Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 Someone is changing my posts.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic Someone is changing my posts. Next Topic
Page: of 2

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  12:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Someone is replacing the pictures I post with their own pictures, unrelated to mine.

Who has access to my posts and why would they do this?

Here is the photo that replaced mine. Anyone recognize it?

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2015/11/image(15).jpg?v%2010750169

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 26 2015 12:42:37 PM

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my--- this was my post on the Christmas tags swap. I went back and checked the swap and you did not have any posts anywhere near mine.
I have no idea. --- did you try to post a picture at the same time and the program overplayed yours?

If not, someone is going to need to check the program, because I'm usually challenged just to get the picture to,post upright, instead of upside down. I have no real computer skills.

Let me know what you find out. Thank...Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  4:10:25 PM  Show Profile
My pics keep being changed as well. They start out right then turn to some unknown pic. On my thankful swap it now has the same pic as doll58makers. Then the pic on Christmas swap box three it changed Julie's pic.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  7:40:10 PM  Show Profile
Looks like this was the right place to post the problem--sounds like a technical issue. It has been happening on my posts for a couple of months.

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  01:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear you've been having problems. We might not be able to find someone to help us until Monday but we'll let you know what we find out. Again, my apologies. That's frustrating.

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile
Christmas elf making mischief?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  6:50:35 PM  Show Profile
It happened again. Every time I post a photo, it is replaced with something else.
Here is today's.

It's going to be interesting to find out what is causing this.
I wonder if someone else is getting my beach pictures! It's getting funny now.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 27 2015 6:56:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  05:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Again--- this is coming off my iPad post from Pocket letters.

It appears that the first time I post A URL it goes on my post and also someone else's.
I have no idea why. I am posting like I always have, and it saves to my Post.

Perhaps our iPads are identical twins from the same Apple family. That's my most far fetched Techie guess.

Hopefully our IT team can figure this out.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  07:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Madelena, I also am from Central Texas--and I also post from my iPad. .??
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  4:03:30 PM  Show Profile
I too am on an iPad. Hmmm

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  2:03:32 PM  Show Profile
Several more photos have been changed on the over 50's group. There are three of us on that thread whose photos are changing. This is an interesting mystery.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6748 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6748 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Where is Sherlock Holmes when we need him? Sorry girls I just couldn't resist piping in. After all it is a mystery and I do so love a mystery.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015.

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow, farmgirl posse to the rescue! (The computer techies in town who help us weren't around this weekend.)

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  08:14:04 AM  Show Profile
I had an insight: I always post directly from my camera or my computer files. Perhaps transferring from a phone or a tablet might be the problem.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile
I am using a new iPad.

It seems the first photo may be upside down or what ever, so I erase it and repost.

Maybe the first photo doesn't want to leave us farm girls and reposts itself. LOL

Go to Top of Page

zagrae
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

48 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  10:32:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, I am sorry this is happening, and we are working on fixing it...Sherlock is on the case

Those of you who have had images (pictures) be replaced, can you post the actual file name of the picture for me? For example the picture I've attached here is named image(15).jpg

Also, if you recognize your photo as one that someone is saying has replaced theirs, if you can tell me the file name of yours too that would be helpful.

We think somehow the file names of the pictures are the same and the subsequently posted photos are overwriting the first photo. (which could happen in the case of taking a photo from an iPhone or iPad, which assigns it's own number to name the file and then uploading it with that number as the file name...which could be the same number as a photo someone else has previously loaded)

SO, I'll keep you posted on what we find, and if you have some info on your file names send em my way.

Thanks for your help and patience!
Lucas
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Interesting that an iPad or phone would make a difference. I got to thinking, and I have posted both from iPad and desktop, but of course I can't remember which times. Maybe that is a clue.....

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  2:45:22 PM  Show Profile
I think having the same file name which is assigned by iPad or whatever you are posting from, makes the most sense. However, I did not think that one person could post to someone else's post.

I can send some of the file names. Right After I finish fixing supper, I'll do that.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile
this is one of mine that over posted someone-- just copied the last half . Not sure if this helps or if will post okay.

/Snitz/Images/2015/11/image(29).jpg?v=55235552

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  4:02:26 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2015/11/image(15).jpg?v%2010750169

Now I will go find my file and add it here. We can see if they have the same name.

No, they have completely different file names.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 30 2015 4:09:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

zagrae
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

48 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  4:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Madelena & doll58maker thank you for your help. We are still working on this and your information is helping!
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  4:10:50 PM  Show Profile
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2015/11/image(37).jpg?v%202455615%20br%20/%20%20br%20/
Go to Top of Page

mjfadmin
Forum Admin

26 Posts

Moscow Idaho
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  10:25:18 AM  Show Profile
Mary & G, thanks for the continued help...from our testing we can not recreate this problem. Would you be able to tell me the steps you are going through to upload photos...I don't necessarily think this is the problem, but at this point we need to investigate all angles.

What internet browser are you using?
Are you using the upload image button (see my picture)?

What is the name of the picture BEFORE you upload it to the chatroom? For example (the picture of the dogs i posted yesterday is circled in white:

Anything other info you can provide is helpful.

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:06:10 AM  Show Profile
I will post a picture here the way I do it on the forum. I go to the little icon just above this message, click on it. It asks me to choose a file. Then I click on that button, which takes me to my pictures. I then click on the oucture I want to use. The icon of that picture then showed in the little "choose File". I see it is correct, then I hit upload. It uploads it to a screen where I can rotate the pic if I need to, and there is a button that says "I'm done". Click on that and it goes to my post. That is all I do.

Now bear with me as I go through that process.

The file says http: // www. maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2015/image(1).jpg?v=23504720

When I hit submit, the picture goes into my post. I've put some spaces in "the file says...." So it won't print the picture twice. Hopefully it will give you both the photo and the file assigned by mjf. My preview did not give me my file name on my iPad, so I will now have to log out and go to my pictures file to get the file name. It may be the first part of this file name but I don't know for sure. Back in a minute.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:13:34 AM  Show Profile
So I went to pictures on my iPad but there are no file names. Just the pictures. No help there. I don't know how to find what the file name is on my iPad.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:23:39 AM  Show Profile
My pictures are shared on my camera, Mac, and iPad. I think the computer will allow me to view by file name. I'll try that.

info on Mac says this is IMG-1716.JPG.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Technical Support: Previous Topic Someone is changing my posts. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page