AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  3:12:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello! My name is Kiersten and I live in Suffolk, Virginia. I am twenty three years old. I still live at home on my parent's farm (where I've lived my entire life) but I have dreams of having my own farm someday. I am dating a guy who builds submarines and we already have plans for a small hobby farm. We just need to tie the knot first! My parents raised me and my brother as farm kids. We raise ducks, chickens, dogs, cats, and horses. I also work at an agriculture retail store. In addition to farming, I like reading, writing, rescuing cats, knitting, cooking, having my friends over for tea, backpacking, hiking, camping, and practicing hygge. I am also a blogger! I look forward to getting to know everyone and earning some merit badges!

https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #7232

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  3:21:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to MJF Kiersten. You sound like such an interesting young lady and I look forward to hearing more from you. I love your blog, photos, and love for animals. I look forward to exploring your blog more in the future. Be sure to check out the many subjects under General Chat Forums, there is so much to learn and share here!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6816 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6816 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  3:26:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kiersten from northeast Texas. I'll be looking for you around the farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

TinyChinaCows
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Rebecca
Seminole County FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  4:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kiersten! I'm sure you'll fit right in around here. I'm also a newbie, and I've found that everyone is so friendly and welcoming! Good luck on your merit badges- it sounds like you have lots of great talents, so earning them should be lots of fun!

Also, the cat photos on your blog are absolutely adorable!

~ Rebecca
Farmgirl Sister #7224
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  4:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome fellow Virginian. I have a niece in Poquoson. Check out the swaps and other topics. You will love it here.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6700 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6700 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  4:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kiersten! I'm glad you decided to join us! Sounds like you have many wonderful hobbies! I would love to see some of your work. I glanced at your blog and will have to head back over and do some reading. Also, you should check out the 35 and under thread and chat with some of us who are close in age with you trying to start up our own gardens and homesteads! Hope to see you around!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  5:20:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I was just talking to my mom about finding new friends who had something in common with me. This seems to be the right place for that! I look forward to chatting with all of y'all and exploring the forums more. I have to get up and work at 4am so most of my exploring will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. :)

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #7232
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  06:07:13 AM  Show Profile
Kiersten, a big welcome to MJF from down here in Gainesville, Florida! We are so glad you joined and I look forward to hearing more about the projects and things that you are doing up there in Virginia. I was born and raised in Charlottesville, Va. and my husband was from Norfolk. Virginia is one beautiful and diverse state and perfect for enjoying all things Farmgirl!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  06:28:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kiersten, from Indiana. My son and his family live in Smithfield so we are quite familiar with Suffolk. I'm sure you're going to love it here.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  12:31:01 PM  Show Profile
@Red Tractor Girl, My dad is from Charlottesville! I love that town. Have you ever been to the Taste of the Mountains festival in Culpeper? It's a lot of fun.

@Craftingram, I live right on the Smithfield/Suffolk border. It's a lovely town and I have many fun memories there. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  3:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Kiersten, I have not ever been to the Taste of the Mountains in Culpeper, but I know the city well. Did you ever go to Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Va.? It is about an hour north of Charlottesville in the mountains. They grow lots of apples there and have a splendid Fall Festival every year. You can go there anytime and eat dinner in the big lodge where there are long tables that are served family style with all the home favorites. It is a lot of fun and great to do on a Saturday for a day in the mountains. My husband and I visited Smithfield one day on our drive home to Florida. WE stopped at that old Inn where they serve the best ever sweet potato rolls filled with thin slices of Smithfield ham. Oh my, they are a bit of heaven!! They also make great Brunswick Stew, an old Virginia favorite. Do you like it?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile
Yes, my family used to go to Graves Mountain Lodge for the Apple Festival every year when I was kid. It's a lot of fun! The Inn has a lot of good food. My friend had her rehearsal dinner there a couple of years ago. I love a good Brunswick stew. My neighbor makes the best recipe though. :)

Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  7:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Welcome from the Poconos in Pennsylvania. Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16273 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16273 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  12:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kiersten. Love reading about your background. But of course you'll have your own farm some day as long as you dream it, it will happen. Hygge is awesome!!!! Danish?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2017 :  08:14:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kiersten! Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  5:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kiersten!
What a great introduction! Welcome to a really great place!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  08:18:59 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all! I am really enjoying my time up here on the boards. I just noticed the title under my name just changed to True Blue Farmgirl. I guess I'm initiated now. Haha. And yes, hygge is Danish! It's a wonderful concept and has really helped me to reduce the stress in my life. I think it would be fun for other Farmgirls to explore!

Kiersten, Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings From Virginia! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page