Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I just wanna cry . . :( I AM CRYING!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just wanna cry . . :( I AM CRYING!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2018 :  12:26:57 PM  Show Profile
That is just PLAIN SAD CJ!!!! I hurt for you AND the tree! :( So very sorry!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2018 :  06:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh CeeJay! I am so sorry to hear this happened to your beloved tree. Everywhere has had such wicked, weird weather lately. Your heartbreak is totally understandable, especially with the tree’s history. We had something like that once, and I still mourn my tree when I walk by that spot. Did I understand the thread right, you’re trying to replant it? Hopefully that works; keep us posted.

Big hugs my sweet friend.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2018 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile
I have often mourned for trees and I so understand how you feel. I used to fight to stop people from cutting down trees and once I saved A beautiful weeping willow from being cut down in our neighborhood. But now since we live in the woods all trees do is fall over---usually on my phone line which runs for one and one fourth miles. Just this morning my husband came in and told me two big trees had fallen behind the cabin. That means fire wood for us and a lot of work cutting it. I have learned that nature takes out weak trees. Let this tree go and savor its memory. Plant a new tree and love it.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2018 :  9:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Nicole,
No we are not trying to replant it . .. the roots are torn and ripped apart and the tree would just die anyway. We've cut off all the branches and moved them away . . . took the better part of two days to do that. They are heavier than one would think. Today hubby and I used a two man saw and cut one 6-ft. section from the upper part of the trunk and make a second cut halfway through on the next section but it is all HARD work so we quit for the day.
We're replant something but we have to finish removal and filling up the "crater" in the ground that it made.
Yes, very sad!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2018 :  10:37:59 PM  Show Profile
ceejay48---I am proud of you. We have a two man saw that my ancestors used on the cabin wall and I would not have the strength to use it. Glad for you that you have cleaned it up. One of my saddest memories is leaving our old farm house that we lived in for twenty years and having to go by and see our beautiful huge old ash tree dead in the front yard. It had to be cut down and although I have nothing to do with that property anymore it about kills me every time I see it. Let it go and heal your self. The beautiful old farmhouse I was raised in was torn down too---so double hurt for me. I have learned to love what we have and let go of the past, but it was very hard to learn. Blessings to you and get you a fast growing tree to plant and heal you.

You Might Be a Redneck If---you've transported a goat in an economy car.---Jeff Foxworthy
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9205 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9205 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2018 :  3:09:09 PM  Show Profile
CJ, totally understand. Sorry you lost that beautiful big tree.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I just wanna cry . . :( I AM CRYING!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page