Page: of 3

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  6:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, happy for you. When we were younger we had a wood stove because we were always w/o electric. I loved it. The house was toasty warm. I cooked on it. I miss it to this day. We just couldn't handle the wood (work) anymore. We put a propane stove in its place. I t looks like a wood burning stove but its not the same. It's a good thing you're getting up to code before you have a problem. Best to be safe. Excited for you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  12:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
The house is quite now. All the men have left for the day and won't be back until Monday. They have been busy these last few days as well as noisy. Here are a few pictures of the work they have completed so far. The Craft Room before the work started. The 1st part of the chimney in place. The stone work going on the chimney.My new stove. The bedroom has the same amount of work done. This is the new stove going into our bedroom.
We also put in a generator in the event we have power outages during the winter. And finally the new chimney on the roof. That is the extend of this weeks work.
I am glad to have a few days of quite around here. They still have a lot of work left to complete and Matt said he should be done in about two weeks. Give me strength to hang in there until this is all done. I will post pictures of the finished rooms when they are done.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2016 :  8:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
It will be so worth it when it's all done. The stoves look nice. They have a nice area on top for you to cook on if you want. I used to love that. I still miss my stoves. The generator is a good idea. The first time you are w/o electric you will be so happy to have it. Can't wait to see the finished projects.

Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  11:40:08 AM  Show Profile
Becky...well, I see I was slow on the up-take finding your "New Life" Postings. Glad I finally asked and you got me here. LOL
Just looking at your Property was breathtaking. You have a gorgeous setting. Once you have most of the work done and winter sets
in...your life will probably slow down and you will really get to enjoy what you purchased and invested in. I loved the large
plank wood floors on the inside of the house. Are those the original floors? Oh, I envy you following your dream. I remember
when you first posted that you were doing a State search for where you wanted to move to...I thought, what a great way to decide
where you really want to move to and establish your "Forever" Home. Well, you did yourself proud and us too. Now we get to
enjoy the journey with you. I will live vicariously through you! LOL Enjoying this Thread already.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2016 :  4:29:18 PM  Show Profile
So you are up in the county? I live in Washington County near Machias. Welcome to Maine.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  6:12:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Well the two new wood stoves are installed and the construction work is completed in those two rooms. Here is the new stove in our bedroom. The room is not completely done yet. I still have to paint the walls. The new bedroom furniture should be in a couple of weeks and the new drapes will be here sometime next week. I won't be painting the room until spring, but for now we have our stove in place.

The second room was going to be my craft room, but after considerable thought we decided to convert the room to our new living room. The picture is a little dark, but here is the new wood stove. As before, I still have to paint the walls. Our new furniture will be here within the week and the only thing I will have left is painting the room. I also have some ceiling work, as they had to cut a huge hole in the ceiling to install the new chimney. This room will be in Sage Green color scheme. So next Spring is when I plan on doing the interior painting of the entire inside of the house. The next room on the agenda will be my new craft room. The boys will be back after Thanksgiving to complete the remodel job of that room and I won't have much painting to do. Since I do not have to prime that room, I may do it this winter. I am not sure at this point. I still have a lot of work to do before the inside is completely done. The only thing that I will be doing to the wood floors is putting a sealant on them to make it easier to clean. Some rooms will get rugs and others none. I will continue to post pictures as things progress until the project is completely done on the inside. I also have plans for the outside in the Spring. I will be planting additional fruit trees and putting in a major garden. My husband will be working on putting up the greenhouse and maybe our new porch in the front of the house. He will also be working on his man cave and that will take up a lot of his time. We have tons to do for the next five years before we will be finally done with everything.
Have a great week and Thanksgiving!
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

NikisMom
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Julie
Framingham MA
140 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Becky, What a beautiful farm! Great acreage, with multi purposes. Lots of work with big rewards.
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Here is the latest updates on the farmhouse remodeling. The boys are almost done. They only have the foundation to finish and the sub-pump trench to dig. The contractor is still working up in Paul's Man Cave and they have a little of finish carpentry work in our living room before they are finish. The electrician has a few lights to install and then he will be done. So the working if finally winding down. The noise level is lower now that we only have one person making the most noise.
So this first set of pictures is the new door and windows we had put in. As before I will post a before picture and then an after picture.
The front of the house before the changes: As you can see the front step is all rotted out. Now the finish: You can't see the new step as it is buried under the snow. But it is done. The door we took out the side windows and added a wood trim and the new triple pane thermal windows. They are nice as you can open them from the top or bottom and in the spring we will put the screens on. It has made a difference in keeping the house warmer by eliminating the wind from entering. The other changes are the insulation in the attic and the basement. The second floor is warmer now and we are not using as much wood as we did when we first moved in.
Becky

Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
This is the second major change to the inside of the house. This room has become my craft room. We switch rooms because my original craft room was going to be bigger, but we need the extra space for the living room. So here is the room before the changes: This is the fireplace and the way it looked when we moved in. This is the wall to the left of the fireplace and the doorway to the dining room. And now the changes: The new look of the fireplace. I had the stone work taken up and over the doorway and to a part of the wall on the other side. This is the finish stonework and a part of my craft room. And finally looking into the room:The rocking chair and oil lamp on the dresser was a Christmas gift from my husband. This is my new craft room.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:19:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
The final picture is one view from one side of the house with all the snow in our field. I think the view from all our windows are beautiful, but this is my favorite view.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Great new door and windows. Your house looks welcoming and friendly.

One night, a couple of years ago, a woman came to my door to ask about the elderly woman across the street. She said she chose my house because it looked friendly. I believe all FarmGirls at Heart have friendly houses.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Rebeca,
What a charming house. Love to see the pictures. What a lot of work! Well its paying off because I love the results. Pretty soon you can sit in that rocking chair.
Nancy JO

https://myrockingchairandme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  09:19:02 AM  Show Profile
It looks like the house changes are moving along beautifully, thanks for taking the time to share your progress!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  09:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
It Looks super good, Becky! Great pictures. A lot of work you have been doing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 02 2017 10:17:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  10:40:51 AM  Show Profile
Becky...everything is looking so good!!! I love seeing the improvements but I'm sure you love seeing them even more! LOL
You guys have really acomplished so much is such a small space of time. That is just awesome! And I see you finally got
your SNOW! It doesn't look as if the Front Door will be used much for awhile.

Thanks for sharing with all of us. It is like we can all be apart of your New Farm/and Farm Life. Very Cool!!!

Love, Joy, and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  11:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn,

It is icy around the front door and up here they use the backdoor mostly. Next spring/summer if the money holds out, I am going to add a front porch and then maybe the front door will be used somewhat. But for the most part it is just something to look at.
Paul and I was just talking about how much we have managed to complete in only 3 months time. It seems like we have been here longer but it has only been 3 months. I do love the changes now they are complete. Thanks for being a part of my new life.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  11:46:30 AM  Show Profile
Becky , all of your renovations look great! Wow, you have been so busy with so many changes but it is all worth the effort. What a fantastic craft room you now have too. Wowza with that fireplace!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  12:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Love your craft room, Becky, as well as your other home improvements. Your projects seem to be moving along so quickly!

We are renovations on our home too. They are not moving along so quickly here. We have to have all of ours contracted out. I was optimistic thinking we would be finished by Christmas. We only have a new driveway and a fireplace replaced and wired so far. Weather just did not cooperate with the driveway and set everything back. Oh, well.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  2:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Like you Judith I was hoping to have everything done by Christmas or at the very latest by December 31. That didn't happen I am not sure how much of January will be affected by the work still left. I hope soon. I know that I will miss the boys when they are finished, but at least I can clean my house and finally finish moving in.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  4:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful place. Things are coming along great.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  5:00:14 PM  Show Profile
Becky, what a beautiful home you all have created. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and what you've done. Gives the rest of us inspiration!!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  7:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Becky, thank you for taking us along on your remodel journey! It's so much fun seeing what all you are doing and planning! What a wonderful farmgirl dream you are living in! The scenery is just gorgeous there!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
"Broken cookies don't have calories!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Really nice, Becky. I love everything you have done so far. How good you must feel to look at all you have accomplished. I love the snow too! LOL! Did you make any snow angels? Keep the pictures coming. I love to go on this journey with you.

Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  5:48:01 PM  Show Profile
Becky - it is lovely! Absolutely lovely!!! What a gorgeous home you are making for you and Paul! I'm so happy for you guys finally having your dream <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  11:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Looks amazing Becky! I'm so happy for you and Paul. Your stonework going up the wall looks great. I think that was a great idea. I want to go run through that snow! Then grab a cup of hot cocoa and a good book and sit by the fireplace :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic New Life Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page