Jgoldy920
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Jenny
Cromwell Minnesota
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  7:50:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I've just joined the sisterhood and stumbled upon this group as I've been clicking around, trying to get to know my way around. I'd love to 'jump-in' so to speak if you girls don't mind? I just moved about a month ago back to my home state of Minnesota. My husband and I and our beloved pup Siren live in rural northern Minnesota on a lake. I'm 32 and having a hard time wrapping my head around turning 33 this year. Theres just something about that number. Anyway, a big hello from Minnesota!

Jenny Noelle, Farmgirl #7015
Sew loving rural Minnesota!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2016 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Jenny! Don't worry about turning 33, that is not an old age at all! Hope you enjoy the group!

Sabrina- sorry to stress you over Father's Day! It's this coming Sunday! You still have time to get a card. I'm sorry to hear of all your stress and hope that while your husband is home you can get the extra sleep and relaxation that you need.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2016 :  3:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hello Jenny!!!

I am behind ladies... I will play catch up later....Meanwhile...

Stiffness in my shoulders, general achiness, headache, eyes hurt, fatigue... Apparently Isabelle feels the same... Mono flare up? Spleen feels ok, no swollen lymph nodes or sore throat?? For those who may not know, the kids and I all had Mono last summer/fall...

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2016 :  10:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Alicia- I am so sorry. I had mono 6 years ago and I was always sick. I would get flares up all the time and catch any sickness that anybody had. I always ran a nonstop fever. It wasn't until I had my tonsils out 3 years later that I finally started feeling better. That mono is a vicious thing. Having my tonsils out was a rough surgery for me but I wouldn't go back and change it because I feel so much better now! Get feeling better soon.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  10:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Here is my handsome stud!! That hair! Also our Great Dane is photo bombing!! Love it! I couldn't help but share.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  1:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Oh Krista!! What a cutie!!

I worried last Winter, Sawyer would need his out because they were always swollen, it seemed, but he is doing better. I am still a bit "off". I had my eyes checked yesterday. I have been lesson planning and my head and eyes were hurting, so I went in. I have "almost" always had perfect vision. The only catch in the record being a period of 6 months or so where I had double vision from our car accident. It seemed mostly to had healed itself unless I try to look at someone with my head tilted or laying on my side (the doc told me yesterday that was consistent with my injury, the stretching of the 4th optical nerve). I had a retinal scan and everything looked really good he said! And my exam went very well. He told me if I hadn't come in complaining of an issue, he wouldn't have even prescribed glasses. My prescription is VERY mild. I asked if anything else could cause the issues I was having and he said "well, if you were waking up with headaches everyday then I would say we may need to get an MRI"....Then I said, "Oh... well I have been..." For about 2 months I have been waking with a headache. Not the same one I am getting from the eye pain... So we are going to give these glasses a chance to work!! Praying they do!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  4:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message

So the 2 left stacks are mostly Gabriel's, some Sawyer... The Right stack and front are Isabelle's... MOST of her reading will be on the Kindle this school year... IT IS ALOT!!! lol!

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  4:46:23 PM  Show Profile
Krista - thank you so so much for sharing with us!!! He's super duper cute :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  10:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Thank you!! We went for his 6 month appointment today and the doctor says he is doing really good. He has some minimal eczema so we are going to avoid fragrances for a while and see if that is the problem. He also still doesn't have any teeth so his new nickname is toothless!! I can't believe I have a half a year old! Where did the time go?

Wow Alicia! That's a lot of books! Hopefully they enjoy them all. Makes me want to dig out a book and read!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile
Is everyone alright?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  10:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Hanging in there. I'm going to Chicago tomorrow for a work conference thing, then this weekend my best friend (and future farmgirl sister- once she's done with all the wedding stuff) is getting married. It's a busy week!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

BellaSticks
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Nicole
Chicago Illinois
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  10:58:04 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I've been hanging in there. It seems most of my knitting and crochet supplies ended up in our storage unit, so that's been bumming me out. I hope to start working on getting a routine in place for the days I work. It's been really hard to figure out this transition for some reason. I've had so much going on that I've got myself in a bit of a pain flare too, so I've been taking it easy the past two days after a weekend of traveling all over the area to see family. But I know if I take care of myself it will pass. My SIL has chemo again today, she was violently ill and developed thrush last time, so I know she has a long few days ahead of her. Now that I live closer I hope to see her and my brother more, this has been so hard on both of them and I know they need support. I don't have any plans for this weekend so I'm looking forward to relaxing around the garden and reading. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Nicole
Farmgirl #6762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  11:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Doing well! Caught up on my gardening and even got some rhubarb canned yesterday!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  11:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you are all well!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2016 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile
My bestie's wedding is on Saturday, it's outside and the forecast calls for 90 degrees, ack! There was an inside backup plan, but their venue is an art gallery, and the installation they just put in isn't really stuff you'd want to get married by. Fingers crossed that they might be able to either relocate the pieces or us for the afternoon!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Rachel, how did the wedding go?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  11:28:34 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any fun 4th of July plans?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  12:14:16 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MaryJanesNiece

Rachel, how did the wedding go?

Krista

Everything went pretty well. It was an outdoor ceremony and reception, and it was 90 degress out, so we were all pretty melty but the food was great, the dancing was fun and everything looked lovely. They are currently on their honeymoon now in Italy- lucky ducks!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

BellaSticks
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Nicole
Chicago Illinois
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  1:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Checking in here since it's been a while for me. I'm finally starting to do some good things for my health. I'm eating better and I started doing yoga again. I've even been picking raspberries from the bush in the garden every day to have a delicious snack before I start working. This weekend I'm going camping with my in laws. It's supposed to rain a lot, so I'll be bringing a book to read and might think about new badges to start working on!

Rachel - The wedding sounds lovely. We have a wedding in NOLA the weekend after the 4th. I'm nervous it's going to be HOT and HUMID down there. Glad to hear you all were able to have fun despite the heat!

Nicole
Farmgirl #6762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  10:23:27 AM  Show Profile
Rachel, I'm glad to hear the wedding was a success, even with all that heat!

Nicole, I'm glad you have checked in. Things are sounding good on your end! Fresh raspberries in the morning are the best. At our old house we had raspberry bushes and I keep telling my husband I want to put some in here! Enjoy your camping trip. Hopefully it doesn't rain to much. What badges are you thinking of starting?

I'm hoping with this weekend that I can get back to some crochet. I really want to make a lovey for my son but I haven't decided if I want it to be just a blanket or if I will be putting an elephant head in the middle. Choices! I am pretty sure that I will be using gray yarn though!

Happy 4th of July weekend ladies. I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  11:04:58 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear the wedding was great!!

I had a wedding last weekend too - it was an outdoor wedding and I was the pianist. Glad to have that done and over with - and I have some lovely deer fly bites to remind me of it :)

Krista - I found a friend who is going to attempt to teach me to crochet! I say attempt...as I'm thinking I might not have a knack of doing it.

It's Canada Day here today - I'm busy decorating a cake and then we are off to a BBQ :) Fun!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  11:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy Canada Day Joyce!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

BellaSticks
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Nicole
Chicago Illinois
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  1:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Joyce - Happy Canada Day!

Nicole
Farmgirl #6762
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  11:10:24 AM  Show Profile
Joyce, happy Canada Day! Hope you had fun. I bet you will do great with crochet! When I was first learning I felt like I would never learn. It seemed super complicated. But once I had a friend show me it clicked and now I love to crochet. I'm sad I didn't get a chance to start my project but I'm hoping to this week. I shouldn't be that busy with the holiday being over. When do you plan on learning?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2016 :  2:38:03 PM  Show Profile
I did, thanks Krista :) Thanks for the encouragement with crochet - a friend said she'd start teaching me this week if I'd like.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Gathered Up: Previous Topic 49 and under Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page