Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for our family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for our family Next Topic
Page: of 2

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  06:20:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Many of you know that our family has finally moved west, after hubby retired from the military. It is a dream come true, but has started pretty rough. Our belongings were suppose to be here on the 8th of November.... then the 21st of November... now they are saying the 10th of December. We ended up having our closing costs wired to the wrong account... fraudulently, and the banks are saying we are out of that money - that they will not compensate(do NOT wire your closing funds unless you CALL and double check the directions! Apparently this scam has been going on for over 1.5 years! They hack into realtors' accounts and just wait!!!). Then after we moved in, we quickly learned the hot water heater didn't work and had to be replaced... the fridge wasn't cleaned before the electric was turned off TWO YEARS ago.... the dishwasher leaked everywhere (hubby replaced the seals for that, so it works now), the dryer takes two hours to dry (it's not the heating element, as it gets hot, and the hoses are clear of line... not sure what is up with it)...the garbage disposal apparently was completely rusted and had to be replaced after water flooded the cabinet and started dripping into the basement... and the night before Thanksgiving the sewer backed into the basement (we had it pumped Thanksgiving morning - it was overflowingly full, with baby wipes!?!? I guess the old owners didn't know that you can't flush those!?!?) And now we are sick.... especially Aly and Emi, the three and one year old.

Please pray for us... that our stuff gets here... that we get over these viruses that seemingly want to get us down.... that nothing else breaks as our funds are bone dry with the extra $5000 we had to spend, repaying our closing fees... that we trust God's sovereignty through all of this... for a peaceful heart and mind.

Thank you all!!!! <3 God will see us through this!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  06:34:09 AM  Show Profile
Shannon I'm believing in faith with you for things to turn around for you and your family. That health will be restored to your family and all your needs are met. Jesus said he will not leave or forsake us.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  11:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for you Shannon, and that all things will clear up and someone will come along to help you through this that is honest and God loving.

Blessing

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  4:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Shannon I do hope things turn around soon for you and your family.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  5:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, prayers to you and your family.

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  5:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon! You dear, sweet heart! I am praying, and will continue to pray! I am just so sorry this has all happened to you!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  5:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Prayers for all of you Shannon. Can't even imagine all you are dealing with.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, keeping you and your family in my heart and thoughts.
Sending lots of Hugs and Love from Colorado!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  8:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers! This has been an extremely humbling experience!!! Our sewer backed up again this morning. Apparently the leach field (where the septic drains basically) is over saturated... and the old owner actually had issues as well according to the neighbors (boy would that have been nice to know!!!). Anyways, we have finally hit the point where we have started asking for help. The church we started attending has a food pantry, so we have asked about the possibility of help from them. We also got some help from the neighbors with solutions to "nurse" the septic tank a little longer, because we cannot afford to replace the leach field right now! I keep telling myself that God is in control... but I need to put a lot of prayer into making sure those are not just words. Your prayers are truly appreciated <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2016 :  9:13:03 PM  Show Profile
My dear Shannon, I definitely will keep you all in my prayers and hope that things will turn around and just know God is there with you It is nice that the church people are going to help you all and take care.

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, When we moved in we were told that there was a possible problem with our septic system. I had the septic tank pumped and when the guy was out doing that he found that the filter was missing. Replaced that and now everything is fine. Maybe that is all that is needed. It only cost me around $200 to have it pumped and the filter replaced.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
FGOTM December 2016

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Dec 05 2016 08:02:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  11:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Oh Honey. I am so sorry. Praying, as always.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  1:17:57 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - You have been on my mind so much lately, and I have been praying. I am wondering... Is there any type of Home Warranty on your new home, where some of these incredibly expensive problems would be covered? And there just has to be something about non-disclosure of the leach field or the clogged sewer line... What about the inspector? How could he/she pass that kind of thing? This is just unreal. I hate that this is happening to you, and am absolutely sick over someone getting away with scamming you they way they did. I can only imagine how busy and stressed out you have been, set aside the fact that everyone has been ill, but I am wondering if you were able to contact the local police to provide them with all the information concerning the scam, and file a report? I just can't get over the fact that no one seems to be helping you! Maybe you could try to get free legal counsel to help you with all of this... I know here there is a number we can call (used to be in the Blue Pages of the phone book) for legal aide. Maybe there is something similar out where you live? I wish I could do something! It is just not right that anyone get away with this! I am so, so sorry! I'm still praying! Stay strong! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Dec 05 2016 1:22:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  7:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, I can't believe what a rough start to a new home and I am praying that the worst is behind you! Take care of your babies and let the rest of the problems work themselves out one problem at a time. Hopefully this will be something to laugh about for years to come!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2016 :  7:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! May I just say that we serve an incredibly awesome God! I don't know why we are being taken through this fire, but I do not that He will get us through!!!

Becky - It is interesting you brought up the filter, as my cousin, who is a plumber down in FL asked if there was one. My hubby, who did plumbing work before going into the military, says the issue is indeed the leach field. It looks as if the previous owner had put a piece of wood and siding over where the drain starts into the leach field to cover up some issues :( Hubby says eventually the leach field will have to be redug and redone... We pumped the sewer of what we could and have hooked up a PVC pipe to the hose for the washer machine to take it off the septic. Basically until we get the leach field redone, the septic will have to be repumped every few weeks... we are hoping taking the washer ff the septic will stretch us to once a month. To get it pumped on Thanksgiving it was $415... $250 for normal pumping, $100 for it being on Thanksgiving and $65 for "mileage" so we would be looking at $315 once a month is what we are figuring.

Alicia - we need to catch up here soon <3

Nini - Sadly this house was a short sale, so no home warranties. We have been in touch with the FBI due to it being wiring fraud for the closing costs, but we have been told we are basically pot out of luck on that one!!! The sewer should have been reported to us, and yes, I think the inspector should have picked up on it, but hiring a lawyer isn't an option right now. I truly don't know what the Lord is trying to teach us... But I am trying to be receptive to His teachings, rather than just whining all the time! There are definitely times I do better than others!

Jana - We were talking with one of our neighbors last night and he said that everyone around here bought houses with someone else's issues... When he bought his house the previous owners had spliced in to someone else's electric!!! Thank you for your prayers!!! I truly believe that God has brought us this far and that He will see us through this... and we will be stronger for it!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2016 :  01:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, boy WY is expensive. We were considering WY at one point, but Maine won out for various reasons. For me to have my septic pumped, two sets of risers so I can find it easier and a new filter I only paid
$406. The issues I had with my house after that was the electric. That only cost me $1,900 for rewiring, new plugs installed, and a few extra lights where we did not have any. The new chimney to put us into compliance, cleaned, two new wood stoves was only $6000. I believe that through your issues that maybe the lessons is about all of us who might be looking at buying a house and what to look for. Hang in there and I am sure that soon it will get better. Like you the previous owner hid things from us and our first three months in the house is us correcting them one by one. Still I feel blessed to have the house that I have always wanted and these issues are nothing more than the devil trying my faith. God is good and he will turn everything around for his glory, just you wait and see, just keep the faith in him.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
FGOTM December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Needle
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Judy
Kissimmee Florida
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2016 :  02:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, not much I can say that has already been said, except I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there and know that your sisters are praying for you. We went through some rough times, my husband was in and our of work for 2 years. But in hin sight, when he finally got stable work our youngest got some great doctors for her back and our middle daughter ended up marring a great guy. God does work in strange ways!

Farm Girl Sister #6566

The road of life is made smoother when traveled with someone you love.
Go to Top of Page

tnmtngal
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

T
Bristol TN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  12:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Many blessing for you and your family.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  1:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Mercy me, Shannon! I'm really behind with your news. I'm so glad you got to move but sorry you're having so many struggles. Seems like you guys have had more than your share. I'm praying for you and resolution to all the issues . . . and restored health for all of you!
HUGS, LOVE and PRAYERS TO YOU!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  09:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am so sorry you are going through all this. A suggestion about the dryer not drying.....is the vent to the outside opening? I had the same issue in a new house and I found the the vent the the outside was blocked and it was keeping the air from flowing outside and drying the clothes. Praying that things will begun easier soon"
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2016 :  12:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear Shannon,
I will continue raising you up in prayer.
Take care and blessings to you all.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  03:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh my. Shannon you have had more than your share of troubles lately. I am so sorry. Prayers and hugs!

Farmgirl Hugs ,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  06:09:56 AM  Show Profile
Continuing to keep you and your family in prayer Shannon. I hope your belongings have reached you by now.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  07:09:23 AM  Show Profile
I have a definite praise.... as well as asking for more prayers. First the praise... we have our belongings!!!! They got here Friday and we are slowly working through the unpacking process... though the tree was unpacked kinda early on ;) As for the prayer request... I'm copying what I wrote on the porch...

I am not a superstition person. I believe bad things happen because we live in a fallen world. I believe God has everything under His control. I believe I will learn from each and every life event as long as I pay attention and put the effort in. I believe that everything will work together for good of God's Kingdom! But I am mentally and emotionally drained. Last night, a little after eight, Emi, my 15 month old, pulled a cup of hot tea down that my hubby had put on the end table. It happened so fast and yet it seemed like it was in slow motion. I set the cup up (only half ended up dumping), stripped her shirt off, and hubby and I got her in the bathtub with cold water running down her hand, arm, and on her chest. We then put burn cream on it, and thought she was good. She played, drank a bottle, and went to sleep. I sat and cried on and off feeling like a failure as a mom. Then about two hours later she woke up screaming... she arched her head back as she screamed and we saw for the first time that where her chin usually rests on her chest, especially when she is tired, was burnt... both under her chin and on her chest! The skin had rubbed off due to the friction. My heart broke all over again and we took her into the ER, about 45 minutes away. They cleaned it up, bandaged it, gave her meds, and said she will be okay. We got to bed around 0230 this morning. I thought surely today would be an okay day... we should be getting paid hubby's last paycheck... they have been holding it, which they are allowed to do for ten days (apparently ten business days!?!?). No joy! They still have not paid... all we can hope and assume is they considered the 7th a holiday, so today would be the 10th business day in that case and maybe we will get paid tomorrow...

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Kathy - thank you for your suggestion about the dryer. Sadly, that was not the case. It is working a little better though (about an hour and a half now)... Hubby took the dryer apart and it looked like they may have never cleaned the dryer vent, as inside the dryer, around the drum and the door were completely covered in lint. He cleaned all that up and that has helped.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  08:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Ugh! Poor Emi!!! Praying. :'( This was NOT a failure as a mom!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for our family Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page