Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Let the Christmas Decorating Begin! Post pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Let the Christmas Decorating Begin! Post pics Next Topic
Page: of 5

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  10:28:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peggy,

We don't require anyone to pay in order to post pictures on our chat room. Can you let me know what is happening? I have a how-to thread on posting pictures here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71358

If you are continuing to have issues please let me know where in the process things seem to be running amok for you. I'm sure we'll get this straightened out.

Thanks!

~Brian
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  12:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Love the pictures! Grace! I am just getting started, I got a long way to go! I collect Vintage Irwin Santas and reindeer,2 of the 8 I own. A lot of us remember these stockings! The 2 small ones are 1960's, the large ones 1950's. Santa and Snowman are the highly collectable Rosbro Candy Containers. made in Providence, Rhode island in the 1940's to 1970's. They made a lot of Halloween too, sold at Woolworth's and Sears candy counter, came with colored cellophane and candy attatched. I can't wait to dig out more!! 2 of my favorite Snowmen, I made them. I collected snowmen for over 25 years, I gave away most of them. I have about 20 left!
Close up pic of the stocking you can see Topo Gigio the mouse from the Ed Sullivan Show.
Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGPTM August 2014

Edited by - Killarney on Nov 29 2016 1:04:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:05:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I hope you post a pic of that beautiful sleigh! Sounds so pretty!

Grace, you and I sound cut from the same cloth! Love the silly sweatshirt. I LOVE your feather trees - both the red and pink are STUNNING!!!

I have been donning my new poinsettia apron I made, and working my way around decorating. We got a tree Sunday and will decorate it tonight.

I had a few little houses and this year found an accessory kit! I stayed up to midnight making it "just so". I love how it came out:

Here's the apron I made:

And I decorated the treadle in the family room:

Every year I weed out something "tired" and add some little something. This year, I got some beautiful dessert plates at a tag sale:

I love poinsettias. Yesterday I bought my Christmas cards. I will probably be the last person on earth still sending out cards but I won't stop, lol!

I have put vintage Christmas photos and our old past Christmas photos in a vintage red train case in my home office, and on my desk I grouped some with a vintage Santa blow mold, and an old typewriter. It came out cute.

I love seeing everyone's decor. All looks so warm and cozy.

Linda hope you feel better soon. Nothing is a bigger bummer than being sick this time of year.

I have to say, Winnie, it is hard to get in the spirit with warm weather. It's been kinda warm here too, and now today it is raining but we need it. Inside, I am blasting Christmas carols and right now we are watching White Christmas before we decorate.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Connie, it has been decades since I have seen those red mesh stockings filled with goodies!!!! I love your vintage Santas as well. I have a few vintage santas and reindeer that I will be getting out soon and will share a photo.

Nicole, your little village is quite sweet and I do love your new apron, decorated treadle machine, and tag sale plates! So fun and I agree with you that it is wonderful to see the family treasures that everyone has been sharing. Christmas decorations are like unwrapping so many memories every year. It is part of what makes the holidays so special. I love being surrounded by familiar things that have been a part of my Christmas for 65 years.

Thank-you everyone who has shared with us so far. I look forward to seeing what others post too. I promise to share when I get things out !

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all, your decorations are all so beautiful and I love the attention to details. You have inspired me to bring out my Christmas decorations and get started this weekend! I will post photos next week!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:03:14 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I love your village and sewing machine, plates and apron!!! It just says Home!!
Jana, we will look forward to seeing your pictures! I love, love seeing pictures of Christmas memories!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
i decorate with quilts - most I've made, but a few I've purchased. I have more quilts than beds. LOL! I'll post pictures when I get them put up.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  07:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Linda, please post pictures of your quilts!!! You are such a talented seamstress!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  2:17:57 PM  Show Profile
oh My Stars! luv luv it all!

Connie, luv your vtg. stockings and snow peeps...

Nicole,,, luv you lighted village and your apron...

Linda,,, I would luv to see some of your quilts...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  6:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I missed your post with all the vintage!! LOVE it all! I just finished decorating my second treadle with a Santa tree and Rudolph theme. I will post pics later. Linda must see your quilts! :)

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  11:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh My Stars!!!
CONNIE... the number, 2743, on your little vtg. post/mail box window was my I.D. number when I worked for the county...
wowzers...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  09:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Grace!! That gave me goosebumps when I read your post!!! The mailbox came from the little town of Brunswick, Tn. The Post office was in the back of the only country store in that area, about 6 miles from my house. They built a post office in the middle 1990's. The owner of the store kept the post offcie window and the counter and the mailboxes the same for years, then he sold the store years later and it wound up in an antique store nearby, all I could afford was one of the boxes!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  10:28:47 AM  Show Profile
I thought you ladies might appreciate this. This is the mantle at my mom's house, everybody has gradually been replacing their homemade stockings with custom ones from LL Bean except me. Mine's on the left, my mom cross stitched it when she was pregnant with me, and it faces the opposite direction haha! I love it, and have no plans to replace it!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Rachel... you just HAVE to be different!!! lolol!
I luv that your mom stitched one for you...and you still use it...
The LL Beans are nice too!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  10:44:26 AM  Show Profile
Connie,,,how cool is that!?!... (about the vtg. p.o.box)
I am always on the look out for #4723 & # 472 as both are special numbers to me.
I have an old brass cow tag with the #472 (my Sisters on the Fly #) and use it as my trailer key holder.
HoHoHo!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  10:55:51 AM  Show Profile
You all inspire me! We bought our tree last Friday, and life has been just so darned busy that I haven't even hanged a light!!! 'House sure smells piney-fragrant, though! Looking forward to the weekend and making the season bright, for sure! Love what you've all shared! (Rachel, LOVE that yours faces its own direction!!!)

Here's a few photos from last year... Think I might do the same this year... (Camera did NOT do the decorations justice at all!)

Now I REALLY am aching to get started!!! LOL!

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Nini! I luv the 'candy cane' ribbon! and your lil snow peeps too!
Yep, life can be a tad bit more hectic this time of year... make sure to take a moments to breath in the loveliness... put on a cup of tea and a couple of cookies, even if they are store bough Oreos... lol! Just take a moment to breath..
hugz
>^..^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  06:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Katmom- lol yes I am resisting takeover! If it wasn't homemade I wouldn't care so much, but as a crafter myself I can appreciate when someone puts the time into making something :)

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  09:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Nini Gorgeous!!!! Like North pole! I love Candy Cane colors of anything!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  09:44:35 AM  Show Profile
Here is another Vintage one you may remember! GE Ice light! I remember these from when I was 8. There was a GE(General Electric) factory in Memphis. My mom's friends worked there. They got a huge discount! She gave my mom enough lights for her whole outside of her house and Ice light for the tree! I would just look at them for hours! I found these on Ebay for Lily June's puppy tree, she loves them, she can name all the colors!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4935 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4935 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  09:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Lily June's 101 Dalmation tree, using Happy meal toys from 1996. I was working then as a stylist and I had one on my station. I use to eat happy meals on Weight Watchers and all the salon kids brought me puppies for my station, being me you know I kept them! One of Holly's high school friends worked there at the time and he brought me a whole sack of them when the promotion ended at McDonalds! Made a perfect tree for Lily June!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
FGOTM August 2014
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17052 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17052 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  10:16:53 AM  Show Profile
O Connie... I never got to have the Cracked Ice ornaments :(
As for your McD puppy tree... I Luv it and how you acquired your ornaments ...
I am having the best time reading about everyones Holiday decorations...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I love, love, love everyone's Christmas decor. Each different and unique. Keep the pictures coming.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2016 :  05:48:18 AM  Show Profile
OH my gosh Nini, your ribbon tree from past year is gorgeous! It deserves an encore for 2017, I believe.

Rachel, I wouldn't change my stocking either! It has your Mom's loving touch and no LLBean could ever begin to bring that sort of specialness to you! Love that yours is Farmgirl distinctly different. Hehehe, we Farmgirls appreciate those vintage linens of the past and handwork from your mom about tops the list!

Connie, little Lily June's tree is adorable. She is going to have quite a fabulous collection of Christmas and all seasonal decor by the time she is an adult. Such a lucky little darlin'!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2016 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Nini, your tree is amazing! Post a pic of this year, too. I need to take some pics tomorrow and post as well. Going to put my outside blow molds out tomorrow with some lights.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Let the Christmas Decorating Begin! Post pics Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page