Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  05:21:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls,

Haven't been online much the last few weeks. Our beloved dog, Bonnie, was diagnosed with cancer and we spent as much time as we could making her comfortable. She was such a smart, human-like dog, smarter than any pup I ever met. She was only eight. Sadly, the cancer was untreatable and she couldn't fight anymore. I don't think she wanted to go until the puppy we got last year was grown.

Our vet said she had never seen a cancer so aggressive or a dog get so sick so fast. Broke our hearts. My sweet girl passed away Tuesday in my arms, surrounded by her family. I swear I felt like my heart shattered when hers stopped.

It is so sad and heart wrenching when we lose a pet. Bonnie was only eight, so I think her young age made it harder for us. We know she isn't suffering anymore, and we are looking after her baby (she adopted the pup as her own) and her little buddy Pip, who is missing his big girl, too.

Wanted to share with my farm sisters. I miss my sidekick so very much.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  05:48:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry Nicole.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  07:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear Nicole. I have felt this similar sorrow myself. Stay with Pip and cry with him.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole:

My heart goes out to you. We had to say good by to our sweet boy Diesel this past August. He all his life had a spine issue. This last summer he was having so much trouble getting up we had to make a sad tough decision and stop his pain. He had a big brother Cody that we had to say good by to a few years back under the same situation as your baby's. He was only 8 and had agressive cancer. He was a 130lb bundle of love and cuddles. It is never easy to let them go and you never stop missing them. Hopefully thinking on the good memories eases the pain and knowing you were the best mommy she could ever have will see you through this sad time. Having another bundle of love and kisses helps a great deal.

Prayers of healing for you and your family.
Nancy

How old would you be if you didn't know old you are?
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4718 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4718 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  09:31:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your loss Nicole. My condolences to you and your family for losing such a treasured and sweet friend.

Dawn in IL

"Don’t let anyone ever tell you that this country isn’t great, that somehow we need to make it great again" Michelle Obama
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  5:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
So sorry Nicole. When you lose your fur baby it just can't be explained unless someone else has experienced it. We had a 6 year old Rottie that died of cancer. Heart wrenching. 2 years ago we lost our beautiful beagle Jackie. Still hard to believe she's gone. I pray you have peace and comfort and all the good memories Bonnie brought you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you girls. It was exactly a week ago at this very moment we lost her. I am missing her so much. I have been happy this week putting up Christmas ornaments, and my two best friends have been visiting and making me do things we like to do so I am not too sad. I still will stop and catch my breath at times I miss her so. Wish they could live longer, but it really hurts when they go "young". Wonder why so many pups get cancer these days? Sigh...

A year ago we got another puppy. My Bonnie raised her as her own puppy. We are so happy to have her, and have noticed she has some of Bonnie's "mannerisms". Big hugs to you all.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh, noooooooo! Nicole! I am so, so sorry! I'm so, so sad for all of you! I wish I had the right words. I'm sure right now Bonnie and Pawlee and all of their furry friends are up in Heaven, chasing butterflies, nosing around under rocks, and barking joyfully as they bound through daisy-filled fields ever green! We WILL all be together again one day... And when we are, what a wonderful day that will be indeed! Please give hugs to each other for me. Love you dearly, and will be praying for you! Hugs and love - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  1:45:31 PM  Show Profile
The love between a dog and an owner can only be described by one word "unconditional". The bond between you two is impossible to replace but the fond memories live on forever in your heart. I am sorry that you lost such a great friend.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz

Edited by - janamarieje on Nov 29 2016 1:46:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile
So sorry for your loss, at least you have eight years of great memories to carry with you.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  6:14:14 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! Those eight years were so special. I will love and miss her always.

I am a girl scout leader to a 14 year old troop. One of my girls' moms died last year. She told dd and I not to worry, that her mom knew alot about dogs and that she would look after her for us until we meet again. Oh my word, how precious.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Okay... I need Kleenex, Nicole... That is just the sweetest thing I've heard in years. God bless that sweetie!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile
So so sorry Nicole about your sweet dog. Thats the same age of my dog Toby when we lost him.Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  4:37:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda,

Thank you.

Since she died two days before Thanksgiving, things got so busy with the holidays, and I felt like I had to get busy with life, though I grieved her and still am. I missed her so much over the holidays. Every Christmas pic and New Years photo there she was, always jumping in. However, I am so thankful for our new pup, as she reminds us more and more of our Bonnie the older she gets. She misses her so much, as Scarlett was Bonnie's adopted puppy. She raised us a good girl! Please read my blog post if you missed it, a tribute to Bonnie:

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/date/2016/12?cat=5

Anyway, we cried a bit and laughed a lot over the holidays, remembering things she did.

We picked up her ashes from the vet, and placed them in a trunk I use as a coffee table in my sun room. They are currently with her leash and collar. Scarlett got so excited when she heard the tags, thinking that Bonnie was home. Now, whenever we leave her alone, she pushes the door open and lays next to the trunk. It breaks our hearts. She is grieving, too. She misses her puppy mama (Bon 'adopted' her as her own pup).

It's a new year, and we are blessed with our little fur babies, so we are thankful and blessed for the time we had with our Bon. Now we will spoil Bonnie's "baby".

Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. Means a lot!

Dogs have a way of really getting in to our hearts!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  6:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. I cry with you for the loss of your sweet fur baby.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  1:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nicole. I am so sorry for your loss. Fur babies have such a special place in our hearts and it's so hard to lose them, especially during the holidays. I hope you, your family, and Scarlett are finding peace.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  5:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Krista. I am pretty much okay, but will get sad every so often. She was such a constant in my life for so long, and always right there. Yesterday I cried when I was vacuuming. I had put up the decorations and decided to give the house a good cleaning. There is a spot where she always scratched the carpet for some reason before lying there. It is in a room where we don't sit often, so I don't know why she would go there. Anyway, there were her claw marks. I had a good bawl. We all miss her. They are our babies, our pets. She will always be in my heart.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Lost my fur baby Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic