Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  05:18:51 AM  Show Profile
This past week, I happened to be in Starbuck's and noticed a Christmas tree in the back with tags on it. When I looked closer, they were tags for children that the Salvation Army was sponsoring for Christmas. I grabbed one and it was for a 5 year old little boy. His wish list included a bicycle and his need list included a winter coat and clothes. It has been over 30 years since my youngest was getting her first bicycle under the tree. She was so excited on Christmas morning and that memory made me want to make the same happen for this little boy. So out I went yesterday looking for little bicycles and finally found this one on sale at Toys R Us. I was even able to have a little 5 year old girl try it out in the store to see how it fit and worked. Perfect!!

On the way home, I stopped at the hardware store and purchased a wrench that fits the bolts so the parent can remove the training wheels and raise the seat and or handlebars if needed. Plus, I still had some in store cash at Kohl's so I stopped by and got a winter coat and socks from the need list on sale as well. I was so thrilled how it all worked out.

Here is the cutest little blue bicycle back at Starbucks waiting to be picked up by the Salvation Army . This Santa was so excited to be able to find this bike and I hope my little guy has a very Merry Christmas!!

Do you have a special Santa mission this year? If so, please share it here!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Winnie - How awesome! You were on a ROLL! :) I'm just tearing up thinking about how happy that little guy is going to be!!! Bliss!

I have a few different "Santa" missions cooking right now:

Santa on the East Race is a local charity for kids in area homeless shelters. Local businesses get a tree with tags on them with the child's name, age and their "wish" so very similar to Salvation Army tree.

I picked one for a 2 yr old little boy that wanted anything Mickey Mouse. Found a really cute Mickey Mouse Club House camper play set for that age range at Toys R Us. Then I ordered a classic plush Mickey from Amazon as well. Not sure if he would already have a Mickey plush but I'm taking the chance! Gifts are wrapped I just need to turn them in.

Another thing going on is a family we adopted - also through my work - from a local cancer center. I'm coordinating the efforts of my co-workers to sign up for certain things for them and I'm collecting $ from those that want to donate that way.

Then I'll go shopping to get whatever is left on the list of things for them. And I'll wrap everything people turn in unwrapped as well.

Finally, a co-worker recently made me aware of a situation that one of our new associates is in when it comes to her four young grandkids. She has custody of them as mom is in drug rehab and dad is in jail :( Lots of legal fees constantly happening as courts keep trying to give kids back to the parents. I guess finances are pretty tight.

So a small group of co-workers are discreetly working to pull together gifts for the kids. We got ideas, sizes, etc. from grandma and now it's just a matter of pulling it all together.

I got a new wave of Discover reward points that I'm itching to use. Gotta love Amazon Prime right?

I just want to buy something for every kid on the planet right now!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  10:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Jaime, I am delighted to hear all about your Secret Santa missions!! All of those collaborative efforts are going to make a huge difference in the lives of many children this year. You GO GIRL!!! Thank-you for sharing all of your projects. Farmgirls have BIG HEARTS!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  12:35:43 PM  Show Profile
I love what you guys are doing!!! How incredibly special!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Dec 07 2016 7:39:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Winnie that is like the nicest thing I have heard in a long time. WOW! That is really nice.
Nancy Jo

https://myrockingchairandme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful projects girls! THANK YOU for what you're doing!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2016 :  4:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful, good hearted sisters. There is so much need around us. I make pillows and blankets for the children who are getting chemo at the same hospital where I had my chemo. I do it for the adults also. I do it all year long. I also give our Vet pillows and blankets to give to people that are putting their precious pets to sleep and I sign them in memory of my fur Angels.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  06:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Those are both GREAT chances to give, Darlene! I love it! Kids and animals - it doesn't get more real than that!!!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  8:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Taking some pillows and scarves I made to the chemo center tomorrow when I go for my doctor appointment.

Jaime, how right you are! They tell me the kids hold on to the pillows when they go for tests. I started to put a little loop on so they can hold on to it if they can't hold it close during a procedure.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2016 :  11:11:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh Darlene, picturing that just got me tearing up again! Great idea on the loop!!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2016 :  8:40:16 PM  Show Profile
I love that there is still Love and Sharing and Caring,,, in these days where so many are so indifferent...
Hugging you all for your generous and loving hearts.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  05:45:46 AM  Show Profile
Our Gold Wing motorcycle group has been collecting gifts for needy children for several years, and delivering them on a motorcycle trailer with a sleigh cover. We decorate our motorcycles, and one of our members is dressed as Santa. For the past 3 years, we've been going to a school in Delray Beach that has lots of poor families, and the children may not have even heard of Santa Claus. The first year, our Santa was mobbed as if he were a rock star! This year, we had a big group, but still had many gifts left over, which we donated to the police department. Many children were dressed up and looked so cute, and all of them got 2 gifts.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  11:35:03 AM  Show Profile
Today our family was blessed with a box that included sausage and cheese... and I have NO IDEA who to thank! There were no names, no cards, no hints. Please please please - if it is from someone on here - please let me know who it is so I can thank you!!! You have no idea how much you have blessed our family!!! Someone was indeed our Secret Santa. My children, in their excitement exclaimed "Mom - we can have lunch!" Thank you!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  4:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, Winnie! I just love giving at holidays and doing random acts of kindness through out the year! My boys and I usually gift a few toys at Christmas each year as well. This year we left our gifts at our local fire station who was supporting toys for tots and our marine families. Always love involving my boys - makes them feel good to give and think of others. Also, helps remind us how fortunate we are and how much the little things truly mean. Love to all!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Being a surprise Santa Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page