Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  1:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora's cat Apollo is what we lovingly call "The Pest". No matter what he does he manages to make it difficult for the rest of us. Shut door? How could we possibly think of doing that to him? It must be open. Open the door? Why did we think he wanted to go through the door? He jumps from the ground up to our window air conditioner and howls to be let in through the window, and five minutes later wants to leave through the window.

Last summer when Nora and I were living at the cabin during the divorce, Apollo contracted Tularemia (rabbit fever) and ended up in the vet hospital for a week in Quarantine, I had to go on antibiotics since it can be contagious to humans, and the CDC, health department and Game and Fish all had to get involved. Not fun.

Now last week he started acting funny on Wednesday- yoweling and seeming to be in pain. Josh and I both decided something was wrong and I got him to the vet before they opened. They managed to drain his badder before it burst and found out he was completely clogged with bladder stones. Now he is home again after almost two full days at the vet hospital (again) and on special cat food.

Its a good thing I love him because for a free cat he sure does end up costing me a lot of money! Here is a picture of the naughty boy just after I got him from the vet. He got to hang out at work with me on Friday until it was time to go home

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  2:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Apollo looks a lot like my "Dory" who has also put us through the ringer at the age of six months when she shredded and ate some of the fabric from a prom dress I was making my daughter, again three years ago at the age of seven while being a wonderful mother to two kittens we brought into the home and one ended up having an eye infection and the other ringworm. I wouldn't trade any of my cats for anything in the world, each is a wonderful unique member of the family!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2016 :  8:13:14 PM  Show Profile
yep,,, luv our fur kids...
They all have such wonderful personalities and into mischief all the time,,, but would and do, do it all over again...
Katmoms United...
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 07 2016 8:13:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  07:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes and what does the naughty kitty do when we get him home but proceed to eat the dog food. *sigh* I saw our vet last night at the kids' Veteran's Day program and told him. He laughed and said the next time he gets clogged up he is getting a sex change operation. My aunt's cat had the same issue and they had to do the operation but it really helps them be able to clear the stones better.

This morning I went down stairs to feed the cats (they get fed on top of a half wall in the basement so the dogs can't get the food) and found that the cats had knocked the food storage container off the wall and there was very expensive cat food all over the floor and storage container was all broken.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

TinyChinaCows
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Rebecca
Seminole County FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  07:42:18 AM  Show Profile
What an adorable cat! Those cute little animals are always making trouble. It's nice that he has such a loving family to take good care of him! :)

My mother's small dog once found and swallowed a whole almond. She got a vet trip, an x-ray, and some expensive meds to deal with the damage she'd done to herself. What a little troublemaker!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aw thanks! Yes we love all of our animals. He is a very striking cat- dark grey with light grey stripes that make him look like he brushed up against a freshly painted picket fence- which he totally would do.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  08:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Gotta love our four legged furry buddies! My ten year old light gray with dark gray stripes is queen bee in our house and lets the other two new cats know who is boss. I agree with Grace on what wonderful personalities they each have, it is so much fun watching them play and explore.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Naughty kitty- Sick Kitty Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page