Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 How to Get the Most Out of 2016 Jubilee
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic How to Get the Most Out of 2016 Jubilee Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  12:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Gracie,
Love it! Hope it doesn't soak you too much!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  3:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Love it, Grace. I don't have a banner but now I'm inspired to m make one for next year. Another UFO!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm not a baker so I won't be taking fresh baked bread to a neighbor, but today I had the opportunity to reach out to a neighbor, around the corner, who I do not know.

Habitat for Humanity is painting their house and doing repairs. I took a 16 8oz pack of cold water over to them. I met the woman who is head of H for H here in Paris. Also met the woman in charge of this project. I just love meeting positive powerful women.

Oh yes, I wore an apron. Been working in the kitchen so I just left it on.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  11:15:19 AM  Show Profile
As you can see I am the proud recipient of a chicken egg-pron from Karla. She sent it to me knowing our Tractor Supply farm store did not carry them. This is a way for her to share her Jubilee celebration. Thank you so much, Karla! I love it! I don't have chickens at this time; but, I did gather an organic egg from a carton in the fridge. (You can see it peeking from the right end, middle row pocket. lol) It is so sweet of you to share!

Yesterday I picked violets and dandelions to make Jubilee jellies for Karla! I will wait for my order of Chill-Over powder to arrive. So, it will be a couple of weeks for her to get the finished product. What a fun Jubilee celebration!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Judith, FarmGirls are the best. The chicken apron looks great on you. I want to know about violets and dandelions jelly. Sounds like something I would like to try.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  4:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Judith,
CUTE apron! Karla is such a sweetheart!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  8:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Judith, your apron is super cute!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  03:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Judith, you look great in your new apron!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  09:00:10 AM  Show Profile
awww. All thanks go to Karla!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  6:14:55 PM  Show Profile
This is for all my farm girl sisters who may not be here celebrating with me in person, but you are all here in spirit.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2016/05/20160508_131930.jpg?v=7979590[/IMG

My banner was hung.

My table is set for a Farm Girl Tea.

Edited by - hoosiercountry on May 08 2016 6:22:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  6:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Your tea looks wonderful, Karla! I'm sure everyone had a fantastic time!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  6:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith, my first time having a tea. It went well. It does not show well in the picture but I put flower looking cupcakes in clay flower pots with little garden tools. I can't get the picture of the chair to post right, but I meant the chair to represent a place for all farm girl sisters. That was my favorite thing. FYI the apron looks cute on you, glad you like it. Loved the swap. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  7:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Lovely, Karla, just lovely! I'm sure your guests had a WONDERFUL time!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 08 2016 7:31:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  06:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Wonderful aprons, banners, and tea parties. Just wonderful. I hope everyone enjoyed their Jubilee weekend. It sure looks like it. Makes my heart happy.

Ours wasn't as festive as last year, more a mix of work, play, and worry. It's been 20 years since a predator went after my chickens but I lost seven of them early Friday morning. (Young pack of juvenile coyotes out carousing in the early morning right after I'd let my hens out.) One of them was still alive so Nick and I doctored her. We pulled feathers out of her puncture wounds and disinfected them, but even so she didn't end up making it. Her name was Jellybean and she was one that my grandgirls had raised.

Plus Lucas and Mia got food poisoning so some of our plans were dashed. Meg and I did manage to install three 3# packages of new bees into our new honey hives.

Brian and Ashley painted some of our abandoned combine tires in bright colors for planters and made the girls a permanent hopscotch area using flat cinder blocks.

And we did get plenty of campfire time. In fact, I fell asleep curled around it.

Also, I got to do what I love best. I planted dahlias, potatoes, and green beans.

Sweet hubby brought home new baby chicks to replace those we'd lost. Baby chicks tuck into an egg gathering apron perfectly. Also, I'm happy to report that so far we've sold close to 100 apron patterns. There's going to be lots of gathering going on!

And my girls gave milk as usual.

Here's a little Jubilee "flower" arrangement I put together this weekend. The rusty old stock tank sits upside down atop a new septic tank we need easy access to. But it needed some kind of deterrent because everyone keeps driving over that little area (not a good thing for a septic tank). So sunny son Brian planted some ground cover around it (yellowish leaves w/purple flowers like lavender called catmint) and I fussed with my collection of vintage watering cans. All of it is easily dismantled (the watering cans can collect rain water in the summer but will have to be hibernated in the winter).

Enjoy your day. Gotta go, it's time to milk again!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  09:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear about the loss of your chickens and food poisoning. I hope things are back to normal for you soon. You definitely had a working weekend.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Just lovely everyone!!! Except the food poisoning and chickens... :(

I didn't get to meet with other farm girls, but I did spend the weekend on our NEW FARM!!!!!!! We CLOSED!!!!! Too excited to get all going! lol!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FOTM May 2016
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It was a very low key weekend for me. Still dealing with health challenges with something else my neighbor calls "Mancos crud" superimposed on it. It was a chilly, rainy (with snow flurries) weekend . . .still is! Things are looking very lush and green but I'm really weary of the wind and the mud!!
However, I received that beautiful bouquet of flowers from Karla, a lovely pink tea rose plan from my son for Mothers Day, had a wonderful phone conversation with my daughter (she's 400 miles away)
some good grub cooked by my hubby. We did go out to the Enterprise Bar and Grill in Rico, Colorado (mining town) for great burgers and then I took a walk into the campground where my daughter and I have reservations for glamping in the middle of June. This campground is not open yet and it is at an elevation of about 9000 ft. My purpose was to check out how the snow melt off was looking. There's still quite a bit of snow to melt off but our campsite is clear . . . You can't drive to it yet because of snow on the road, but I'm hopeful! We'll go do another look-see the end of May and see how it's looking then. It's a really nice campground that's not too big, the sites are roomy and some of them have electrical hookups. We spent four days there last summer and it was nice!

This morning I went with hubby to check on cows, make sure their water tub was full and muck through the mud to walk my 4 miles with my dog . . . we came back muddy and Bramble had to be hosed off! We need to till the garden, mow the lawn and stain the deck, but not in the rain!
CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 09 2016 10:26:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Mary Jane,
I'm sooooo sorry for the loss of your chickens and family members being sick. Sitting around a campfire sounds delightful . . . hope to do that soon!
CJ

P.S. We have so many predators (bears, mountain lions, coyotes, skunks, dogs, etc., etc) and that is one reason why I don't have chickens right now. Wishing you the best!

Edited by - ceejay48 on May 09 2016 10:28:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Wow, MaryJane! What a busy Jubilee you had. I'm so sorry about your chickens! That really was sweet of Nick to bring home chicks. Sounds like something my DH would do.
It looks like you have the "cadillac" of bee hives! Sure hope your bees make it
Love your septic tank cover! Leave it to you to be creative with even that!
Do you milk cows smell sweet? I remember gpa's milk cows always had a sweet smelling breath.
Finally, nothing can beat a campfire nap! Thank you for sharing.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Judith, my girls' breath sends me to the moon. It smells like a mix of molasses and new mown grass. Funny that you would know that-- remember that. But it's so true. I go in for lots of kisses.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  4:08:14 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, I have many wonderful memories of my childhood visits to the farm. My hubby just had to tell that I was remembering the smell of the silage the cows ate. Excuse me. I know what they eat. (and what goes in does come out and fills the air). However, I also remember calf kisses and prefer to romanticize!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  6:37:04 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane, so sorry to hear about your chickens, but congrats on the new chicks and bees. Sounds like things are going strong on the farm :)

I'm thinking about making May a full month of Jubilee, cause I've been away from the sisterhood for so long and its just so good to be back! I have iris bulbs to plant in honor of National Iris Day this past weekend, and I'll keep my banner out on the lamppost on sunny days. I've got peas coming up and starter plants to go in my garden, and new window boxes to fill for my little front porch. And I'll be hanging laundry in my laundry day apron now that the weather is shaping up in upstate New York. So many Farmgirl things to do :) Yup, a full month of Jubilee for me!

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147
2009 Farmgirl of the Year

Not your average Girl ;-)

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:20:39 PM  Show Profile
Such adventures! Alicia, I am so excited that you got your farm!
Mary Jane, coyotes took 8 chickens from the folks next door. They put up a substantial chicken tractor. Now the new hens won't be attacked from the ground or the air. Lucky for us, we get the benefit of the eggs. Those hives look like state of the art. Good luck with the bees. I hope those with food poisoning are recovering well..
Our Jubille celebration is next Sunday for a tea and croquet get-together.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Carrie, I'm kinda with you. Since I've been sick for a week and the weather was so wet and cold this past weekend, I think I'll try to make more out of Jubilee for the rest of May! Hoping to get our garden tilled tomorrow and get some seeds planted soon. Too early for plants as there is generally a late freeze the first week of June.

Here's to more May Jubilee!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  11:46:26 AM  Show Profile
Same here, Carrie..the month of May it is! I'm not ready to say "good bye" to Jubilee yet!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic How to Get the Most Out of 2016 Jubilee Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page