Page: of 3

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  3:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I have been away for quite some time. Mostly because of school, research, moving, and new life.
My husband and I have been searching for that one place we can call home. Over the last four years I have researched about 37 states, down to 7 to finally down to only one. Our new home state is Maine. Yes we are aware of the brutal winters, but this state also have an abundance of farms for sale. On August 31, 2016, we closed on our little farm. It is a 1865 farm house sitting on 17.1 acres. We have about 4 to 5 acres free to garden and the rest is in trees for a forest plan they have here. We have decided to call it "The Pioneer Homestead". There are tons of work to be done but the two of us believe this is home and each day we find something new to love about our new hometown and our new farm. I will post pictures once I unpack my camera, not sure which box it is in and I have so many to unpack.
The Front of our farm.
The view from my dining room and kitchen. This is the west side of our property.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Sep 04 2016 09:40:30 AM

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  4:19:36 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Rebecca on finding that forever home! Your Farm sounds wonderful for many projects and plans. I look forward to seeing your photos when you get a chance real soon!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  5:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Rebecca and hubby. Have a wonderful future in Maine!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2016 :  7:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Rebecca. Sounds like a beautiful and wonderful place. I can't wait to see pictures.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 02 2016 7:21:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  05:46:51 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Rebecca! Your farm sounds wonderful and I know you will love it there.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  08:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Rebecca and I look forward to hearing more about "The Pioneer Homestead" adventure!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  8:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations Rebecca. Your farm sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  09:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Additional Pictures

The Tree Farm. My very own Christmas trees

The back of the house which shows part of the fields that we will put in crops next year hopefully.

The chicken coop and top of the garage/barn.

The apple orchard. I have 6 apple trees and 2 or 3 plum trees. In addition to that I also have blackberries and raspberries.

The dining room with the pellet stove. We have a fireplace in the living room and the house is also heated by a oil furnace and hot air wood furnace.

This will be my craft room. For now it is the box holding room.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Hay there.

I have also been "away" for quite . Too many irons in the fire but have missed all my farmgirl sisters. Your new place looks lovely and I know you will enjoy it. Nothing like the smell of clean air.

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  12:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Becky! What a wonderful new home. May God bless you abundantly as you begin your new adventure at the Pioneer Homestead :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  12:13:47 PM  Show Profile
Love your farmhouse, Becky. Great chicken coop.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4850 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4850 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile
I'm sooooooooooooooooo Happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! I have always ,always wanted to go to Maine!! I see farms for sale in Maine in Country Living magazine, they are soo wonderful!! I love your house and view!!!My dad use to go to Maine for his job 3-4 times a year and I would just gush over the pictures! God Bless you!! Keep those pictures coming, I adore seeing them!!

Farmgirl Hugs!! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2016 :  5:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for sharing pictures of your homestead. I love the house and outbuildings. Your tree farm and orchard are wonderful! Such a dream place!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  07:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
How beautiful! What fun you will have making this your very own. So happy for you. Keep the pictures coming.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  07:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
It is going to be a challenging project. The previous owner left tons of trash, dead flies, and cobwebs everywhere. I have a lot to clean so we can just live in it. For now I have the living room, bedroom, dining room, and kitchen mostly done. We can live ok in these room, but I still have tons of trash to deal with. Today is the kitchen and bedroom to finish cleaning so I can unpack my dishes and things for the kitchen, and clothes for the bedroom. I hate living out of a suitcase. I do know that once all the trash is gone and I can start working on making this place my own, I will have tons to do, but will love every minute of it. Paul is working on the outside, getting the house ready for winter. He has the wood to bring in, foundation to seal off to keep the frost and winter winds out, and protect the foundation from the winter storms.
Even with all that, I love this old farmhouse and know that each day I shall own a piece of it with every passing day. I want to finish most of the work by end of September, to get ready for the upcoming holidays.
As I complete the rooms, I will post pictures.

Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  07:41:49 AM  Show Profile
I love your search history, finding the perfect home, projects and photos. What an exciting time for you and your husband, congratulations and good luck. I hope you keep us posted with the progress and photos.

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile
It looks beautiful and so peaceful. :)

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  06:50:53 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Rebecca on finding your perfect home! It's looks lovely and so welcoming!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  11:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Rebecca! I am so happy for you! Your pictures make your new farm look absolutely fabulous! I can't wait to see how each room turns out as you complete them.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2016 :  2:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Rebecca! Home is where the heart is and looks like you picked a beautiful place to call home! ~ April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  2:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Fall has stepped in and has provide all her beauty. Here are some pictures of the fall foliage around my property and in the background.
The two trees that border our driveway.

Trees that surround our area.

This picture is the back of our house and the trees border the back side of our lower fields.

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Oct 06 2016 2:41:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  06:25:07 AM  Show Profile
Rebecca, your fall photos around your new home are stunning! I know you are loving your new place and I hope your home indoors is finally getting sorted out so that you can enjoy the season. Did you get a lot of yummy apples?

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  10:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Winnie,
When we arrived the other apple trees have reached their peak. Unfortunately, I had to deal with the previous owners trash and mess left throughout the house before I could even think about anything else. I do have one tree they call the winter apple and it is finally ready for picking. Paul and I are hoping to pick all the apples during the next couple of days and that is what I will be working on. There is so many apples on this tree, I am sure that I will have an abundance left over. Paul can't wait for his applesauce and pies. So that is going to be my weekend.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  10:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like a busy, but rewarding weekend, Rebecca. Your place sounds wonderful.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, you must be exhausted. Lot of work but rewarding in the end. Enjoy your first Apple venture! I have apple trees but the deer eat them before we can get them. LOL! Can't wait to see more pictures. Your trees look beautiful in their fall attire. Ours look like that too. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons. Have fun and keep us updated on your adventures.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2016 :  5:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene,
Exhausted is a word I am very familiar with. While we lived in Florida, I usually went to bed around 2-3 in the morning. Since we have moved into this house, its more like 9pm if I am lucky to last that long LOL. But at the same time I am up around 5am in the morning. The other thing that has surprised me is the compact nature of time. We have only been in our house for 1 1/2 months and have only lived in Maine for 2 months. Somehow it seems that we have lived here longer. Ever since we have moved into our house it has been a race against the clock to get everything done before winter sets in. Most people around here marvel at how much we have done in the short period of time since we moved into the house. Paul and I feel we have been here so much longer than we have. It still feels like a dream for us. This is something we both have wanted for years and for it finally to become a reality, just still feels like a dream we are in. Today I had three different type of work men here for various reasons. I love the changes that are happening, but it can seem overwhelming at the same time. For instance, we are not in code with the fuels. So we are putting in a 2nd chimney and as an additional feature, two new fireplaces. One in my craft room and the other in our bedroom. The work will begin in about 2 weeks and it will only take about 7 days to complete. I will be posting before and after pictures as we complete each project. Some of the projects will be next spring, and others will take longer. I love the farmhouse, and the aspect of bringing this old home back to its formal glory. I will keep everyone informed as we progressed forward. Yes it is a lot of work, but it doesn't feel like it because it is our dream old country farmhouse.]]

Becky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic New Life Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page