gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  10:14:21 AM  Show Profile
I just started and was wondering if anyone was active with it and if they have loved it or hated it, And most of all does it work?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  12:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Diana,
You might send an email to Sharon Demers (Calicogirl) as I know she has done Weight Watchers in the past.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  4:09:30 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I am doing Weight Watchers. I still use the old system though. I just couldn't get the hang of the new one. Then again, I have been doing it for sometime so I think it may be a newer one now. It does work. I reached my goal and unfortunately thought I could do it on my own. But I gained the weight back. Each time I have used it I have lost the weight. It is a lifestyle change and it helps me to continue to stay on after I reach my goal so I have accountability.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2016 :  6:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear I have dropped a few pounds and already feel better.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

janjones68
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Jan
Spokane Valley WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2016 :  08:18:24 AM  Show Profile
Today is my weigh in after one week. I have a lot to lose so would love a fellow WW (or 10)to commiserate with and encourage.

janjones
Starting each day as a new beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  10:07:20 AM  Show Profile
I am on WW. Just a couple of weeks into it and am soooo happy with my progress! I had done the old program, too, but I really LOVE the new Smart Points. I am doing the whole thing online and have the app on my phone and on my iPad. I can enter just about any food and get the Smart Points right on my phone. There's a barcode reader, too, which I take to the grocery store to check out packaged foods.

We have always tried to eat healthy -- dinner is always lean protein and some veggies -- very rarely do sauces. We had given up wine a few weeks ago, which has helped my weight loss, too.

I think this new program is even better than the old one. It really encourages us to eat food that is good for us, but in reasonable amounts. It even allows "extra" points for wiggle room -- when life happens!

I am down over 7 pounds and have not had any trouble staying on plan!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2016 :  10:47:55 AM  Show Profile
So I would love to hear -- Jan, Diana --- are you still on WW?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2016 :  10:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Down 38.6 pounds and loving it.
I am trying for 40 pounds and will get there soon.

I love it.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile
I was really hoping for my first 10-pound loss at my Monday morning weigh in, but missed it by a few tenths. This morning made up for it, though, and I am down 10.6 pounds in 3 weeks. Still have 30 to go, but I am on my way and wearing some smaller jeans already.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2016 :  06:51:30 AM  Show Profile
I have reached my goal weight and am loving life. We just had our County fair with all the fair food I fell off the wagon a bit but I know that when I got back into the program the weight would go away I have a couple of pounds to lose before weigh in on Wednesday but know I will make it. Best thing I ever did. Keep up the good work. Have you tried the cabbage soup No points and tasty very tasty.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  06:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Diana (see how I worked the little song in there? ha ha) Do you have the recipe for the cabbage soup? When I was on WW many years ago, that was a staple all winter, but I lost all those recipes! I would love to have it, if you do.

I weigh myself every morning, which keeps me motivated and focused. As of this morning, I am down 10.8. I still have about 30 to go, but I know that WW is the best (and really only) way to go. It's all about healthy habits, isn't it?

So when you get to goal, how do you get to lifetime? And I am wondering if I will ever get lifetime, since I am online only -- nobody to weigh me in officially, and all that.

But for now, I am really enjoying the WW lifestyle and especially fitting into my old jeans!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  07:47:08 AM  Show Profile
3 cups nonfat chicken broth Beef or veg broth can be used I like chicken
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 yellow onion
2 cup chopped carrot
2 cup green beans
2 cup chopped zucchini
2 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoon oregano
salt & pepper

I saute all the veggies and Spices then add the broth and tomato paste. Heat till warm and eat.

I will add 3ozs of chicken that I have cooked in the crock pot and shredded also still only 2 points.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Sep 21 2016 07:47:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2016 :  08:10:34 AM  Show Profile
THANK YOU!!!!! I have been looking for this. Now bring on the cooler weather.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  06:29:00 AM  Show Profile
As of this morning, I am down exactly 13 pounds. Feeling great and wearing some jeans that I couldn't squeeze into a month ago.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  06:44:17 AM  Show Profile
I really like the effect of the diet/lifechange I like feeling good and energetic again.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2016 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile
It is pretty amazing how much difference I can feel with just the first few pounds off. I see the people on the Connect chatboards on the online app, and I see people who have lost 100 pounds or more -- it must be like having an entirely new life!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  10:29:56 AM  Show Profile
WW seems to be the only thing that works for me but I hate knowing I will be keeping track of points forever. I have done WW, reached my goal became a lifetime member and gained all of it back andmore. I really need something that will help longterm. WW works until Ireach goal and then I get tired of keeping track.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2016 :  1:29:22 PM  Show Profile
I know what you are saying but I think If you just keep a mental picture of the points it will help.We all know our downfalls and I love that I can have them but in moderation and not all the time. My biggest problem is portion control. I think If I keep that in check I will be able to keep the weight off.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile
Went down south for a family wedding. Flew down on Thursday and back on Sunday. There was so much food and so much drink all around me all the time, but I managed to track pretty much everything. I had a small glass of champagne for the toast at the rehearsal dinner, but no other alcohol. No cake. It was sort of tough to get all my water in, because I try not to drink much when I'm traveling -- too hard to find a bathroom! So my Monday morning weigh-in was a source of some concern -- but I managed to lose 3 pounds for the week!!! I am calling it a success, but it's good to be back into my normal routine.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Yes it is I love this program and the weight loss I am having.
I think it just gives me a little nudge to save your points for what you really really want.

Congrats
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  06:04:30 AM  Show Profile
I cracked a new weight "decade" this morning. Just barely -- but I am a tiny bit below the 160s for the first time in a couple of years. Feels wonderful. I tend to have lots of points left at the end of the day and I was feeling peckish last night. Rummaging through the cupboard I found a new big box of raisins. I ate 1/4 cup of them for 6 points. A while later I was trying to use up my last 5 points of the day -- a piece of toast with PB2 peanut butter and another 1/8 cup of raisins!!! Might be my new "go-to" bedtime snack. It was yummy (unless you hate raisins and/or peanut butter!)

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  09:54:17 AM  Show Profile
Is anyone still hanging in there with WW? I am down 24 pounds and very VERY happy!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  10:37:55 AM  Show Profile
HI all, I'm on WW. I'm down 10 since October 1st. It was 11, but dang that holiday anyway. I confess I'm feeling the plateau and the Xmas season is fast approaching. It is KILLING me not to have a yummy now and again. I know, I know, I CAN....but one piece of pumpkin pie is 11 points. holy smokes. And Cookies, how am I going to get through cookies??? I'm a little stressed out about it.

-- Andrea #7230

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. - Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile
I am down 40 lbs and have reached my goal and a lifetime subscriptions If I can keep the weight off. I don't plan on putting it back on will still go to the meetings as they are fun and I really get a lot out of them.Andrea the the thing I love about WW is the the give yourself a break yes a piece of pumpkin pie is 11 points but a 1/2 a piece is 5 and and 1/8 is 3 eat an eight be satisfied. Eat a cookie savor a cookie count it and move on.

Good luck
I am loving WW.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:24:06 AM  Show Profile
I did little pumpkin pecan tarts for Thanksgiving. Used wonton wrappers as "crusts" in the mini-muffin pans. The recipe was on WW Online during Thanksgiving week, but it's probably still there. I am strictly online, but when I get closer to goal I may do meetings for a while so I can HOPEFULLY achieve Lifetime. I did meetings in the past, but I just don't have one really convenient (we are not in a big town) and I don't like to go out in the evening. I love online, though. I really depend on "Connect," too. I do miss Weight Watchers Magazine -- is it still available? There were always such good recipes in there.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  06:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is my "official" weigh-in. Not sure how official it is, since I am online only, but I track Saturday mornings. I weigh myself every morning, just to keep focused and to stay motivated. As of this morning, I am down 24.7 -- so close to 25 pounds lost that I can taste it. I will probably NOT taste it, however, since I don't know how many points that would cost me! ha ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Anyone doing Weight Watchers? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page