GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  04:39:16 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ambrosia!! Thrilled to have you join our little chat group :) I'd love to hear about you!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  5:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to our little group Ambrosia! It's wonderful to have another join. Do tell us about yourself!

So ladies... I bought a new car today. Must say I am super excited!! We went around with only intentions on test driving and left with my dream car! I did cry a little when we left the lot because we traded in my old car, but at the same time I was super excited! What an eventful day!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  5:27:04 PM  Show Profile
What kind did you buy? How long did you have your old car?

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  1:29:40 PM  Show Profile
I bought a GMC Acadia and traded in my GMC Envoy. We were in need of a car with 3 rows otherwise I would have just kept my Envoy. We had our Envoy for 4 years and it was my baby. They lady we bought it from was a family friend and she never drove it. It only had 35,000 miles. As of yesterday we only put 30,000 miles on it ourselves. Our new one is very fancy and is taking me some time to get use to but I love it!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  1:34:48 PM  Show Profile
This is my new GMC Acadia!!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile
It looks beautiful, Krista!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  12:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Joyce! I think so too! I can't stop smiling.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  12:17:42 PM  Show Profile
Joyce, have you heard from Erin or anyone else? Seems super quite again.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2017 :  5:26:01 PM  Show Profile
I’ve heard from Erin and know she is super busy and limiting internet use right now. I haven’t heard from anyone else though.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2017 :  06:20:29 AM  Show Profile
So, I was actually about to check in here, and then my internet stopped working! You know, it really was probably a good thing though. It allowed me to focus on things I really needed to get done. It is frustrating though that it constantly stops working. Frontier (our internet provider) oversold our area, so it happens a lot. :(

Hello Ambrosia! What a beautiful name! :)

Krista that is so exciting that you got a new car! It looks awesome! Also I have to comment on the background of your first picture. Being from flat farmland Indiana, the terrain looks very dramatic!

Erin
Sister #3762
Farmgirl of the Month ~ March 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  3:17:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry Erin. I bet that becomes a pain sometimes. Glad to hear everything is good with you. Thanks Erin! I am loving my new car. And my oldest is too. Every time we walk to the garage he says wow! I can't help but laugh and I tell him yep it's still here. The picture was taken at my moms house. My house is father away from the mountains and I miss it. During the summer my dad and I would hike that mountain numerous times. Being up on top and seeing everything is absolutely stunning. There is only about another block above their house and then it's all mountain, no more houses. I bet looking at your terrain would be a dramatic change for me as well!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  04:22:43 AM  Show Profile
It's all farmland grids here! Don't get me wrong, that can be quite pretty most of the year. Around this time of the year and within the next month, after they harvest, it will be flat muddy looking brown fields. Although when wheat is planted in the fall, like it was in the field behind our house last year, it looks nice. It's weird to see snow falling everywhere and a bright green field behind your house!

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  12:02:31 PM  Show Profile
I bet watching the snow fall is beautiful with all the land. We only have houses around us, so I imagine the best I can. You will have to share a picture of that sometime! I would love to see what you see.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  08:27:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh sure! I will definitely share pictures! :) We all should! It would be fun to see the different seasons from all over the continent.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  08:58:25 AM  Show Profile
Yes, we should :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  11:57:31 AM  Show Profile
That's a great idea Erin! I would love to see the seasons like you guys do!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2017 :  3:47:38 PM  Show Profile
I'm very ignorant of the climate in Utah, Krista. What are your seasons like? Not very different?

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  11:35:46 AM  Show Profile
That's okay! So am I. I honestly didn't even know you guys had snow until you said so. Well our seasons are very typical. Spring is cooler weather in like the 60s. What I call jacket weather. Then summer is warm and hot. We typically get into the 90s with the occasional 100. Fall ends up back into the 60s and 50s. And then winter we have snow and temps in the 30s and sometimes colder. So here we own everything from flip flops and tank tops to snow boots and heavy winter jackets. Is that what you were asking? Is that how your seasons are?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  12:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Today is actually a really cold day. It's 55 degrees but we have pretty bad winds which makes it even colder. I can feel winter in the air already. Makes the holidays seem more legit when it's this cold. I remember going trick or treating in the snow when I was a child! If we have a warm or no snow Christmas it's feels wrong. It doesn't feel like it's Christmas. I would have a hard time moving somewhere that didn't have snow!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2017 :  1:16:44 PM  Show Profile
That sounds very similar to the weather we have. I feel the same way about Christmas. I think last year we had a warm Christmas. It never seems right.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  11:17:07 AM  Show Profile
It really doesn't. And it seems like each year it gets worse. We seem to have less and less snow each year and that makes me sad. My fingers are crossed for a good amount of snow this winter! I want to take my boys out sledding this year. Since you don't have mountains, have you ever been somewhere to ski or snowboard?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2017 :  1:44:25 PM  Show Profile
No I've never been skiing or snowboarding. It's probably fun, but not really my thing. I'm more of a "let's bake cookies and have hot chocolate" girl. :)

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  11:16:51 AM  Show Profile
I have been snowboarding before. It's tough! I always end up with sore legs the next day but it's totally worth it. Typically I only go once a year but haven't been able to go the last 2 years because of just having my babies. Baking cookies and having hot chocolate sounds like and amazing winter activity. I wish I had a sister who could come over and make cookies with me and watch movies!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
626 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  06:14:23 AM  Show Profile
Me too! I have a sister, but she's too far away. We're making fall cutout cookies today. We have a trunk or treat at the youth center here on Friday night, and we usually have family over for that. I make chili, hot dogs, and cornbread and the kids go down and do the trunk or treat thing. Although this year I'm having a hard time getting anyone to respond to me about if they're coming or not! I'm getting kind of annoyed about it.

Erin
Sister #3762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  12:09:02 PM  Show Profile
Lucky. I don't have a sister at all. Bums me out. That's sounds like fun. I should dig out my cookie cutters and make some cookies with the boys. We have a trunk or treat this Saturday but I haven't decided if we are going yet. The details are a bit fuzzy so I need to talk with my neighbor first. I have only done one trunk or treat before and I was the one handing out candy. So I'm confused because I was told for this one we have to hand out candy if we trunk or treat. Well my little guys are 22 months and 11 months. They can't go around by themselves. Your dinner sounds delicious. My family always does chili on Halloween. But we eat our chili with glazed donuts and wassail. It's been a tradition for years. Oh man I'm sorry. That really does get annoying. It's not hard to say yes or no. Hopefully you can get a head count soon.
Yesterday I took my 11 month old to get his year old pictures done. I am very happy with how the photographer was with him and how her set was. Now I just have to wait to see them. She said it takes 2 weeks max to get back to me but I'm hoping they are sooner!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Gathered Up: Previous Topic 49 and under Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page