Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic sunglasses Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  01:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Just curious--what kind of sunglasses do you wear? I buy them at the dollar store so when they break its no big loss. I like dark blue or amber sunglasses best. If I had an unlimited budget I would get me a good pair at REI that would prevent that glare you get in winter when it snows. What do you like? pink?Red? Yellow? Retro? Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2015 :  05:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Oooh...Cindy, I love this post!

I love sunglasses. Long ago I found out that it is best not to buy expensive ones. In my twenties, I did just that. I bought a pair of Chanel ones on a trip. I was so good with them. Never dropped them and always put them in their case. Know what happened? I got pick pocketed at a restaurant waiting for a table in Houston!

Anyway, fast forward twenty years. I've always loved vintage, and so I love vintage style glasses. I have red ones that are new but look like the 40's that I paid a whopping $20 for. Other than that, I have bought a few at the flea market. My favorite ones? I am on a Facebook tag sale and a lady had an uncle that owned a Woolworth's. He had closed it, put everything in storage, and it was all forgotten. His niece inherited it...and I bought several pairs of sunglasses...new, with the Woolworth's tags still on. I wear them. I have a few pairs from the 40's and 50's, and a few from the 60's that are Jackie O inspired. She only sold them for $5.00 a piece! She said she knew she could sale them for more on eBay, but couldn't be bothered. What a score that was! My most favorite pair are a pair of 1940s brown ones.

My dd loves sunglasses, too. She scored some cute (new) ones at a Goodwill store when she was with some other friends her age. They all got the cutest sunglasses for $2.00 each.

What do you like to wear best?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  11:20:58 AM  Show Profile
I have a very funky, round John Lennon style pair with multi colored frame. Once a hippie . . .:)

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2015 :  2:12:29 PM  Show Profile
Mine are the wrap around kind that go over glasses. It blocks the bright sun. They are really cool looking luckily.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - May 19 2019 :  6:51:47 PM  Show Profile
I must have at about 50 pairs of sunglasses. I just love em'. My hubby asked me why so many, that I have only one nose. I said said I, but Honey I may have only one nose but I have many moods. Would you like to see some of the less sweet ones?

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends.
Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - May 20 2019 :  11:58:02 AM  Show Profile
I am not a big sunglass person. I have only found one pair that I have ever liked and they were stolen when my car was stolen 10 years ago. I haven't found a replacement pair since. They just don't fit my face correctly. I need smaller square ones. Plus I don't like spending a ton of money on them either.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic sunglasses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page