Jujube
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Julie
Cedar Rapids IA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm a little late to the Jubileee, having just found this wonderful group several years ago, but here goes-
1. Will be gifting a subscription to my wonderful daughter in Texas, who has always been a farmgirl at heart, even after she moved from Iowa to Dallas. :)
2. I have a brand new clothesline, thanks to my husband, and will be making an old-fashioned apron/pocket for clothespin. So looking forward to using it.

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  05:16:58 AM  Show Profile
Julie, be sure to send in all of your activities so you can get your badge template and certificate. Just follow the directions of the link to use on the badge site for sending in your work and any photos you wish to include. Then the Home office will confirm your work and send you an electronic certificate of completion and the template to print out and use to create a real badge from fabric if you wish to have one. Many Farmgirls have totes, jackets and other items where they embroider their badges on to. You can find out what others have done here at the Chatroom if you look up the topic in the search area. We often talk together about what we like to do with our badges and many creative and cute ideas have been shared that might interest you.

Congratulations on jumping in and working right away on your first badge! They are lots of fun to do and a great way to learn useful new things. Keep us posted on what else you are working on!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  10:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Julie! I agree with Winnie . . . just list all activities and ideas, submit a photo if you have one and enjoy your badge.
I recommend typing your submission in a Word document first and then copy and paste into the badge application bozes. Occasionally, a badge application does go missing out there in cyberspace and you have to resubmit. It's soooooo much easier to resubmit if you have your info in your own Word doc that you can copy and paste again.
Wishing you the best!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  04:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
A Big Wisconsin Welcome, Julie!!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Kathleen
Custer SD
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  07:31:50 AM  Show Profile
Hello to all from Custer South Dakota, And Happy New Year! Last year I had sent two projects that I love to make for Christmas presents or add to our Christmas tree. I sent both projects to MaryJane's two different addresses. Not really knowing where to send them or how to do it. I'm still teaching myself how to use my computer for these projects. After reading the directions from CJ, I will try that way next time. Maryjane, I'm wondering if you received both that I sent in those gold/yellow envelopes? Running waters,Farm girl Sister #6701
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  07:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Kathleen -
You can call or email Brian at MJF. He can check that out for you.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Jennifer111
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Jennifer
Yantis Texas
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  10:24:43 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ceejay48

Welcome Julie! I agree with Winnie . . . just list all activities and ideas, submit a photo if you have one and enjoy your badge.javascript:insertsmilie('')
I recommend typing your submission in a Word document first and then copy and paste into the badge application bozes. Occasionally, a badge application does go missing out there in cyberspace and you have to resubmit. It's soooooo much easier to resubmit if you have your info in your own Word doc that you can copy and paste again.
Wishing you the best!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  10:29:04 AM  Show Profile
Congrats! It is lots of fun to complete a merit badge and get the certificate and cute applique. I have not done one in years.

Farmgirl sister #308
Book Lover Gifts:
Etsy Shops:
http://www.marketsofsunshine.com/p/member-classifieds.html
Free Bible Research
www.jw.org
Improve your health without pills:
www.mjaramillo.bemergroup.com
Go to Top of Page
  6. Earn it!: Previous Topic Earning my first badge Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly