Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic
Page: of 23

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2019 :  2:24:45 PM  Show Profile
My sweetie surprised me by installing most of the fences today (cold weather is coming soon so he wanted to get 'er done). Now only the other 2 gates need to be replaced.

No more chasing dogs down the road in pjs and slippers!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2019 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile

Hope springs eternal. I grafted 1 Liberty and 2 Gold rush scions to rootstock. I have doubts about how one of them fit, but am willing to take a chance.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  5:17:28 PM  Show Profile

Some of you may see the disfunctionality of our bathtub. It is difficult to clean or wash dogs in it. My solution is to take out the doors and put in a shower curtain. Maybe later we could install a smaller sink.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2019 :  04:45:07 AM  Show Profile
The fence looks great---I am surprised it is up and replaced. I laughed at you chasing dogs down the road---sounds like something I would do---lucky to have no cars by here. Nice bath although I can see that washing a dog would be hard to do. A shower curtain would give more moving around space. I get you drift. I also like the look of a shower curtain---kinda livens up the room.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2019 :  04:53:46 AM  Show Profile

I've also decided that the wallpaper border needs to go. Currently looking for something in a dachshund print (husband said those 3 little words- "anything you want").

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2019 :  6:29:08 PM  Show Profile

Last night we pulled out the shower doors and today we hung the rod. It looks better already.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  12:18:37 PM  Show Profile
We did that with our bath too. So much easier to clean! Love the wallpaper border.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  06:34:25 AM  Show Profile
You were right---the shower curtain does make the room seem roomier and easy to get around. I like the wallpaper border, but dogs would be cuter. I don't like to think about outhouses much because I used one in grade school and still have one at our cabin shack---LOL.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  8:04:40 PM  Show Profile
I haven't changed much since we moved in, but the cutest border is beginning to irk me.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  8:07:07 PM  Show Profile

The cemetery on the hill overlooking Augusta KY has many old graves, some dating back to the Civil War.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  8:10:15 PM  Show Profile

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  04:54:30 AM  Show Profile

Last night we put up towel hooks. No more hanging them over the shower curtain! I moved my shelf over the toilet. The final touch will be the outer curtain, which is being customized at this moment.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2019 :  2:51:17 PM  Show Profile
This patch of grass is ankle high - I think its time to mow!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2019 :  11:33:20 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely old cemetery---I love to look around in them. A weird hobby of mine. I will be buried in an old family cemetery at my great-grandmother's old farm. It is in a beautiful place. The bathroom looks great. A lot more interesting. No grass mowing yet for me---I do dread it as I hate to mow grass---but it sure is beautiful and a lot better than mud and snow.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  3:52:23 PM  Show Profile

My sweetie got 2 dogwood trees and transplanted my lilac. My mother-in-law also got a magnolia and a redbud.

My peas are up, and I saw little beet sprouts too.
Our cat, Shrek, is a mighty hunter. A dead mouse was on the front porch. He didn't even nibble on it.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  3:02:34 PM  Show Profile

A fierce wind blew through on Sunday, but my tulips survived!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
YAY! BLOOMS! Spring is spring at your house! Congratulations!
Favorite time of year! Could you possibly post a pic of your bathroom to see if you still have the trim or if you got a curtain for your shower! Lol! I will be looking to see!

Farmgirl#7588
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  6:15:48 PM  Show Profile

I still haven't changed the trim, but the shower curtain I decorated makes me smile!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2019 :  7:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message

Awesome job! That's cute as all get out!lol! Flying dog's! Love that!

Farmgirl#7588

Edited by - Krissel on Apr 16 2019 7:33:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2019 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile
What can I say? I prefer original things and I'm cheap!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2019 :  6:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Audra Rose! I tell my friends it's frugal and creative and if done with flare even priceless! I'm a treasure hunter from childhood and I am fond of your creative flare!

Really growing up in remote Alaska one of our family trips was an adventure treasure hunting at the dump every couple of weeks! Lol! Proud of it too!

Farmgirl#7588
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2019 :  04:42:33 AM  Show Profile
Just saw first hummingbird of the year and am making the nectar.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2019 :  09:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes I missed out because of wasp fear last year but not this year! I'm so in love with hummingbirds! I'm pretty sure I can combat my wasp problem if I don't miss the opportunity to hose them down and put pepper mint spray on my eves!

Farmgirl#7588
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  7:03:02 PM  Show Profile

These wild irises that I invited to my yard last year made their grand appearance, along with bleeding hearts. I also got a Tango hummingbird mint, 25 strawberries and 2 each of BlackBerry and black raspberry canes. And my white lilac is blooming!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  7:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Vanessa very lovely! Your porch looks so inviting! I'm excited to go back to my summer home in Massatuchett and get started!

Farmgirl#7588
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page