Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Merit Badge Suggestions 2016 & 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Merit Badge Suggestions 2016 & 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wormie
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Ellen
Harpers Ferry WV
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  08:42:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, attention to detail has never been a strong suit of mine.
I was going through the list of merit badges and see that there is one strictly devoted to bees and yet another that includes bees in it! I do apologize for not reading more closely. Great badges, by the way! Thank you, MaryJane from this farmgirl!
quote:
Originally posted by Wormie

quote:
Originally posted by Wormie

Hello Farmgirl Sisters! Returning Farmgirl here.

I have two suggestions for new badges...

How about a Chainsaw Use and Safety badge? I did not see one in the list although I may easily have missed it. I have a lovely little Stihl but I wish I had more confidence in using it.

How about a Preserve our Pollinators Badge? I'm a beekeeper and I'm acutely aware of the sad state of affairs when it comes to supporting our pollinators, be they honeybees or the myriad of wild pollinators that exist. Not everyone wants to keep an apiary, of course, but there are many ways to provide a welcoming place for wild pollinators. Examples would be making a mason bee house or nurturing the dandelions in one's lawn rather than removing them (in many areas they are the first food available for bees in the early Spring).

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  09:11:44 AM  Show Profile
Winnie? I was looking for badges to support that. I planted an organic wildflower bee friendly garden as well as building a mason bee house and would live to receive my first ever badges based on my love for bees! Can't afford the hives yet but we are working towards it! :)

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Ginger Dawn
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Ginger
Inwood WV
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  12:26:18 PM  Show Profile
How about Stained glass or Glass fusing... could even call it Looking through Glass.. or Through the Looking Glass...

Be cute to see Mary Jane dressed up as Alice in Wonderland and golly I might just have to reread that book and create a Farmgirl sisterhood stained glass window!

Edited by - Ginger Dawn on Jul 18 2017 12:52:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Wormie
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Ellen
Harpers Ferry WV
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  3:57:25 PM  Show Profile
Suny58 (Dianna), the two badges with bee stuff that I found were in the Garden Gate category. One was Secret Life of Bees and the second was Bee Good to Your Mother Earth. Awesome!

Edited by - Wormie on Jul 18 2017 4:12:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  4:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Ginger..love the idea of a stained glass or glass crafting badge. There are so many wonderful crafts that we all do.. I would enjoy seeing individual badges for
Some of these.
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2017 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks tons Ellen!!!

Farmgirl #7703
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  04:14:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh My... we need a Merit Badge for Drawing and Painting.

Maybe even 2 Separate Badges...Perhaps we have Farm Girls that are skilled in both areas.

Painting - Water color, Oil painting, Acrylics, Mixed media, etc.
Drawing - Pencil, Pen and Ink, Architecture, etc

Any thoughts, Ladies?
Have a Great FG kind of day.
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2017 :  1:41:23 PM  Show Profile
I think those are great ideas. I am not good at drawing or that kind of painting but I bet many other Farmgirl Sisters would enjoy participating in those badges!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Merit Badge Suggestions 2016 & 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page