Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Wanted: fake plastic credit cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: fake plastic credit cards Next Topic  

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Okay I'm going to give this a go here.. I asked on freecycle and they all thought I was some sort of credit card scammer and I was nearly booted! lol

I'm looking for the plastic credit cards that come with the credit solicitations. These have been harder to find since most are switching over now to card board credit cards.

** I don't want any that have your real (current or expired) credit card number or name! Most say "John Smith" or "Your Name Here" followed by a fake number. **

I'm trying to create an art quilt. I'm punching holes in them and threading them together with jewelry wire. I'm calling it a "(False) Security Blanket" when it's done! ;)

If anyone can help me out that would be great. :)

Thanks,
Babs

Country Egg
www.countryegg.com

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  10:52:06 AM  Show Profile
Ooh, I will send you some. Your idea is better than mine, I was punching a hole in them and putting them on a keychain for my toddler nephew to play with. We get a ton at the office where I work.

Send me an email with your address and I will start sending them your way, okay?

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  11:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Just got a stack in the mail and haven't tossed them yet. They are yours.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

http://blissnblossomfarm.etsy.com
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

www.blissnblossomfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  10:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Coolness, thanks girls!

Babs
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  09:55:38 AM  Show Profile
Do you still need more cards? I will see if I have any but we also teach a personal finance class and will have our students save their cards for you also. I would love a photo of the blanket when you are done.
Love your idea!
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  11:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Emily,
Yes, I really need as many as I can get my hands on. This is my fair project for 2007.
It's about 18" x 15" or so right now and I'd like to have a fairly substantial 3' to 4' foot wall quilt by the time I'm done. I can see it in my head. :) If you like, I'd be happy to loan you the blanket after the fair (provided I find enough cards to finish it). I think it would make a really cool visual aid regarding how easy it is to get trapped in credit card debt.

Babs
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  11:22:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll start gathering the cards for you. I think that it is a great project. Have you ever heard of Dave Ramsey? If not check out his website (www.daveramsey.com). You would love it. I'm sure if you emailed him a photo of the finished blanket he would talk about on his radio show and maybe even post it on his website. Once I get a bunch gathered after the holidays, I'll get your mailing address.
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  05:52:45 AM  Show Profile
Babs, I came up with a few but they're pretty much clear (see through) are you interested in these also?

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Yep! They create a neat abscence of color, kind of like piecing white into a quilt. :)

Email me when you are ready, for my mailing address, and make sure yours is on the envelope so I can send you something back! :)

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  10:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Babs, what a cool hip idea! Love the quilt name, and if I have any I will send them along; too. This will create a lot of interest at the fair I betcha! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  10:46:18 AM  Show Profile
Babs,
I sent you a few of these but will be happy to keep sending them as they come in. Is it OK to send in batches of 5 or so at a time or would you prefer getting them onesy, twosey, on a weekly basis or so?

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile
I get them too so if you still need some I'll save them for you. I think I may have a few. I use them sometimes to keep my daughter busy while I'm shopping...that way she stops asking to have my real card. Send me an address to send them to and I'll be happy to get some for you.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Wanted: fake plastic credit cards Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page