Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Not getting on the band wagon...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Not getting on the band wagon... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2016 :  7:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
SOOO many of my friends are all pushing some "health" product- whether it's a patch, a protein powder, a juice, a system, etc and frankly I am over it.

Years ago, I tried a product that was supposed to be healthy, energizing, all natural, etc..and I ended up practically killing my kidneys and getting very sick from it and then it was recalled. YIKES!!!

What bothers me is I eat my salads and "health" food and they all gripe at me. Seriously? You would rather eat, take or wear something man made with truly unknown ingredients than eat a bowl of fruit or make smoothies with fresh ingredients?

I am all for supporting my fellow friends but some days, I really question their thinking. Rant over!!!

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2016 :  04:45:15 AM  Show Profile
Ask your friends if they can interpret the ingredients in their "health" products. They are finding more and more that those products are anything but healthy! Eat your whole foods and just smile when they make their comments and know you are doing it right!

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2016 :  05:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have asked Dawn and I am not one to put down someone for trying to have a business but I question the quality and contents of these products. They always argue the standard boxed argument given to them by the company. I know one lady using a protein powder that I swear must be drugs or something. She reminds me of a rat on a wheel all day long but she insists it gives her energy. I am just going to go eat my peach.

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2016 :  08:46:08 AM  Show Profile
I am a little mischievous. When your friends put you down for eating healthy, tell them you are taking polyethylgogomide. It's made up of course. Explain how it works with the same language that they use for their supplements only make it the opposite. So instead of saying it gives you energy say it slows your metabolism so that your food can be properly digested. It slows the thought process down also so that one can more carefully consider decisions. One will have to completely change their diet while they take it eating only organic and preferably locally grown or the side effects can be crippling. Here you can make up a bunch of really gross side effects like excessive nasal mucous flow, projectile vomiting and unexpected diarrhea. But hey, I feel really great. Smile as you look at their shocked faces. <giggle>

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  09:58:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marie, great idea!

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  11:33:50 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you, Heather. I have always supported home-based businesses when I could -- especially when they are run by women. I used to be a Tupperware Lady, for goodness' sake. But it seems like every time you turn around there's some new "super" product that is going to clear up your skin, vaporize your ugly fat, make your hair/skin better (and by better, of course we mean younger), or give you the energy of five normal mortals. I still feel that eating fresh wholesome foods and drinking lots of clean water, along with moderate exercise, will probably keep me around as long as I wish to be here -- barring something unforeseen.

I was ranting on another board the other day about a "memory vitamin" that is being marketed to older people who are (naturally) terrified of developing Alzheimer Disease. My mother was taking it instead of the actual medical prescription written by her physician. I am not a huge fan of the AMA, either, but the studies and reviews of this herbal concoction are really terrifying!

If all of these pyramid (and yes, that's what they are) products actually worked, we would all live forever and nobody would have bad breath, acne or gas.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile
Marie, you are so funny! That is such a great idea. I just may use that the next time I am asked to purchase a sellers "fantastic" product. I agree. We can achieve better health just by eating better and exercise. There is no need for magical pills that are actually really dangerous.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  5:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Thank you. I don't know how I come up with this stuff.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

AnnieinIdaho
True Blue Farmgirl

437 Posts

Annie
ID
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2016 :  9:30:00 PM  Show Profile
I used to follow a strict health conscious diet because I was trying to assist in fighting fibromyalgia. I had trouble with cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose etc. because of it. So after discovering I am allergic to most fruits and vegetables I was forced to eat an animal based diet to include dairy. Voila, my blood panels are wonderful now. Full fat does not make one fat but balance is the key. One needs enough fat to shuttle the glucose from what we eat into the muscles. I have also been in an auto accident as a passenger and "died" for 10 minutes. Later I realized the last things I had done was clean house after a day of work. I didn't even get my last scoop of ice cream. So now, just balance things out getting enough carbs, protein and fats. Throw in some vitamins or supplements if you know you tend to shortfall in areas such as I do from not eating fruit and vegetables. I do eat certain ones but I do need the benefits from some supplements. I have found that taking a "joy" pill each day and a "gratitude" pill each day are the most beneficial life style changes needed. And by all means once in awhile I have an ice cream sundae and let the housework go. Nutrition is powerful whether from actual food or a product. Obsessing about healthy lifestyle can become a full time job which feeds some people's ego or truly becomes their hobby. No judgement here, but my personal choice is that I would rather keep it simple and just eat. Make sure you are not allergic to what you put into your body. Take care now and go play and have some fun! :-) Annie

"The turnings of life seldom show a sign-post; or rather, though the sign is always there, it is usually placed some distance back, like the notices that give warning of a bad hill or a level railway-crossing." Edith Wharton, 1913 from 'The Custom of the Country'.
Go to Top of Page

Kangaroo Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Teresa
Red Oak Texas
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  08:24:00 AM  Show Profile
I have used herbs for years about 30+. I grew up on a farm so learned about eating healthy homegrown food. which now I don't do and hope to in the future. BUT going back to supplements. You do need to check out things and where they come from. I buy few things from china.. cant trust the quality from there. There are many good Chinese herbs but I usually buy from another source if I want something. research, research research. cant explore enough on what you may want to take.
I have fallen for Friends and their "wonder" products. ha
I have my own agenda and stick to it. ha ha

another thing I find.. people want to cut corners on products.. get the cheapest one.. that is usually a huge mistake. many products that are cheap are just that... not good quality. I buy from companies I feel are quality as much as I can learn about them. You get what you pay for. like essential oils.. not all essential oils are good.. most are thinned down and poor quality and not processed the best way (which usually means cheapest way) I pay more for what I use but am fairly assured it is the good stuff and will work medicinally as I intend for it to be.

well there was my rant. ha

Dance Like No One Is
Watching.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Not getting on the band wagon... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page