Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 HIp and left buttock issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic HIp and left buttock issues Next Topic  

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2016 :  5:38:44 PM  Show Profile
As if I don't have enough health issues, about a week and half ago I leaned down and my left buttock felt like a muscle tore. It was so painful. I babied it along and it got better. Then today I leaned down to look at some weeds in my whiskey barrel and felt this very painful rip in the left buttock again. I had a x-ray of the hip Friday and will hopefully hear if anything is amiss soon. But, this felt more like a muscle issues, not bone. Anyone have this happen or know what it might be. I took a pain pill and on the couch, not the way I want to spend the day. So frustrated.........

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  08:02:50 AM  Show Profile
Hopefully it is just a pulled muscle. There are some yoga poses that really open up the hips, but only after the x-ray says you're ok.

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  1:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Goodness, I hope it is nothing serious. Sounds like it felt kind of scary. Prayers that it is just a loose spring and you will feel better soon.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  5:39:25 PM  Show Profile
Diane, love the term "loose spring". LOL
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2016 :  10:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Ken, I hope you are better now, but I wanted to mention a tenns unit. I use mine frequently. I bought it at Wallgreens. It has pads that sort of stick to your skin. Leads attach and run from each pad up to the little control. I believe it uses AAA batteries and they last pretty good. It has saved me many times.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.
www.etsy.com/shop/
anniemayme
Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  08:28:32 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, thanks I have used a tens unit. It worked some what. I use a hot rice bag and find it as effective. I am really looking for the fix. There has to be something causing this. Currently doing a new protocol and hoping it helps. Frustrating, suppose to be in the 60s today and I am not perking very fast. Want to get outside and work on my pickup. Maybe I can for a while anyway.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  08:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Kem...that's a long time since January to have to put up with this pain. Did you ever get an answer from your Dr. re your pain? I know you like to be outside. Hugs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  09:00:01 AM  Show Profile
I hope its nothing serious and you start to feel better soon. I just experienced a similar issue with a muscle that attaches to my lower rib cage and it was so painful every time I moved. It also kept coming back after it felt like it was healed. It was so frustrating not to be able to do anything without discomfort. I finally had xrays but there was nothing torn so I ended up resting a lot and then using yoga and gentle strength exercises to regain normal motion after the inflammation went down. The PT said in my case some muscles around the one I pulled may have been weak and needed to be strengthened. Her recommendations worked like a charm and I'm back to feeling normal again although doing a lot more stretches and exercises before and after work and/or gardening now to prevent reinjuring it. I found alternating heat and ice to be the most soothing. I was able to manage my pain with Aleve and Arnicare spray so luckily I didn't have to use pain meds. The best advice I can offer is to not to push yourself too much until it is thoroughly healed....as hard as I know that is! Good luck!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2016 :  3:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Kem, I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted. I tore a muscle in my shoulder years ago trying to start the push mower. It took six months to get back to normal.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  8:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Been a while, but finally passed a kidney stone and that took care of a lot of my issues. Still have some, but not near as many issues. I am going to a chiro that also does alternative stuff too. It seems to help a lot. He has my hernia calmed down. That is huge to me. Not a bit of pain with it now.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  04:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Kem, glad to hear some of your issue is resolved. Have you ever tried Reiki?

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  06:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I did Reiki in AZ while I was visiting my mom. It did not help much but felt things I had never felt before.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  09:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kem,

I'm so glad you are getting relief from your illness. I know what that means to folks like us with Lyme disease.

Farmgirl sister #308
Book Lover Gifts:
Etsy Shops:
http://www.marketsofsunshine.com/p/member-classifieds.html
Free Bible Research
www.jw.org
Improve your health without pills:
www.mjaramillo.bemergroup.com
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  10:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Kristi's suggestion is a good one. I've had off and on severe pain for over 10 years in my right hip, and once various doctors ruled out anything structural or dangerous, I've used stretching and yoga poses to keep it in check. I'm assuming I pulled a muscle doing something stupid (I was in college after all) and that it never healed properly. Hip stretches also help me with lower back pain.

Here are some of my favorites:
http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Basic-Stretches-Tight-Hips-3130483?crlt.pid=camp.iT8kADy7oof7#photo-3130483

The first pose looks intimidating, and I can't do it myself, but the rest of them should be safe to do to a lesser degree if flexibility is an issue.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic HIp and left buttock issues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page