Join in ... sign up

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Jubilee Annual Celebration
 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!
 Farmgirl Jubilee 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 11

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  2:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Just to get it straight in my head what there is to do to celebrate the Jubilee.

Jubilee starts on Fri May 1
MaryJane's birthday is the 6th

I'm planning to fly apron on front porch, hang sunbonnet at front door, put apron garden flag out front, and wear a apron for the six days of Jubilee. Can't forget about all the good food to fix.

Plant special herbs on the 6th.

Work on Jubilee merit badge.

Am I missing anything? May not be able to do it all but don't want to miss out on anything that I can do.

Sara
Walk in Peace - Live with Joy
FarmGirl Sister #6034 Aug 25, 2014
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  6:29:56 PM  Show Profile
I think I will decorate the outside of my lil vtg. trailer in Farmgirl Jubilee fashion,,, including a banner of mini aprons..
Is it May yet?

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  7:30:28 PM  Show Profile
I think I'll celebrate by having a "sew in" with quilters and stitchers to celebrate creativity. Then people can see my barn, the apron flags and the quilts on the line. We'll have special food of course, maybe "apron cookies". Sugar cookies in the shape of an apron along with vegies and home-made crackers. I'll have my fun chicken chalkboard out with the welcome to all.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile
How about having a Jubilee photo contest. The sky could be the limit. Anything that reminds us of MJF magazine or life style. It would be fun to see other sister's crafts, sewing, wardrobe, animals, sunsets, food, vintage anything, etc. Also how about a recipe cook off contest. We could make food at home, take pictures and then post the pictures of the food and recipes on MJF to be judged. Maybe a "cutest apron contest". How about barn quilt art displayed on fences, houses, barns, etc. They could be two feet square or 8 feet square. It would not matter. Another idea would be a short story contest. Videos of homes or barnyards featuring vintage life style. Maybe clothes hung on the line, victory garden (we could call it that), chickens and other pets, etc. The winning video could be featured on MJF at a later date. Camper contest complete with glamping style. Maybe a MJF poster contest with Jubilee and MJF lifestyle the subject. How about a Jubilee design t-shirt contest, Craft contest with extra points for recycling, upcycling, or creative use of items. This could be so much fun. All entries could be posted on MFJ forum and the viewers could vote on the different categories. Mary Jane, surely you have some extra MJF books, mag. subscriptions, etc that could be used as prizes.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2015 :  8:46:10 PM  Show Profile
I love the contest ideas, Kem! Love them! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  06:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Grace your idea for a mini apron banner is brilliant.

Bonnie - apron cookies - perfect.

Kem - I will have to study your contest ideas to see which ones are for me. I printed them out.

Yes Nini, I love the contest ideas too.

Sara

Edited by - YellowRose on Feb 11 2015 06:39:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  08:52:10 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie - I'm sorry! I somehow missed your post about the apron cookies! Sarah's right: perfect! Great idea!

Gracie - it's not May yet, but you sure are the warm sunshine it brings when it arrives! ;)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 11 2015 08:52:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  09:04:23 AM  Show Profile
This all sounds like so much fun! Hmmmm...think I'm craving a new Farmgirl Jubilee bumper sticker. Hmmmm.

And, I think I'll have to order MaryJane's iris.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Feb 11 2015 09:05:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  09:21:36 AM  Show Profile
I would like to be apart of an apron fabric swap where we send swatches of our fabric; a picture of apron; along with a note about it; I am not able to be responsible for hosting the swap because I have too many MS bad days to keep up with it. Would anyone be interested in hosting it?

Sara
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  12:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Y'all know those flags that fit in the car/truck windows? Sometimes people have their football team flags and around the 4th of July there are American flags. Well, I'm gonna make some flags with the Jubilee logo and drive around with those on my truck.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  7:31:19 PM  Show Profile
Cool idea Catherine!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4909 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4909 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  2:04:49 PM  Show Profile
I am going to decorate My clothesline for the MJF Jubilee and my Potting shed! and depending on the weather and if my friends can come out to the country, We will have a Tea Party Celebration!

Farmgirl hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  3:13:06 PM  Show Profile
I think I am confused... and lost.... would anyone be willing to PM a message, explaining this Jubilee??? Maybe it is my "pregnancy brain," but I am having issues making 2+2=4! Thanks!!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  3:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Messaged you Shannon!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Joyce, whatever you messaged to Shannon might be good to post here for other farmgirls that come to the site. Easy explanations are always a plus!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  4:17:51 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if that's easy to understand my explanation Catherine! lol! :) I just said that the Jubliee is a fun virtual event to honour MaryJane - from our homes (eventually hopefully on the farm in the future) and we can all celebrate in our own little way! My way is going to be wearing an apron and giving some baked goods to neighbours :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2015 :  4:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon . . . and anyone else,
If you go to the first post on page one by Carol and click on the link she referenced in her post it'll take you to one started by "katmom" and that's where it all began. Perhaps that will help some.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 12 2015 4:42:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2015 :  3:19:58 PM  Show Profile
Here are my thoughts.... now that I am SLOWLY wrapping my brain around everything :)

A jubilee is a celebration - of a special time, like a 25th wedding anniversary, or of a special person and their "time" in their status. This year we are celebrating MaryJane - the founder of this forum and her magazine, that brings so many of us like-minded women together with a bond that makes up our "family of choice." As such, I searched my mind of what MaryJane embraces and represents to me... the sewing aspect, which I will include via making the "official apron" hopefully with the logo embroidered on it; the Outpost portion, which we (my family and I) will embrace via an outside celebration in the midst of nature, complete with stargazing and a possible bonfire; providing food for my family, which I will embrace by making sure we work in the garden that weekend, and will attempt to make SOMETHING to "dress up" my rather simple looking garden, to beautify it; in the kitchen - other than making some delicious food for our barbeque celebration, I will either include some recipes from her cookbooks, or perhaps some cookies or brownies cut out in shapes that resemble farm life; and of course the community aspect. This is perhaps where I am struggling the most. I know there is another couple families I want to invite over, and I would like to bless some other families with canned goods and baked goods, but I'm still not sure how all I want to reach out to our community, especially with May starting our "tourist season" to a greater degree in the area.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  05:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I was out of town this week and just catching up on all these fantastic ideas! There are so many great suggestions here that Farmgirls are planning!

Shannon, your ideas sound perfect for a busy mom with another on the way! To me, the beauty of our Farmgirl Jubileee is , like everything we do collectively here together, the celebrations can be individualized by each person according to what they feel comfortable doing. One of the beautiful components of it all is that there are no rules. However anyone is able to and inspired to celebrate,will be perfect! Win/Win!!

With all these great ideas being posted, it is hard to decide what will be best. It is a blessing to be able to select what fits your lifestyle and inspire others with what you are thinking of doing. Plus with people posting photos and sharing their projects, each post will be like a special greeting we each open when we come to this blog and read what is happening. There is going to be lots of "Farmgirl Mail" for all of us to enjoy as we prepare and celebrate! For me, I am loving all the ideas and can't wait until we start getting things made and plans firm up and are shared. It will be like anticipation of Christmas or some other special event. You know how MaryJane talks about Farmgirl Romance in her magazines? Well, all of us create Farmgirl Romance with our creativity and I am endlessly inspired by both MaryJane and ALL of YOU!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  07:10:25 AM  Show Profile
This sounds like so much fun! I am going to put this on my calendar, though were I live the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont the weather might still be to cold to do anything outside, heck we don't start planting out doors till after or close to Memorial Day. So I would like some suggestions for things to do inside. I will try to work on a badge!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  09:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon . . . sounds to me like you've "got it"! You go girl!

It'll be different for each of us because, while we farmgirls are all very like minded, our lives are different, our environments and communities are different and we just need to be creative in working with all that "different-ness"! And, I think we are all pretty darned good at that already!

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2015 :  4:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Sheila: I relate to your weather issues. We don't safely plant until after memorial day. How about putting up a plastic tent like affair with veggies growing inside to beat the weather (a cold frame)Any of the activities can be done inside too, cooking, sewing, gathering together, etc. I know you can come up with some wonderful ideas.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2015 :  4:17:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow! I need to plan a Jubilee with my farmgirl chapter sisters! Oh wouldn't it be great to get other chapters together for that date? A big farmgirl fest!!!
Anyone else on the East Coast?
Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

SlowQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Gina
West Palm Beach Florida
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  11:20:21 AM  Show Profile
I feel so fortunate to have found you all just in time to participate in the first annual Farmgirl Jubilee.
As a new Farmgirl Sister I am super excited to make the official Jubilee apron. Has anyone suggested making Farmgirl Sister clothspin dolls? I think that would be a lovely companion to the clothspin apron. We can make them each year and style them in keeping with the theme. Perhaps even donate some to womens or children's centers?
Yup, I'm a big kid at heart and love dolls, I hope you do too!

"If you think you're too small to make a difference in the world, try spending a night in a tent with a mosquito."
Farmgirl Sister #6227
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2015 :  11:31:09 PM  Show Profile
I love all of these ideas! This is exciting :)

Now after reading Connie's reply, I really think that there needs to be a rose named after Mary Jane

quote:
Originally posted by Killarney

Ditto Winnie!! I am planting a Rose bush in Honor of Mary Jane and something in my veggie garden also!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Farmgirl Sister #5392

By His Grace, For His Glory
~Sharon

http://amerryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 1. Dream it! Make it! Bake it! Shake it!: Previous Topic Farmgirl Jubilee 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page