Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic
Page: of 23

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  05:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Bees love my hummingbird feeders!

And it's gladiolus season!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

VegiChik
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Sharon L
Gaylord MI
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2021 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Growing season so different here in Northern MI! Glads just poking shoots up a few inches . . .
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2021 :  11:59:04 AM  Show Profile

My boss gave me a $100 bill for extra work I did. I saved it for my vacation in Key West, where I bought this beautiful ring.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2021 :  9:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa! You are adorable! Love your ring, too, beautiful!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2021 :  07:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Our Allegiant flight was canceled so we have to spring for an extra day. Thank goodness we are staying at the military hotel and it is reasonable. Key West does get old after a while but I think I can manage to kick up my heels a little.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2021 :  5:41:31 PM  Show Profile

Hallelujah! I'm getting my sewing room back! The queen size bed that was here was given to my darlin daughter who will soon move into her own place. Right now I'm moving my comfy chair back into the room, then I get to move all the crafts & fabric back.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

238 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
238 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2021 :  10:24:31 AM  Show Profile
I love gladiolus >Vanessa what colors are the flowers?
Try adding water to a shallow dish(that has small rocks in it) for the bees. They are looking for water too

Today's good mood brought to you by coffee
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2021 :  12:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Tara we had purple, yellow, white and coral colors.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2021 :  12:22:30 PM  Show Profile

A few changes at my home. We got a gazebo delivered on Monday and today we got a gas line installed to the house. Gas appliances will be bought in the future.
Also my sweetie thought we needed a new sofa so he bought a curved model with footrests. Picture coming soon.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2021 :  5:37:52 PM  Show Profile
So beautiful Vanessa! I always keep up with your posts. Your mom in law is beautiful and you are one amazing energetic person! Rock on! Plan to write soon and my other pen pals too---have been sick and wore out! Also having to stain our huge porch each day this summer only adds to the fun---LOL! I have sciatica and boy does it hurt and dim your love of life. Picture me hobbling and crawling around staining the deck---LOL!!!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  03:21:44 AM  Show Profile

The solar lights finally worked!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2021 :  03:32:18 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, I can sympathize. I brushed water seal on the deck before the gazebo was delivered. About halfway through my knees were complaining but I was on a roll and didn't want to quit.
I get upset with my husband because he is retired and has time, apart from taking his mom to doctor visits, to do so much but he has no dreams or imagination. He sits ands watches TV or is on the computer. I get home from work and can't help thinking he's lazy.
Could you use a paint roller on a stick to stain the porch? That'd save you from crawling.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  6:10:07 PM  Show Profile

Last weekend my sweetie and I ventured from our neck of the woods to Virginia to attend the wedding of my nephew. It was great to see my younger brothers and their families. Marie, I missed you! Our parents were not able to travel.
However, my other nephew Joey is engaged and will get hitched in a year, so hopefully we'll all be together.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2021 :  3:01:00 PM  Show Profile

In do-it-yourself Farmgirl fashion, I pulled some of the boards off 2 pallets, nailed some along the sides, placed one on top of the other, lined them with newspapers, and added dirt and plants. I count wait for my sweetie to get off his duff and help me, so I did it all by myself.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2021 :  7:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Good for you!!!

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2021 :  5:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Never thought of this---good idea. I tell you Vanessa that having a hard working slave driving husband that keeps me going all day do get tedious---work, work, work and more work---LOL! And now the joy of canning season and firewood season. Winter take me away to lazy land, and I sure admire your energy.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  05:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Got your letter yesterday Barbara and I agree. My sweetie has a bee in his bonnet to get our kitchen cabinets replaced and to peel off the textured wallpaper. Once the work gets started, we'll have to cook in my mother-in-law's kitchen for a while.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  5:06:22 PM  Show Profile

It's a beautiful evening in Kentucky.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2021 :  12:23:11 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, we recently had our old hickory cabinets professionally painted and are SO happy with the results.
Totally worth it, and no where near the cost of new cabinetry. We live in an A frame with so much wood on the interior, and I wanted to lighten things up.
Just a thought, unless you have already purchased new.
Here is after photo

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2021 :  6:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Lisa if our cabinets were sturdy I'd keep them. The shelves are bowing under the weight of things. As it is the cabinets won't be ready till mid January. As long as we're going crazy, we'll peel off the wallpaper and paint.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2021 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile
This white kitchen is beautiful---I love white and I had white and they yellowed in twenty years---so I painted them apple green. What a horrid job for sure! Now one is pulling away from the wall---but we can fix it. I would go with the new style of just shelves on top---but I am so sloppy and it would be more to gather dirt. Vanessa---I wanted to use s roller on the deck---but hubby decided it did not go in the cracks good enough---so that was that!

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2021 :  6:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa---thank-you so very much for the package and the nice note! I waited and opened it after supper with hubby and the animal fam---it was such a surprise and all appreciated. You are so kind and thoughtful. It sure brightened my day. I will write you a personal thank you note in a few days. God bless you---you are sure a blessing to others.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2021 :  10:00:14 AM  Show Profile
A funny thing happened today. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law drove to church after my sweetie and I did.
I was going to stay after church to take Emma home after a youth event. Sweetie forgot to give me the car key. Now I'll gave to get a ride home and we'll still have to come back for a car.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2021 :  1:55:44 PM  Show Profile
So funny-sounds like something I would do. hubby and I once went hiking and drove down to a little village and parked our car-such fun. When we got back to the car he had locked the keys in. Luckily we knew a shortcut up the mountain and only had to walk five miles back to Flat Top to get someone to take us back to our car. And once I locked myself out at Walmart and the fire department came and helped me. Quite humiliating. So I do understand.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2021 :  3:12:39 PM  Show Profile

What to work on tonight? In front is the denim quilt I'm making for my son. At top on left is one of the feather pillows we got 30 years ago in Germany. I bought ticking and I will transfer the feathers. On right is a bag of quilt as you go blocks for a veterans quilt that my friend gave me. Feeling a bit overwhelmed...

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 A Farm of My Own:  Found my bit of Heaven, the saga begins! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page