since those herbs will not grow outside this time of year), but after I'm finished with these harvests, I'll be looking to try fruits and veggies like lettuce and tomatoes.

According to many a Youtube-er, lettuce (any varitey) grows well and havests well as "baby greens" in indoor gardens, but I'm skeptical about the tomatoes.

Most of the info available online emphasizes proper pruning to get a good harvest, but frankly, I've just recently gotten good at growing tomatoes well OUTDOORS with unlimited space, so the thought of growing them to harvestable size indoors is intimidating.

I know I'll need to use a cherry/grape variety, but I am wondering if anyone has had success with a specific variety indoors? I absolutely LOVE "Blush" tomatoes (size between a roma and a grape and the color is yellow with pink stripes). Has anyone grown these indoors?

I prefer the variety to be an heirloom seed, but if you've had fantastic results with a hybrid, no biggie, I'd still like to try it.

Thank you in advance!

“If more of us valued good food and cheer above hoards of gold, it would be a merrier world." - Tolkien

montaguemilkpearlsbreastmilkjewelry.com
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Aerogarden/Indoor Tomatoes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page