Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 TreadlePics! MJ created a (good)monster Post yours
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic TreadlePics! MJ created a (good)monster Post yours Next Topic
Page: of 2

GGBQuilter
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

60 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Greetings: I am also smitten with treadle machines! In my sewing machine collection, mostly vintage machines, I have four treadles. My collection is yet to have a coffin style machine. I do have Singer machines with red eye, sphinx, pheasant and lotus decals. I am still identifying a few of the other decals. I do have an electric portable Wilcox & Gibbs. I now have a treadle in my sewing room and I have to make more time to sit and practice, I can stitch for a while and then loose the momentum! I do not name my machines. I have found the best way to clean the silver/chrome pieces is to place them in my Grandmother's aluminum pot with several tablespoons of baking soda; pour enough boiling water to cover all the pieces. Let sit until the water is almost cool and scrub with a small brush. Rinse and dry, magic! I follow Bonnie Hunter's blog and she names her machines and has a link on her web page connecting to photos of all of her machines. I find it interesting that once folks know you sew and collect machines they call you when they see a machine at a yard sale or some just drop machines off at your house!

Gae
Farmgirl #7534
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  6:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have 4 treadle machines - a Singer, a Franklin in a parlor cabinet, a Wabash, and a wilcox and Gibbs. I have not named any machines yet, but think I will call the Wilcox and Gibbs "Gibson Gal."

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic TreadlePics! MJ created a (good)monster Post yours Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page