Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 11

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  10:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I plan to celebrate the Farmgirl Jubilee by engaging the "chicks" in the
Farmgirls Southwest Henhouse. We are a virtual Henhouse, with members scattered all across the US. We'll be able to share in our individual communities and with each other.

I will also be making some special items with the logo to spread the joy in my neighborhood and community.
I will also be adorning my fence/yard with aprons, perhaps a bonnet and sharing some baked bread with a neighbor or two.

That's just a start . . .
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  12:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Gina: I think the clothespin doll would be fantastic. What are some more of your ideas?

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bonnie Ellis

Gina: I think the clothespin doll would be fantastic. What are some more of your ideas?

Hi Bonnie!

More ideas, let's see.. How about making rose petal or rose scented sachets to stash in a free apron pocket? That might be a nice craft suitable for climates not ready for rose bush planting by May.

One of the more romantic things that stuck with me from reading Gone With the Wind was the way Scarlet described her mother smelling of lemon verbena from the sachet she kept tucked in her skirts.

"If you think you're too small to make a difference in the world, try spending a night in a tent with a mosquito."
Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  6:39:55 PM  Show Profile
luv the 'sachet' idea, to stuff in the apron pocket, I may have to pull out and sacrifice one of my vtg. hankies and fill it w/lavender buds....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1614 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1614 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  8:43:39 PM  Show Profile
I love making sachet's. I give them as gifts during the holidays or anytime I feel like. So easy to make and fast.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe
Sharpshooter / Chapter Guru

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2015 :  9:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
I am starting to formulate some ideas for a group gathering starring a fire building class and cooking our favorite foods over the fire. Of course we will have set up our outdoor dining table with beautiful mismatched dishes and a real table cloth (under cover if the weather is bad). We may just girly-up the back field and have ourselves a sisterhood hoedown. We are kicking around making soap over the fire, and maybe a class on tying knots. The greatest gift I hope we all exchange is laughter and unbridled joy.

Sherri
Sister 1350
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  06:41:05 AM  Show Profile
Sherrilyn, that sounds like sooooo much fun. I wish I lived closer (Ks). I love the outdoor making soap and knot class. I know you will have a blast.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  08:50:11 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, ditto what Kem said,,, if I still lived in WA., I'd come visit. (moved from Spokane 1 1/2 yr ago).

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2015 :  8:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
If my brain storms any wilder my head is going to explode!!!!! My rope making machine is here and I am dying to try here out. I just need to run to the feed store for a ball of baling twine. Then we can make rope, tie knots, and splice everything together. The kids are in trouble now! :)

We might even do a little colored pencil drawing, then break out into really bad poetry. We'd love to have you all if you happened to be in the area. We'd scootch over for you.

Sherri
Sister #1350
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2015 :  01:01:38 AM  Show Profile
I like Gina's idea about making clothespin dolls. I remember making them in Vacation Bible School. I have clothespins - I have scraps of fabric - now to get it done.

Thirty years ago I took a class on making cornhusk dolls. I really enjoyed making them. The grocery store sells the husks. Think I will get my sisters together during our Jubilee and make some. We did just that almost twenty years ago so it's about time we do it again.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  09:58:10 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, how about a special Jubilee notebook? Not real big but something to record the events and paste pictures into. Something simple.

Go to Top of Page

Dare2BUniquelyMe

143 Posts

Sherrilyn
Lake Tapps Washington
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  11:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Dare2BUniquelyMe an AOL message
I like your idea Bonnie. It would be fun for each of us to take pictures and make a Jubilee scrapbook in which each of us does a page or two. We can put these pages into our Chapter records and show visiting sisters or even prospective sisters some of the fun we have. If we don't belong to a chapter, photos of the pages would be cool posted on our blogs too or even in the chat rooms.

Sherri
Sister 1350
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2015 :  7:01:08 PM  Show Profile
OHHHHH... I want to do it all !!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

meljones8
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Melanie
Euless TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2015 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile
I definitely think posting on Facebook is a great way to share in our jubilee fun, I also feel like sharing family celebration recipes is another way to bring us, and others, together.
Go to Top of Page

MossHillFarmMomma
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Jennifer
Woodville Texas
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  06:04:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning! There are many ways I have thought to celebrate the Jubilee. I am considering hosting a Tea Party, complete with information about a variety of teas and how to use tea for your health and home. I am a novice tea lady and I love the idea of learning with others. I am also considering planting a tree in honor of the sisterhood and MaryJane.

Jennifer Pierson
Sister #6269
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, your tea party sounds like fun. So glad you are joining in on all the fun of preparing for our FarmGirl Jubilee.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, you and I are thinking on the same line, I was wondering if Mary Jane could put together a commemorative issue like a yearbook of the Jubilee. Starting with 2015, we have a deadline date after the Jubilee weekend and then we send in pictures and stories of how we celebrated. That way we can collect one for each year and go back and look and share for years to come. Hugs Karla
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm, I think I just want to come visit each and everyone of you,,, a cup of tea here, a sew/craft fest day there and then over to Ceejay's to pet her sweet baby chicks...
>^..^<

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  12:57:44 PM  Show Profile
My niece, Bobette, came by and took pictures of my FarmGirl Jubilee garden flag. The aprons are on the front & heart on back.

Sara

Edited by - YellowRose on Feb 25 2015 1:11:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13568 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13568 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  2:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Very nice, Sara!
CJ

P.S. Looks like snow there??

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 25 2015 2:57:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  5:07:10 PM  Show Profile
Sara: Your flags are great! And you're already done. Good Job!

Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2015 :  5:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Sara that flag is beautiful! So inspiring, thanks for sharing pics.

"If you think you're too small to make a difference in the world, try spending a night in a tent with a mosquito."
Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  03:07:38 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay, I'm glad you like my flag. It snowed yesterday morning until noon, and it was all gone by sundown. Some left around the edges this morning. We got another chance at snow on Sat. I'm hoping it will hold off till Sunday which is my birthday. It snowed the day I was born and for 72 years it's missed March 1. Snowed before and after but never on the day. Maybe this year it will happen.

Bonnie, thanks. It does feel good to have it done. The flag is back in the house until May. I'm planning on hanging one of my aprons from an overhead hook on my front porch. I can see it blowing in the wind.

Gina, thanks. I used a store bought flag for the base ~~ the striped borders are the store flag. Everything else is fabric stitched on with a running stitch using full strands of embroidery thread. The logo is just paper laminated with Press & Seal. The flag is not weather-proof so I will only have the flag out from May 1-6. If it rains it will have to fly on the porch.

Sara
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  05:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Sara, your flag is just as cute as it can be!! What a great idea and job you did making it. Your house is going to be so cute come May all decked out for our Jubilee, Rain of Shine! Thanks for sharing your photos!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1228 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1228 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2015 :  05:25:10 AM  Show Profile
Sara love you flag. Wasn't the snow beautiful here yesterday.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
https://www.jewelryincandles.com/store/brittanybuck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page