MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2018 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Roll call! Who is working on merit badges? Which ones are you working on?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2018 :  1:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Krista,

One Red Zinnia here! I have several going and some I need to turn in: Calligraphy (E), Weather (B/I/E), Crochet (B/I), Farmgirl Gratitude (B), Get'er Done (B), Know Your Food (B/I), Let's Get Physical (B/I), Embroidery (B), Cross Stitch (B), UFO's (B), Sew Wonderful (I)

Summer has been busy and I hope to get back on track with my Farmgirl Adventures in August!

I have been honored as the June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month! Such a surprise!!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow Debbie! You are doing amazing! You should feel very proud of yourself! Which one is your favorite so far? Summer definitely does get busy. Congratulations on being Farmgirl of the Month for June. That's a great honor.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

KnyttWytch
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Hilary
Cambridge Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  1:29:30 PM  Show Profile
Woo hoo! Well done you on being Farmgirl of the Month!

quote:
Originally posted by OneRedZinnia

Hi Krista,

One Red Zinnia here! I have several going and some I need to turn in: Calligraphy (E), Weather (B/I/E), Crochet (B/I), Farmgirl Gratitude (B), Get'er Done (B), Know Your Food (B/I), Let's Get Physical (B/I), Embroidery (B), Cross Stitch (B), UFO's (B), Sew Wonderful (I)

Summer has been busy and I hope to get back on track with my Farmgirl Adventures in August!

I have been honored as the June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month! Such a surprise!!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8

Disabled knitter and stitcher (lover of real food!)
Go to Top of Page

KnyttWytch
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Hilary
Cambridge Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  1:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Working away but disability ain't my friend :(

Disabled knitter and stitcher (lover of real food!)
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  3:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Wow Debbie, you've been working hard. I've just borrowed the "True History of Chocolate" from MJF and have started reading it.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  5:13:23 PM  Show Profile
You can do it Hilary!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  7:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Krista! Being chosen as Farmgirl of the Month was a total surprise for sure and such an honor!!

I started attending the Senior Swim at the local pool for the pool aerobics to complete part of the Let's Get Physical badge! Whew I am so out of shape. I've been working at loosing weight (slowly) since July 1st of last year and I am working on getting healthy from the inside out. So far I have lost 25 lbs. and lots and lots of inches. I feel so much better and have been motivated to learn news things. My new motto with this empty nest thing is "New Purpose New Adventures"!!

quote:
Originally posted by MaryJanesNiece

Wow Debbie! You are doing amazing! You should feel very proud of yourself! Which one is your favorite so far? Summer definitely does get busy. Congratulations on being Farmgirl of the Month for June. That's a great honor.

Krista

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  7:09:25 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the congrats! I have enjoyed being the June Farmgirl of the Month! Such a surprise and honor!

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585

Edited by - OneRedZinnia on Jun 27 2018 7:10:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds like a good book!! I am currently reading 'The Book of Awesome' for the Gratitude badge. I am enjoying it very much!

quote:
Originally posted by jillyd

Wow Debbie, you've been working hard. I've just borrowed the "True History of Chocolate" from MJF and have started reading it.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

"When life gets super crazy, do your art. It helps you remember the exquisite, imaginary, delightful, lovely side of what is otherwise sometimes a bit much" Sylvia Olsen

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  7:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Hilary!!

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585

Edited by - OneRedZinnia on Jun 27 2018 7:25:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  8:27:21 PM  Show Profile
When I was named Farmgirl of the Month it was a total surprise for me too. I really have enjoyed the gifts from Mary Jane. The magnets are still on my refrigerator where I can look at them everyday.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  4:50:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear that Hilary. Keep your head up! You got this!

Way to go Debbie! That is awesome! I have been trying to get healthy and in shape myself. I'm ready to lose the baby weight! Your an inspiration!

Jill, what do you think of the book so far?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

aidanm
Chapter Leader

25 Posts

Aidan
CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  2:46:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the farm girl sisterhood, but I've been itching for an adult merit badge program for a long time. I started the blogging badge and made my blog all about my merit badge adventures. So far I've completed a few of the beginner badges, Nellie-Will Do, Bibliophile, and Rocks and Minerals, and submitted them all today! I've had a blast setting up and organizing everything. Currently working on Farmgirl Grammar, Blogging, and the intermediate levels for the previous three. Trying to hit the ground running!

Aidan Murphy
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  3:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Aidan, sounds like you're off to a great start. And welcome!

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2018 :  3:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Krista, the True History of Chocolate is quite academic, very interesting so far - how they have traced the origins of chocolate. I'm only starting chapter 2. I hope I can get it finished in the month with all the time I'm away. It's not a quick read by any means.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2018 :  10:13:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Aidan! You are off to an amazing start! You are very inspirational. Keep up the amazing work and don't forget to share with us how everything is going. Congratulations on submitting your first 3 badges.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  12:36:53 PM  Show Profile
I am working on several right now. Have borrowed a book from the MJF library and finally finished it. Woe is I. I learned so much about grammar that I had forgotten from school all those years ago. lol

Farmgirl sister #308
Wallets & Travel Accessories, Tea Wallets, and Hankie Envelopes
http://www.marketsofsunshine.com/p/member-classifieds.html

Card Making Circle of Friends
www.marshajaramillo.stampinup.net
Tea Lover's
www.tealightfultea.net/sweetretreats
FGOM 5/2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2018 :  12:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Marsha! I bet there are a few grammar things I could relearn. What do you plan to work on next?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2018 :  06:47:27 AM  Show Profile
I sent my first one in on canning I sent pictures too I hope you got them this is a new laptop and I am just getting used to it. I have already gave out 2 jars of my organic strawberry jam! They look so pretty sitting on my shelf, I also made strawberry shortcake so that used up a lot of the strawberries I picked, but that with whipped cream was yummy.

VT Oma
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2018 :  09:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Sounds delicious Sheila! I almost missed strawberry season here while I was away, but managed to find a couple of flats and made freezer jam.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  2:04:25 PM  Show Profile
I love strawberry jam, but I haven't made any before. The only kind I have made is freezer raspberry jam. Way to go Sheila! Keep up the great work.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2018 :  2:09:05 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on "Putting Away for Winter" - and I completed the requirements for it by freezing three different types of fresh produce. The first was tomatoes. I had no idea they are so easy!! All I had to do was clean them, and pop them whole (after I hulled them) into the freezer. I have about 20 1L bags of tomatoes that I grew in our garden, in the freezer. I can take them out when I need them to make stew, sauce - whatever our fancy! The next one I froze was pumpkin. For this one, I took our pumpkins, cut them in half, seeded them, roasted them, scooped it out, pureed and put them in containers. I will use that for soups and baking. The last one I did was blueberries. We had an abundant amount this year - so I made a lot in the canner, but also decided to freeze some for smoothies. I froze them on a cookie sheet - one layer, for about 1 hour. Then I put them in bags after that in portions needed for smoothies or muffins.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
FGOTM April 2016
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

710 Posts

Jill
Canada
710 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2018 :  12:05:17 PM  Show Profile
That all sounds wonderful Joyce. I hadn't even looked at that badges' requirements. Something I do regularly. I just haven't had time for badges lately.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2018 :  1:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Joyce! I have always wanted to have some frozen blueberries on hand. They are a favorite in my household. I wish I had a blueberry plant, but they won't grow here unless I alter my soil.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Merit Badge Chit Chat:  Just a bit of merit badge chit chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page