MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2016 :  10:12:28 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations CJ! I'm glad your potatoes and parsnips grew! I have loved growing carrots myself. Can't wait to see what you work on next.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

KnyttWytch
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Hilary
Cambridge Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2016 :  08:58:31 AM  Show Profile
Well done on getting your next badge ceejay :D

Disabled knitter and stitcher (lover of real food!)
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  09:41:17 AM  Show Profile
How is everyone doing with their merit badges? What are you working on or what have you finished recently?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

KnyttWytch
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Hilary
Cambridge Cambridgeshire
United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  09:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Currently working on more knitting - but I hope to earn a patchwork badge soon!

Disabled knitter and stitcher (lover of real food!)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  09:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well . . . nothing specific in the works right at the moment Too much stuff still to do outside, until it freezes, buries us in snow or whatever. BUT, on the back burner is my expert Candlemaking and then intermediate and expert Furniture Makeover . . . will be looking at Her-Story too. We'll see, but for now it's keep up with the carrots in the garden and work on getting rids of some tenacious weeds while the weather is somewhat agreeable. And, of course, cow chores!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2016 :  10:10:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on a sweater for my expert knitting, and thinking about some of the sewing ones. Have started a sourdough mother for expert bread making as well. Last time it wasn't very successful, I'm using a different recipe this time. I have a few that I just need to submit.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  10:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow! You guys are doing awesome! I can't wait to see your completed projects!
I'm on hold up too, CJ. I'm hoping to get started back on my badges at the beginning of the new year after all the crazy has passed. I would like to do my expert level of crochet first. Then maybe move on to the sewing badge( if I get a sewing machine for Christmas) or the origami badge! The both sound so fun!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

TinyChinaCows
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Rebecca
Seminole County FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  6:04:26 PM  Show Profile
Working on three feet of needle tatting for the beginner tatting badge. I think I'm doing okay so far- just having a little trouble adding new threads, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it with practice!

~ Rebecca
Farmgirl Sister #7224
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  6:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello! I posted this question on a new thread but I think I can get it answered up here too. I want to do the blogging merit badge but I already have a blog. My blog is pretty established and I've been writing it for awhile now. Do I have to start a new blog for this badge? I'll still read the book and write the ten posts but would I be able to make some modifications to the requirements? This is a badge I'd really like to earn! Thanks for your answers!

https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #7232
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  09:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kiersten,

I answered your other thread too. Yes, you can absolutely use your current blog when applying. Most of the time we don't allow for previous work to count towards Merit Badges. This most often comes up with different crafting badges. It's tough for experienced folks to go back to square 1. That's why we added teaching options for most of the badges where people have already done the beginner work. That way our Sisterhood is bringing new skills into the world through teaching yourself, or teaching others.

There are places where the "no previous work" rule doesn't work. Recycling and blogging are two of the most common ones. In those cases you can use previous work. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

~Brian
Go to Top of Page

TinyChinaCows
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Rebecca
Seminole County FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  10:22:27 AM  Show Profile
That's great to know. We've been recycling pretty much everything for about a year, and I was wondering how that would work with the intermediate and advanced merit badges. I figured I should at least do a little more research about local recycling options for the beginner badge, and I did learn that our landfill recycles weird stuff like shingles and pipes!

Anyway, thanks Brian for such a helpful answer. And, thank you Kiersten for asking in the first place! :)

~ Rebecca
Farmgirl Sister #7224
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  11:00:52 AM  Show Profile
That's good to know!
Good luck Rebecca with your Beginner Tatting Badge. I bet you will get it all figured out. Also good luck with your recycling badges. You are on a roll.
Good luck with you Blogging Badge, Kiersten. I will be checking out the other thread for updates!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

imascholar2
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

SuZan
Huntsville UT
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  11:38:42 AM  Show Profile
I really appreciate this thread. Sadly, I start working on a badge and then life happens and I forget. Reminder emails help me stay on track. I have decided to make a merit badge dash board that I can put in my Happy Planner so I can have a visual reminder. At the moment I am learning shuttle tatting. I hope to complete my first level soon. Also I harvested heirloom tomatoes this year so I need to see which gardening merit badge applies. I like hearing about everyone's projects and would LOVE to see pictures.

Remember to ENJOY the journey!!!
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  9:20:40 PM  Show Profile
okay, my first badge....except I have a question. I did the Apron challenge this weekend since my niece wanted an apron for Xmas and hey, why not! So. I made a half apron....then a full apron, then a second full apron in the same pattern. Do I apply for the basic one first...the half apron, then apply again for the intermediate. Will the two aprons, one as a gift, count for the advanced? Can one do all three at once, so to speak? Do I just go for the advanced one when I apply.

ARGG. I'm confused. Happy to share pics when I can get them out of the ipad.

-- Andrea #7230

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. - Oscar Wilde
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea. Good questions. You can apply for multiple levels of a badge in a single application. Just be sure to let us know in your application that you are applying for more than just one level of a badge. Finally, yes, that extra apron can go towards your Expert level application. I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

~Brian
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  7:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much, Brian. I'll go do that!

-- Andrea #7230

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  10:36:17 AM  Show Profile
I am so interested in what everyone has been working on here at this topic site. You Farmgirls ROCK!! While I have done a few badges, there are so many more I should work on because they always are a wonderful learning experience. Your efforts have me motivated to get busy and do another badge of two myself! Congratulations everyone for making time to learn and explore new topics!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16272 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16272 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  12:42:00 AM  Show Profile
We're working on six new badges to be published in the new year. Stay tuned Winnie. We should write one just for you. Let's see, orange marmalade? Victory knitting? Apples 101?

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2016 :  3:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Cool on the new badges! I have my eye on quilting next. I've never actually quilted anything because the time, expense, and room for it always worried me. But, hey, potholders and tablerunners...they can't take up TOO much space.

-- Andrea #7230

Go to Top of Page

jillyd
True Blue Farmgirl

711 Posts

Jill
Saanichton British Columbia
Canada
711 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  08:49:58 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to hear what the new badges will be.

Jill
Farmgirl #6748
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  11:13:59 AM  Show Profile
So, how long does it usually take for the badges to "post"? it is just a matter of how busy folks are at the farm? Will they let me know if I didn't meet the requirements?

-- Andrea #7230

Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  2:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea,

Merit Badges are usually approved within a week of the application. We are a little behind on badges from the last week but expect to have them finished in the next day or two. I do see two applications from early last week under your name. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

~Brian
Go to Top of Page

achavez
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Andrea
Moscow ID
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  9:27:42 PM  Show Profile
oh great, thanks Brian. Holidays and all. It is really only ONE application. The first was for beginner, but I actually did the whole meal deal and showed it off in the second app. Sorry about that. I'll know better next time.

-- Andrea #7230

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  04:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Andrea
Congratulations your Potholders are so nice.

TW

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  6:51:10 PM  Show Profile
Cyrie,
You are a very busy lady. Congratulations! I love your gloves. I have never used a knitting loom but now I would like to try. The chicken potholders are so adorable and snowflakes are so pretty. Well done.

TW

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Merit Badge Chit Chat:  Just a bit of merit badge chit chat Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page