Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Sharing for accountability...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Sharing for accountability... Next Topic  

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2016 :  8:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I am declaring my intentions to restart the ketogenic way of eating starting tomorrow. 8}

When I hit peri-menopause, I developed Epilepsy. It's very much related to my hormones and is tied to my monthly cycle. The ketogenic 'diet' was developed for children with Epilepsy, and because I want to fight this naturally, I decided to jump in. And it began working!!

However, I ended up having some severe tummy pain and an ER visit, CT scan, MRI, Endoscope procedure, severe pokes for IVs and blood draws and lots of prescriptions later...I'm pretty sure the stomach pains were related to dairy...which I had upped big time with this way of eating. Oops. I knew I had dairy issues, but I had NO idea it could get that bad.

So now that I'm recovered from some very crazy couple of weeks, I'm cautiously heading back into some very healthy eating. I've got a beautiful new homestead, an amazing family including grandkids (with more coming soon), and I want to be well enough to enjoy it all. I have so much I want to do around here. And i want to enjoy life. :)

So I'm posting this for accountability (and prayers much appreciated) as I once again try to heal my gut and my brain (and the rest of me while I'm at it). I've got some other wonderful things that also help me with my seizures so I'll be restarting those, too.

I fully know that the first week of detoxing from junk will be rather craze inducing lol. I can do this. 8} Phew.

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2016 :  12:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Audra, I have been on a keto type diet for about three and swear that is what has kept my alive. I do eat carrots and peas, but those are the only carbs I seem to be able to eat. I would be happy to share what I have lived on for the past 3 years if you are interested.
Go to Top of Page

sassystyle
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Audra
Aumsville Oregon
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2016 :  09:37:24 AM  Show Profile
I've got a really good book I'm reading, but I'd love to know what you do, too. Yesterday, I didn't eat anything I shouldn't, but it was still a little high in the carbs. I'm easing my way in. I did get hit with the stomach pains, so I'm definitely not healed yet from whatever hit me.

Audra Marie ~ sometimes quirky, sometimes serious, always real
Farmgirl Sister #7132
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Sharing for accountability... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page