Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Blake passed away tonight :'(
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Blake passed away tonight :'( Next Topic
Page: of 2

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  03:09:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Back in February I requested prayers for my cousin's nephew, Blake. As a newborn it was discovered he did not have an anus and ended up with a colostomy bag. He also has numerous other issues they are going to have to deal with over the years to come.

Yesterday afternoon, Blake started to have seizures and was turning blue! After multiple seizures in the ER, they finally were able to get him stable enough to transport him to a children's hospital. They are thinking he may have meningitis. They did a spinal tap last night, but I have not heard the results yet.

Please pray for this sweet three month old boy and his family! They have been through so much! please also pray for wisdom for the doctors as they try to figure out what is going on and the best way to treat him!

UPDATE: I just heard from my cousin about Blake... After numerous tests, he has been diagnosed with lissencephaly... also known as smooth brain syndrome. It is terminal. Most children do not live past the age of ten. His is so severe that he will probably never get past 3 to 5 months old developmentally... he is three months old now.

I honestly do not think I can say anything else about it as I have hit the point where I am just not thinking straight. Please please please pray for this baby and his family!

1/17 Update - Blake has been in the hospital for the past couple weeks... He had a heart cath last week and a stent put in. Things were looking better... they tried to take him off the vent... and he coded. THey put him back on and got him stable. They think it is due to pulmonary hypertension. They are going to give him time for that to improve before they try it again...

1/21 Update: Here is the latest update: "The team met with us and they believe giving Blake extra time on the vent to really let his heart and lungs rest to let the veins relax and the arteries to 'remold' will do some good. The have started a new medication for the pulmonary hypertension. We should start to see improvement in a couple weeks. The doctors are amazing. They are with us and stand behind us. We've made it clear that if or when they think Blake is not progressing we will have another talk. Blake is also battling a second infection. He was put back on antibiotics so that is fighting against him. He's struggling with the fluid overload again so a little puffy in his eyes. And sadly he was becoming so agitated when he would wake up, they had to restart the paralytic. But it should be helpful to ensure he is resting and the pulmonary hypertension does not flare up with every move. So the plan is to continue resting for 2.5 to 3 weeks on the vent to try one more time for extubation."

At about 8 PM, EST, Blake passed away. Please continue to pray for his family... his mom Jessie, Dad Steve, and older brother Mason

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Jan 23 2017 7:12:22 PM

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  04:41:39 AM  Show Profile
Praying for all them Shannon.

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1501 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1501 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  06:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Oh no Shannon!!! Any news yet?

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  07:46:21 AM  Show Profile
That's terrible news, keeping the family in my thoughts today.

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  09:42:18 AM  Show Profile
I will be keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers! Please let us know how he is doing.

hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  10:42:29 AM  Show Profile
praying right now!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  10:42:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh how sad. I hope everything will be okay. That little boy is one tough cookie. Keeping him in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  1:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about little Blake. I am praying that the Lord would heal that sweet baby and strengthen him. Also praying for comfort and strength for his parents and the whole family. And peace in knowing that the Lord is in control. I am also praying that the Lord would grant the doctors wisdom and knowledege.

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on May 25 2016 1:46:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  1:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up for Blake. Please, keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:18:03 PM  Show Profile
I just heard from my cousin about Blake... After numerous tests, he has been diagnosed with lissencephaly... also known as smooth brain syndrome. It is terminal. Most children do not live past the age of ten. His is so severe that he will probably never get past 3 to 5 months old developmentally... he is three months old now.

I honestly do not think I can say anything else about it as I have hit the point where I am just not thinking straight. Please please please pray for this baby and his family!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  9:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, they are in my prayers.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile
I pray for peace for your dear dear family. Please know that God's loving arms are wrapped around you and He is with you always!!

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  12:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Prayers continuing.

Blessings

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 26 2016 :  8:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Praying for God's intervention. Blake is perfect in His site. There is power in prayer.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  2:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Thoughts and prayers for sweet Blake and for your family. <3

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone." - Audrey Hepburn

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  8:15:53 PM  Show Profile
Loving thoughts and prayers for baby Blake...

Dreamer42
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  11:33:49 AM  Show Profile
Praying for baby and family.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  6:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon... Blake and all of you who love him are in my prayers. I am so, so sad to hear this news. Please make sure your cousin knows we are all lifting them up in prayer. God bless them... Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  12:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Poor little guy. Sending many prayers.
Shannon, isn't he almost a year old now? Aside from this recent incident how has he been doing? How is his family?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  1:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies!

Krista - he will be a year old next month! He has his really good days, though he is definitely delayed. His family is not doing well at all! THe doctors' last suggestion was to remove his lung on the one side as that is where the pulmonary hypertension is and see if that helps. Basically they are grasping at straws. We are all just kinda numb and drained, but obviously his parents and older brother (Mason is 6) are doing the worst. Masn has not been able to see Blake since he went in the hospital, as a) he is in ICU and b) his parents haven't wanted him to see him with all the tubes and wires in him.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1412 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1412 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  6:40:10 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for all.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  05:01:07 AM  Show Profile
Praying for Blake and his family and doctors.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  12:44:34 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, can they get a second opinion? Removing his lung is a dramatic thing. I would want to see another doctors opinion. Poor little guy. Hopefully he will be home and healthy for his birthday and his brother can see him soon. I feel so bad for them all. This is definitely a tough situation.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2017 :  4:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Praying for Blake and his family and doctors.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  7:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Breaks my heart, praying for a miracle.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2017 :  7:22:47 PM  Show Profile
Here is the latest update: "The team met with us and they believe giving Blake extra time on the vent to really let his heart and lungs rest to let the veins relax and the arteries to 'remold' will do some good. The have started a new medication for the pulmonary hypertension. We should start to see improvement in a couple weeks. The doctors are amazing. They are with us and stand behind us. We've made it clear that if or when they think Blake is not progressing we will have another talk. Blake is also battling a second infection. He was put back on antibiotics so that is fighting against him. He's struggling with the fluid overload again so a little puffy in his eyes. And sadly he was becoming so agitated when he would wake up, they had to restart the paralytic. But it should be helpful to ensure he is resting and the pulmonary hypertension does not flare up with every move. So the plan is to continue resting for 2.5 to 3 weeks on the vent to try one more time for extubation."

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Blake passed away tonight :'( Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page