Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Okay, Please let me whine a little...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Okay, Please let me whine a little... Next Topic  

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  6:24:36 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls,

The time has come. I need to whine about the weather. I hate to do it. We can't control the weather. All four seasons have their charm. BUT...
I can't stand it anymore! Enough snow already! No more sub-zero temperatures! We are all cabin crazy!

Our area has had more snow and below zero (not typical) temperatures than anyone can remember...we are talking record breakers here. I have to go take a shovel and find my mailbox at least once or twice a week because the snow plows hit it. There's no room to drive for all the snow banks, and we'd be better off with skates than shoes because of all the ice. Ice dams have formed on everyone's roofs and we all need to fix something in our homes where it is leaking. I know no one that doesn't have some sort of leak. We are running out of firewood, and have gone through so much already. I want sandals and shorts and ice tea on the porch! No more white as far the eye can see! I want to plant and see green At this point, I'd settle for just a little dirt! The. entire. earth. is. white.

There.

I did it. I had a good vent. Thank you!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile

This is my porch in front. Sigh...

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  6:43:37 PM  Show Profile
I feel your pain. I saw today where Boston has had the coldest and snowiest ever on record. I hope the sun comes out soon and melts all the snow off your roof. And I hope it melts gradually so you don't have bad flooding. Hang in there!
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  6:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Awww, Nicole, you go right ahead and whine, I don't blame you. I like the green myself although I have green most of the year, I have lived where it has been white, I don't believe as bad as yours though.

I hope it melts for you soon but not fast so no flooding.

Take care spring will be here soon. Here is something to brighten your day and evening

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  8:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Yep, that's exactly how it was in Minnesota last year. The snow was up to the belly button and it was cold enough to freeze the nose hairs and eyeballs. We could be getting 5 inches of snow here tonight. It will end soon and the earth will welcome the moisture.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  8:13:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marie, you are a riot. :D Too funny.

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  8:47:43 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Marie! You are such a hoot!!!

Oh, Nicole - I feel for you, too. It's been mostly sub-zero windchills here, but I am very relieved that we haven't seen nearly as much snow as all of you have. Friends in RI and MA are so disgusted - you can almost feel their depression in their emails. I pray for a nice warm spring thaw - and that our summer isn't the polar opposite! Crazy, crazy stuff!

Darlene - I love the pictures you posted! Those blossoms are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a fresh breath of warm spring air - it was just what I needed, to be sure!

You know, I wonder if I can get my guys to take me to Phipps Conservatory this weekend... I think a nice tiptoe through their tulips is just what the doctor ordered!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Mar 02 2015 8:48:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  9:02:23 PM  Show Profile
Stop and smell the roses.....

hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  9:06:21 PM  Show Profile
I will, Darlene - and I'll smile and think of you! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  10:17:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini.

hugs!:D

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  05:01:46 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, I know a little about how you are feeling but have never experienced that much snow, ice, or low temperatures. We're due another round of freezing rain come Wednesday.

Branches keep dropping from big oak tree ~~ that's okay ~~ the Lord keeps putting them in the middle of the backyard ~~ sometimes just inches from my house.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2015 :  10:51:24 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, I thought about you every time I watched the Weather Channel. Go ahead and whine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I feel like a whiner!!! Here I am in Central Texas in the 30 and 40 degree weather whining about Spring coming or when will it be Spring!!!!! Stay warm. 17 days until Spring. Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2015 :  10:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, hang in there,,, soon you too will have nice weather.....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Okay, Please let me whine a little... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page