Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Relaxation Merit Badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Relaxation Merit Badge Next Topic  

Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  07:44:59 AM  Show Profile

I believe I have discovered what calms me. Mindful Meditation. Since January 1, 2016, I have made it a personal practice to get up and before the emails, social media, and yes even my coffee, I take 15 to 20 minutes to meditate. Sometimes it is focusing on all that I am grateful for, sometimes it is just my breath and the different sensations.

I have been able to log this via an app called Insight Timer. The past two weeks I have been really allowing myself to explore what makes me happy. Such as learning new things, nature, and focusing on those activities like Mary Jane Farmgirl Sisterhood that brings me much more joy than Facebook or reality television. I also feel it is more positive.

Wondering how it turned out?

Well lets start with my health.

This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of awareness in the body increases.

On a physical level, meditation:

1. My blood pressure is lower. This was documented with my cardiologist. I am now at a healthy level without medication.

2. Decreased tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems.

3. I also have increased my energy level, I even am walking more and just feel more present in life.

Here are some Personal befits I have found.

Emotional stability has improved. I find myself less irritated with others on social media. Then again I have also been off of Facebook for the last two weeks.

Creativity increased. I have really been more inspired with my art and writing, and the renovations to our home are going much better.

Happiness increased

Intuition seems to be more clear. You know that gut feeling you get. And just by listening to others, I am so much more aware.

Gained clarity and peace of mind! Hey that says it all!

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  07:56:03 AM  Show Profile
That's great! I used to practice MM in college, actually took a few-week class on it that was probably the most interesting thing I did my whole time there. In addition to the benefits you described, when I did it a lot I noticed I slept a lot less but felt a lot more rested. I think it had the same impact on my brain as taking a nap, so I didn't need to spend so much time actually asleep. Interesting stuff.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  12:56:44 PM  Show Profile
I am still very new to MM practice but I did attend a silent retreat which trust me.. I am a chatty one. How cool that felt some of the same things. I read that many scientific studies have been done and it is rather interesting to read!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  6:36:39 PM  Show Profile
I love all the benefits that meditation can cause. Keep up the great work! I looks like meditation has been very beneficial for you on multiple levels!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Relaxation Merit Badge Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page