BeautifulBibliophile
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rachel
Valley Alabama
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2015 :  10:40:49 AM  Show Profile
I have to ask, on the 62nd anniversary of Her Majesty's Coronation, if any other sisters are Royal Watchers? I have been since Prince Charles and Princess Diana married when I was a little girl. MY dream farm is in the UK - in Cornwall, to be exact! Anybody else out there like me?

Rachel
Farmgirl #6448

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." - Harper Lee

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm not exactly an Royal Watcher, but I am a bit of an Anglophile. Blame Charles Dickes and The Beatles. I actually have a friend who grew up in Cornwall -- on a farm. He doesn't live near me any more, but he used to talk a lot about it. He also had a photo of the Queen on his desk! Who's your favorite royal? I think mine is Prince Harry, love the red hair :)

Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

BeautifulBibliophile
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rachel
Valley Alabama
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey Amy,
We live and breathe the Beatles in this house - especially George. I've got an All Things Must Pass poster up in my office at work. The Queen herself is my favorite royal, with Sophie, countess of Wessex following closely behind. I actually have different royals forums I go on every day and see what's going on. Can't wait until the Swedish royal wedding, which I believe is on the 13th. Lots of pretty sparklies on display!

The fascination with Cornwall comes from reading too much Rosamunde Pilcher and watching too much Doc Martin on tv. The place is beautiful - and it's near the beach!

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." - Harper Lee
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  6:24:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm a George girl too. Rosamunde Pilcher is my mom's favorite author. Which one is Sophie, is she one of Fergie's daughter's ?

Go to Top of Page

BeautifulBibliophile
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rachel
Valley Alabama
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  6:32:04 PM  Show Profile
No, the York princesses are a little too gauche for me. Sophie is Prince Edward's wife.

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

1010 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
1010 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  04:16:03 AM  Show Profile
I remember their outfits from the wedding very well! I looked up Sophie on the web.She looks very elegant. Why is she your #2?

Go to Top of Page

BeautifulBibliophile
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Rachel
Valley Alabama
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  12:05:14 PM  Show Profile
It's hard to explain why I'm so crazy about Sophie. She's pretty and I almost always like her clothes. She seems down to earth and has a good sense of humor. She and the Queen get along very well, and she seems to enjoy performing her royal "duties." Not an attention seeking prima-donna like sometimes happens when someone marries into "the firm."

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic Is anyone else a Royal Watcher? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page