Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Where I've Been...my poor dh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Where I've Been...my poor dh Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on the chat room much lately because I have had less free time the past month. My poor dh cracked a rib (slipped on a rug and landed all his weight on his back/side, he was being silly with my dd and trying to learn a dance move she was showing him. Of course the guys at his work are teasing him!). My poor dh! I've been so worried and hate seeing him in so much discomfort. Also, needless to say, I really appreciate all he helps me with around the house and garden!

It's been a few weeks now. We went to a friend's lake house for a few days (he insisted dd and I go) but boy! did I worry about him here. So glad we are back and I can help him. He needs to heal! We know it takes a long time for something like this. Thankfully he did not puncture a lung!

I read in this month's MJF about how gluten is an inflammatory, and he eats bread, bread, bread! (He's European). I am having him cut that out for now, because I bet it doesn't help his healing. Also increasing the Turmeric (we love it).

Any other tips for helping heal cracked ribs?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Ooooooh my goodness, Nicole! The poor guy!!! I don't have any tips for you, but I will definitely pray for him! What an unpleasant way to go through the summer! I hope he heals quickly and completely! In the meantime, enjoy your time together! Love and hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  3:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Nicole
I too am praying for your DH.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  3:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nicole,
I don't have tips, but I can tell you that I've done that THREE times and it takes SOOOOOOOO long for that to heal.
I did use heated rice bags, but that was in cooler weather. If he hasn't tried ice packs he might to the most painful area.
Sorry I'm not much help!
Hang in there!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  4:57:36 PM  Show Profile
NIcole, I am sorry to hear about your husband's accident! Ouch!!! I hope he heals up quickly and gets back to his old self again.

Farmgirl hugs to all the family!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  09:38:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nicole,

I cracked a rib years ago during an illness of Bronchitis and sinus infection. I was throwing up every morning from all the mucus and coughing non-stop. After 30 days of that my poor ribs could not take anymore. One morning I felt a sudden pain but then it subsided. I took a shower and when I bent over I could see the bone stick out.

I got out and dressed. Went to the kitchen and sat down and the pain got unbearable. We went to the doctor and he had me lay down on the table and then sit up. The bone stuck out again and he said STOP! lay back down slowly. Yelp! You have a fractured rib. He then sent me to a medical supply store and they wrapped me there so tight I thought I could not breath.

After, about 6 weeks it healed and I have been fine since. I read that the bone actually heals stronger than before it was broken. So, tell that to your DH and give him some peace of mind.

I could not do anything until it healed. So, don't let him lift anything other than his fork and cup. LOL

Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
Book Lover Gifts:
Etsy Shops:
http://www.marketsofsunshine.com/p/member-classifieds.html
Free Bible Research
www.jw.org
Improve your health without pills:
www.mjaramillo.bemergroup.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  06:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marsha,

Thanks for the news. He's about three weeks into it or so. He keeps trying to do too much and then sets himself back. They no longer wrap you with a rib injury, wonder why? At least now the last two days he can sleep in the bed instead of a chair! I still worry about him so much with this. :(

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Where I've Been...my poor dh Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page