True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Eileen
Holden MA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2019 :  1:57:42 PM  Show Profile
Kim,

I read Lost Roses. It was great. I liked it even better than Lilac Girls. Last month I attended a talk given by the author, Martha Hall Kelley, and was able to meet her and have her sign my book afterwards. She's a very gracious person. It was a real treat!

Eileen

https://www.eileenofinlan.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2019 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm a huge fan of James Patterson. I love the Alex Cross series. I'm hooked on his books.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  10:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Ladies--- I am reading the new 2019 book about Lizzie Borden. I finally understand how she did it---I think---all us college girls loved the Elizabeth Montgomery movie in college---and I got hooked. OMG--- I hope I wasn't Lizzie in a past life---LOL> It turns out Elizabeth Montgomery was a distant cousin to Lizzie---freaky or what? Happy Halloween!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2019 :  7:39:48 PM  Show Profile
That is freaky, Barbara. I will have to check into the new Lizzie Borden book. I have watched the movie a couple of times.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2019 :  2:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies---I grew tired of Lizzie Borden and have moved on to Christmas stories and Fannie Flagg. always reading---sometimes two books at once. My love of reading may be a curse---I read everything I see.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  4:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, I love Fannie Flag! I have read all of her books. I own one signed copy!
Connie#3392
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  3:38:08 PM  Show Profile
I enjoy reading Nora Ephron. When I was in a thrift store recently I found a copy of my favorite book, "I Feel Bad About My Neck." I gave my last copy to my daughter.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2021 :  6:35:47 PM  Show Profile
I am just starting a new book by one of my all time favorite authors -- Isabel Allende. The book is "The Soul of a Woman". Sounds like it will be very inspiring. I'll let you know.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1753 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1753 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2021 :  07:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Just finished excellent book by Kristen Hannah "Four Winds". It was a wonderful read and I recommend it highly. Love reading and luckily have a nearby library open. Also found a thrift store that sells books for 25cents. Happy reading.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2021 :  08:55:53 AM  Show Profile
I have read all of her books. I consider her one of my all-time favorite authors. I had recommended "Four Winds" on the FEED SACK swaps pages and hope several Farmgirls read it. She really captures the resilience of women under the harshest of circumstances, doesn't she . . .
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  8:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Just finished the Guernsey literary and potato Peel pie society, great read. Just read the letters, don't try and focus too much on who each letter was to and from like I did at first, the story will flow!

My new book Im starting today is titled: recipe for a sacred life. Includes true stories and a few miracles!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2681 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2681 Posts

Posted - May 29 2021 :  11:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Just finished: Recipes for a sacred life! Great collection of recipes for love, life, and lessons learned! Witty, too!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2021 :  4:52:41 PM  Show Profile
Finished Churchills Secret Messenger a few weeks ago. Started The Moonshiners Daughter last night. Other than that, going through some canning books.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  2:16:09 PM  Show Profile
I just finished reading the label on my Aloe~mango juice jar!!!
snorks-n-giggles!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1753 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1753 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2021 :  12:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Just finished Fannie flagged book the wonder boy for book club, and now the book of lost names for book club. Happy reading.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2021 :  12:24:55 PM  Show Profile
I'm reading two books. Ancient Remedies by Dr. Josh Axe for my body and The Book of Mysteries by Jonathan Cahn for my spiritual life.

FarmGirl Hugs, Sara
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 2014
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Granny of 10
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Linda
Salina KS
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2021 :  09:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Andrea,I read Churchills Secret Messenger last year. It was a good book and I enjoyed it so much.I want to read more from this author

We live by Faith,not by Sight 2Corinthians5:7
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2021 :  09:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, I would like to read more from this author too. I will be checking the book store next time I am out.

Not sure if this is the right place for this comment. The latest issue of MaryJanes Farm mentions the movie The Biggest Little Farm. I watched this movie on a plane. A local farm sponsored this movie at the local theatre and I wasn't able to go so I was happy to find it on a flight that actually had movies. This is a great movie. While I was watching it the woman next to me started asking questions about it. Had to take the ear buds out to tell her what was going on. LOL

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2021 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile
Recently learned how to use the library app called Libby -- Awesome. My first "borrowed" Kindle book was "The Little Paris Book Store" by Nina George. What a great read -- part love story, self help book, cookbook, French travelogue and grief counselor all rolled into one delightful novel. Check it out.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
Sharpshooter

347 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  11:02:42 PM  Show Profile
I am currently reading "Shackleton: A Biography" by Ranulph Fiennes. It is truly inspiring to read about some of these early explorers and their fight for survival. They endured freezing temperatures, a perilous lifeboat journey through the ice-strewn sea, and a punishing march across the South Georgia glaciers to seek the one slim chance they had of rescue. I really enjoy biographies about such adventurers. Another book that I absolutely loved was "Dead Lucky: Life after death on Mount Everest" by Lincoln Hall. It is Lincoln Hall's own account of climbing Everest during a deadly season in which eleven people perished on the world's highest mountain.

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2021 :  11:51:13 PM  Show Profile
I have just finished reading a marvelous book, "The Storyteller of Casablanca"by Fiona Valpy. It has two heroines -- Josie, a 12-year old who tells her story through writing in a journal during 1941 while she and her family await visa papers from Casablanca to America and get involved with the French resistance efforts. The second is Zoe, an ex-pat transplanted to Morocco from England in 2010 due to her husband's work transfer. She harbors secrets including a dysfunctional marriage and a compulsive disorder based on a dark secret. She finds some solace when she discovers Josie's 70-year old hidden journal and starts on a quest to find out what happened to the young refugee during those war torn years. Her search takes her through new friendships, volunteer work in a support center for women and children escaping from the ravages of African unrest, and the discovery of a newfound craft -- quilting. All in all, a mesmerizing read.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2021 :  12:08:14 PM  Show Profile
I just started reading Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff. The author tries to separate fact from fiction - not easy.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2021 :  07:47:12 AM  Show Profile
Currently reading "Taste" by Stanley Tucci. It's very good! He talks about his life as it revolves around food. So good!!!

~Farmgirl Sister #986~
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  4:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone, been awhile since I've been here. I have been reading Gladys Taber's Stillmeadow Calendar. I LOVE her books and want to purchase Harvest at Stillmeadow to read and add to my collection...but it is rare and I can't find a copy. Her books are so relaxing to me. Wonderful reading after a long days work!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

jakemollycamper
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Carol
Liberty Center Oh
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2022 :  6:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Reading The Nesting Place. Love that’s it’s helping me make this house my home

Laughter is Good Medicine.
Go to Top of Page