Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Christmas 10"-square Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas 10"-square Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 8

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  05:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Hay there!

I got word that my fabric has shipped so I should be able the fulfill my obligation soon.

I collect the charms for my hexigons that I am making for an Insanity quilt but tat will take FOREVER! I love sewing them tho.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  6:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Received fabric from Tammy and Christy M. today. Love them! Can't wait to make my table cloth! Deck the halls with boughs of holly............

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  9:48:51 PM  Show Profile
I am going to iron the squares I've received. They are all so beautiful. I leave for a quilting retreat next wednesday, I can not wait 5 days of nothing but sewing and being with friends. I'm trying to be organized and cut out most of my projects so I get to sew, sew sew!!

Thank you all so much!

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2016 :  10:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got Christy's squares today! Love these fabrics! I think I am going to make at least 1 bed runner quilt - maybe more.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 02 2016 10:12:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  04:22:26 AM  Show Profile
Five days of sewing, friends and no dishes or laundry sounds wonderful Denise. Have fun.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  04:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love retreats, though the longest I've been on is 4 days. LOL! I always take a lot more projects than I need, but don't want to run out. I also get a lot done, even though we talk all the time when there.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I have received fabric from Marilyn, Rebecca W., and Diana. Am waiting until the repairs are all done with my house before I start on any projects.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  06:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
You lucky ladies that get to go on retreats. Must be heaven! Couldn't sleep last night, so I sewed until 3:30am. Most people read but I sew! LOL!
Went to a farmers market yesterday and bought many Mennonite home grown veggies. Doing cauliflower now. Broccoli next and then applesauce if I can keep the energy going! Whew, tired just saying it! LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I love to sew too - especially if I can't sleep.

I DO need to learn to can veggies. That's great that you do that, too.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  2:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Another RAOK! Thank you, Darlene aka Healing Touch, for the darling Christmas prints! (and the tuck)! They brought tears. Just shows how much you show your caring for other sisters!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  2:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Received fabrics from Tammy today. I love getting squishy envelopes in the mail. When I take mail to the PO they ask - "is it fabric?" LOL! Guess they know me.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  7:24:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Tammy and Christy Martin for the lovely Christmas squares in my mail box today. I am loving all the different ones.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  2:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I have been up for the last 3 nights, taking prednisone for the blasted cough, I have got some projects cut for the retreat so i'm hoping it will help me to finish more projects this year. I had to quit cutting be cause I was afraid I would cut something wrong, Then I iron my christmas squares and they are bagged, just need to find some sashing, I'm hoping i have something in my stash, I don't think I can face the cutting table a Joanns again in one day. 2 more days of prednisone so I'm hoping to not be too crabby at work on Monday and tuesday....Then off to the retreat. But much less coughing, which is a big relief.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  7:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Denise I sure hope you get well very soon.
Darlene Mossman, thank you for the pretty Christmas squares I received today. The one with the little houses reminds me of a bulletin board we did when I was teaching Art, K-3. All 500 kids made their little paper home. They decorated them with lights,(hole punches), trees, wreaths, etc. We covered a 6'x 30'bulletin board. It was so cute. I just adore kids art. Thank you for a sweet memory.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  8:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, thank you for the nice fabric.

Denise, oh that prednisone is a nightmare. When I was doing chemo they would pre dose me with massive doses of Benadryl and prednisone to prevent a reaction from the nasty stuff. I still had an Anaphylactic reaction one time. Feel better. Have fun at your retreat and show us your projects.

Linda, I love to can and freeze food. I've done it my whole life. Learned at my mothers knee. It seems like I'm always in the kitchen or sewing. LOL. If I'm sitting I'm crocheting something.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  9:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I got fanrics from Darlene M yesterday. Thanks! Only a few more to go!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  9:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, Chemo is awful stuff. They gave me benadryl and another drug before the carboplatin and taxol. I remember thinking that I could not sit for six hours in that reclining chair...but I did as the drips ever so slowly went into my body.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  03:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I just got back from a long camping trip to South Carolina to visit my SIL. Luckily the hurricane did not come in there, but she had 90 mph winds...she said it was really scary. Even with off shore winds we could see the damage and uprooted trees. The visit was lovely, but it's good to be home.

My cat sitter is awesome (friend/cousin-in-law) - and kitty had professional cat massages daily. Still, he's happy I'm home and Purred and Rubbed me from nose to toes the first night I was home-- did I mention all through the 6 hours night !!!!! I spent half the night petting kitty.

But my mail!!!!! Filled with 10 inch squares--- a few from Autumn ----- but an explosion of Christmas fabrics. Thank you all !!! As soon as the travel trailer is unpacked, I can enjoy the fabric.. Can't Wait!!!

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  05:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I received your fabric... what an awesome Santa! thank you!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  05:09:56 AM  Show Profile
I sent my fabric out on the 26th, so if anyone has NOT gotten them from me, please let me know so I can re-send.

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  05:39:15 AM  Show Profile
I have received fabric from: Darlene M (love the puppys and kittys),Tammy,Rebecca W,Marilyn(the blue santa I love. I collect old postcards and have one with that very Santa),Mary(will for sure try the recipe),Marti, Sherry(Thank you for the fabric info),Cristy(the cowboy hats are perfect!),Linda,Darlene R,Rebecca R,Denise, and last name Boatwright :) Love them all!!!

That's 14 counting myself. Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat!

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums

Edited by - Christy925 on Nov 06 2016 09:42:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  09:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Marilyn, they gave me taxol separate from the other 2 drugs. Had the other 2 first for 4 rounds. The taxol was what I had the anaphylactic reaction to. The first time I was fine but as soon as the drip started the second time, I was in trouble. Then I got another drug that was way worse. Thankful it's over. Won't ever do it again. But by the Grace of God!

3 more fabrics and then I sew! Sleigh bells ring are you listening..........

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  10:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am only missing 3 sets of squares, and I'm sure they will come soon.

Has anyone picked out a pattern yet? I want to make a bed runner or 2, and I think I will do stars. There is a Fons and Porter star that I have done before and it makes two reverse stars at a time when you use each patterned square with a background fabric. There is no pattern, just the way you make it. I have a pair here somewhere that I can post, then if anyone wants the pattern I can TRY to write/picture it out step by step.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Nov 06 2016 10:50:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  11:51:03 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, You are so right...by the grace of God we are still here. My DIL said I was crazy to do chemo. At the time I was too sick to live on the severely restricted diet of Joanna Budwig. I am alive 7 years later, with crazy short term memory issues...but I will take this awesome gift from God, and enjoy every day.

TexasGran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 06 2016 11:52:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  12:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Marilyn, 5 years for me. I have some memory issues, balance and extreme fatigue issues at times. Bottom line is I'm here too! I said I would do it for my family and that's that! We are survivors and for that I am grateful!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Christmas 10"-square Fabric Swap - SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page