Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Shannon
Rockville Maryland
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  4:44:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone!
I was wondering if anyone here uses baby shampoo on their adult hair? I have a very sensitive scalp, and i find that i get itchy scalp and hives from regular and even some natural shampoos. I was at the store yesterday and i picked up a travel size johnson and johnson baby shampoo. When i used it this morning i had no problem at all! It's great!
However i was wondering if it is ok to use baby shampoo on adult hair? I also have colored hair so hope it does not damage my color? I am guessing that because it is so gental that it shoyuld be fine?

Thanks!

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  10:55:45 PM  Show Profile
I used Johnson's Baby Shampoo all through high school and my hair was always sleek and shiny. Don't see why you can't use it now.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2015 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, No problem using baby shampoo I have been using it on my hair for 40 years. It's just more gentle then other shampoos and obviously easier on the scalp.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  1:01:05 PM  Show Profile
I love baby shampoo! Smells fabulous and it's a very gentle clean. Besides -- you won't cry if you get it in your eyes. Ha ha ha

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

DustBowlMomma
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Chelsea
Slaughterville Oklahoma
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2015 :  7:32:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm with them^ baby shampoo works great for adult hair, it won't strip your hair as much as harsher shampoos will as well. I don't use any shampoo now, but when I did, I loved johnsons and johnsons.
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Baby shampoo for adult hair?! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page