Page: of 2

Kristine
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

California
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  11:23:15 AM  Show Profile
It's been a long time since I have posted. But, I need something to "Dream on!" My dear sweet loving (and so very loved)Christian Mom; has been on Hospice for going on 2 months. I just need to feel some "Sweetness" in the world. I could have never imagined; how much she would suffer. So I happened upon this email; and decided to rejoin you girls! I hope to find joy again.

For whosoever believes in Him(Jesus)shall not perish; but, have everlasting life John3:16

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  11:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Oh, dear Kristine...one lovely thing about MJF is that your sisters here will empathize with you and will
uphold you and your Mother in prayers and will gift you with amazing friendship. I am so sorry to hear that
your mom has been on Hospice for two months. I personally really admire and respect the job Hospice does.
I lost my brother at age 57, My sister at age 57, My dad at age 69 and just lost my last living Aunt at age 75.
All that is left is my Mother age 81 and me. My mom and I live 400 miles apart...and though we aren't really
very close either in miles or relationship...I try to call her a couple of times a week and just listen to her.
She has lost most all her family and friends...which is hard for any person...she has just out lived them all.
So, I realize she has had a difficult go of it herself.

I see by your tag line that you are a Believer in Jesus Christ. So, am I. I have been a Christian for 44 years
and could not have made it in this life with out Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Life is Tough but God is faithful.
I don't know how non-believers make it in life with out God to see them through the difficult circumstances in
this life.

I pray His Grace and Peace over you dear sister and I will uphold your mother in my prayers too.

Living and Loving Deeply In Him,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kristine,
I'm sooooo sorry you are going through this. I do understand, because my mom was a Hospice patient for many months before she went to heaven. She had a type of leukemia which, over the course of about 7 years, slowly took her away. She's been in heaven for 21 1/2 years but I miss her so much, actually more as I get older. I think of her so much and all that she brought to my life, our family and our community!

Since then my father, then my father-in-law and then my mother-in-law have all gone to heaven. My father and father-in-law both went quickly with heart attacks in the midst of regular daily activity. My mother-in-law, declined into dementia, mini-strokes, etc. and after about 3 years she went to her heavenly home. I miss them all so much! I'm grateful the Lord chose to take the men in a quick, expedient manner . . . there was no lingering suffering! While those were sudden and surprising, we are grateful for the quick homegoing for them.

I trust the Lord to just comfort you as you go through this and give you, your family and your mom peace for the journey. I will be praying for you and your family!
GOD KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT!
HUGS and PRAYERS!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  2:37:03 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry for your Mom's illness, Kristine and will keep you in my prayers.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  3:17:37 PM  Show Profile

Kristine...My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time...there is nothing like losing your mom...I lost mine when I was only 22...so I do know what you are going through...If you would like others to pray for you...go to the MJF Prayer forum and request prayer...there are a lot of farm girls that will lift you up to the Lord in your time of need...just know here on the forums you are not alone...

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  3:36:33 PM  Show Profile
Kristine,

I am so sorry. What a difficult thing to be going through. One of dearest friends' mother has been in hospice for several months, too. It is so emotionally hard for them, and her poor mom has been so sick. My prayers for you and your family, and for your beloved mom.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  3:56:05 PM  Show Profile
Kristine - many many (((hugs))) and prayers coming your way! I pray our Heavenly Father gives you the strength and comfort only He can give during this time!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  3:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Dear Kristine, my heart and prayers are with you. Please try to remember how much comfort your love brings to you mom. Even if she can't always say so, she knows you love and pray for her. Hospice does such good work, and your dear Mom's faith brings her profound comfort at this time that we can only begin to understand. I wish you both some peace and comfort.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  5:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kristine, my heart is breaking for your sweet mother and you! Please know I am praying for you both right now, and will continue to lift you both in prayer. God love and bless you! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.ctmh.com

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Dear Kristine,
Welcome, you will find the women here to be amazingly kind and supportive.
My parents have both been gone for years but the thoughts of them still are a big part of my life. I understand the hard time you and your mother are dealing with.
A friend's husband has been in hospice care in their home since November. They were told to prepare themselves and their family for the loss but somehow amazingly he has rallied and in spite of setbacks is still with her.
The people in hospice have been an incredible help and support to them and others I have known.
Know that we are praying for you and here for you to share your thoughts and feelings.
Hugs,
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  09:13:18 AM  Show Profile
Dear Kristine,
I am sending you hugs and prayers for your mom and for you. The other ladies have said it all. Welcome back to the fold.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  1:14:45 PM  Show Profile
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I had a few bad days myself along the way. Try to make sure you get your sleep that you need as well and take some Vitamin C to keep you feeling well as well. it will hurt when it comes, but it will feel good as well, because you know she will be with the Lord and having no pain. Prayers will be said for you!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  6:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Kristine: Please know that you and your mom are in my prayers. Farmgirl hugs, Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  02:45:25 AM  Show Profile
Kristine,
I have been thinking of you. How are you and your mother doing?
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  10:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers are coming your way. Keep well and keep on telling your Mom how much you love her.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/Vintagehousegoods
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  4:36:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello Kristine,
I am a newer farmgirl sister on here, but my family will be praying for all of you.
Hugs and Prayers,
Angela#6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  07:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Kristine
So sorry about your mom. Thinking of you and your family.
Take care
Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2015 :  03:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Kristine, I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. I will be praying for you and your family. Big Hugs being sent your way.

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  8:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Kristine, my prayers are with you too. God bless.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LouAnnie
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Louann
Cobden IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2015 :  10:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Kristine,
I am new to the group and saw your post and wanted to say that I really feel for you. My Mom had hospice care. They were wonderful and so helpful to her and to all of us. Bless you both!

LouAnnie
Farmgirl #6640
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  1:27:50 PM  Show Profile
I have been a volunteer for hospice for about 10 years. we have a wonderful hospice house in our area where patients receive care at the end of life. prayers for your family in going through this difficult time. I help with classes for daughters who are going through what you are. you might check to see if there are support groups available.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2015 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Kristine, this is certainly a hard road to travel. Know that you are not alone and you have farmgirl friends supporting you.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2015 :  06:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Dear Kristine,

I am so sad that you are facing this time in your life with a loved one. I offer help and support as a public service using God's word to comfort and strengthen many going through trials like this. Please, feel free to reach out to me anytime via email.

Here is a link that will help you and encourage you through the scriptures. (God's promise that soon all suffering will end)

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/suffering-end-tract/will-suffering-ever-end/

I will pray you have strength during this time. Also, feel free to follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/marketsofsunshine and you can send me a friend request from there.

I study the bible with people over the phone all around the U.S.A. and via email

Big Hugs and Agape,

Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
Buying Club & Marketing
www.marketsofsunshine.com
Bible Research
www.jw.org

Edited by - marjean on Nov 19 2015 06:13:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  8:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Thoughtful and kindness. That's what farmgirls are made of! (Just adding my 1.38946 cents ~ allowing for inflation! ha ha)

But seriously, prayers for all of you who reached out to Kristine. For those who pray often needs prayers for themselves but seldom ask.

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

KristiW
Moderator/Farmgirl True

639 Posts

Kristine
MaryJanesFarm
USA
639 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2016 :  9:23:41 PM  Show Profile
Kristine I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I was just talking to my daughter today about death and having to probably say goodbye to a grandparent soon. For my husband and I, that would be a parent, and I can only imagine your grief. I'm sending hugs your way <3

Kristi
Farmgirl Sister #6

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Losing my Mom Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page